California Cup

Sounds like a great game any way you look at it. I'm curious ....I think the majority of 2010 ECNL teams has tryouts in Dec/Jan. With ECNL opening up May 1st, will 2010 ECNL teams also hold a second tryout in May?
I think those ECNL kids “parents” will just contact coaches directly and show up with their dd to prove it. I could be wrong but that’s my 2 cents.

From a non-biased viewer of someone who watched 80% of the finals game, both sides were physical. I did feel like Surf was more of a 'team win' while blues was a more of a #25 win. Blues new forarwd #25 is a force to be reckoned with and was a stand out on Blues, anyone know what club she came from? One parent said she is a 2011! Is that true? It didn't appear to be the Blues typical coach either. I didn't feel like the ref was going one way or another with his calls. I think #25 is so much taller than the average 2010 she'll probably get a few foul calls that were non intentional, just a factor of size matchup. #18 on Surf is always a stand out to me. Her composure, ball movement, and movement off the ball is advanced and she sets up almost every major play. Whenever we have the chance to watch Surf, she is the one I make my kids focus on. All the players did great and it was an exciting game to watch and a great comback. And to think I almost left at the half:)
#25 is indeed a 2011 who came from Ole when that team dissolved. She is 5'8" and a very sweet girl.

From a non-biased viewer of someone who watched 80% of the finals game, both sides were physical. I did feel like Surf was more of a 'team win' while blues was a more of a #25 win. Blues new forarwd #25 is a force to be reckoned with and was a stand out on Blues, anyone know what club she came from? One parent said she is a 2011! Is that true? It didn't appear to be the Blues typical coach either. I didn't feel like the ref was going one way or another with his calls. I think #25 is so much taller than the average 2010 she'll probably get a few foul calls that were non intentional, just a factor of size matchup. #18 on Surf is always a stand out to me. Her composure, ball movement, and movement off the ball is advanced and she sets up almost every major play. Whenever we have the chance to watch Surf, she is the one I make my kids focus on. All the players did great and it was an exciting game to watch and a great comback. And to think I almost left at the half:)

#25 came from Ole, and yes she is a 2011. She is much taller than the average 2010 but is still the baby of the bunch …. she has just turned 11 today lol

thats a shame, they would have been a force. heard they gave the blues all they could handle in a scrimmage

Wouldn’t say Eagles gave them all they could handle lol… it was a great game. Mind you Blues coach was trying out new potential players for the upcoming ECNL season. Majority of the starters didn’t play much they were on the bench for more than 1/2 the game. N Blues missed some shots they usually make. Still ended up a tie game, with new girls playing that don’t have much chemistry with the team yet. I think Blues did a damn good job especially being that Eagles played a WHOLE SEASON 11v11 n Blues still were still able to tie it.

thats a shame, they would have been a force. heard they gave the blues all they could handle in a scrimmage

Too bad Eagles will miss out. I heard the sharks are looking pretty good. Top 5 teams. I have surf on top for winning the 2 state cups.

1) Surf Ecnl
2) Blues Ecnl
3) Eagles Ecnl
4) Slammers Koge Ecnl
5) Sharks Ecnl

Too bad Eagles will miss out. I heard the sharks are looking pretty good. Top 5 teams. I have surf on top for winning the 2 state cups.

1) Surf Ecnl
2) Blues Ecnl
3) Eagles Ecnl
4) Slammers Koge Ecnl
5) Sharks Ecnl
Eagles were #1 in the State back when my kid was U9. Had one of the top CMs and were just super tough to play against and I mean that 100%. Great and tough talent coming out of Oxnard, Simi, Camarillo and Ventura County. Undefeated until they scrimmaged my kids Combo team of Legends. It was epic. Many said our combo team was truly #1. We tried to use the combo team to get into Surf Cup the following year and got denied entry. That was when it was super hard to get invited to Surf Cup and it was only the best of the best. I think Slammers Alvarez ended up #1 and then Stevo's Surf team was #2. 9 years ago and seems like yesterday. Enjoy the rankings because by the time they turn 15 or 16, rankings are over and it becomes about showcasing the individual and not the team. College coaches recruit a player, not a team :)

@Luis Andres how the heck are you? Are you still under gag orders and not allowed to post.....lol? I got put in that position by two club Docs for fours years and tried once to post and got a phone call that night by the Doc about my posting on the forum. The Docs have spies on here and the TMs lurk on here to see what the truth is. Parents will even snitch on you so it's best to not post for your dd sake. I learned the hard way in life. I feel like freedom of speech is more important then obeying the Doc. They be watching big time. 11x11 next season?

1) Surf Ecnl
2) Blues Ecnl
3) Eagles Ecnl
4) Slammers Koge Ecnl
5) Sharks Ecnl

Sharks ahead of Legends and Arsenal? Interesting. They might need this team to do well as rumors are they're on the same path as Strikers…

I would never doubt Beach though. They do a great job with their 9v9 teams and are only a growing program!

Sharks ahead of Legends and Arsenal? Interesting. They might need this team to do well as rumors are they're on the same path as Strikers…

I would never doubt Beach though. They do a great job with their 9v9 teams and are only a growing program!
I agree with the 1-5 rankings from @SoccerSpoiler. Sharks will be good! I think sharks is fine in regards to ecnl. They have an 09 team with playoff potential, the 07 team will likely make the playoffs, and the 08 team barely lost to Blues and Eagles. And MW as DOC. It's a very different club from 6 months ago. The 2010 team is all the best players from Albion plus the best of City, plus a few more. Sharks will be in great shape moving forward with 07, 08, 2010 all having a chance for a playoff spot. It'll be fun to watch

#25 is indeed a 2011 who came from Ole when that team dissolved. She is 5'8" and a very sweet girl.
Absolutely agree. Observed nothing malicious, just physical play and for everyone, remember, soccer is a contact sport, not a "non-contact" sport. The ref's are to interparate what is excessive force, and frankly you couldn't pay me enough to try and make that decision 200 times in a passionate championship game.

Back