Bay Area Surf(Formerly FCBA) DOC Resigning?

Is it possible the man speaks truth to power and understands soccer?
Girls club soccer in the US is horrible and is in need of substantial improvement. Why are you so proud of a system that consistently produces players that lack basic fundamentals at the highest levels? I get sick to my stomach when I see ECNL clubs like Mustang play and have to take a whole bottle of pepto-bismol to the face for relief. Collectively we all need to do better and start calling out the phonies.
I'm not endorsing the US system. Unfortunately, we all know it's pay to play. Would you be living in SoCal/Tijuana and providing opportunities for your daughter if you were broke?

Is it possible the man speaks truth to power and understands soccer?
Girls club soccer in the US is horrible and is in need of substantial improvement. Why are you so proud of a system that consistently produces players that lack basic fundamentals at the highest levels? I get sick to my stomach when I see ECNL clubs like Mustang play and have to take a whole bottle of pepto-bismol to the face for relief. Collectively we all need to do better and start calling out the phonies.
MacDre, I agree, we already see some warning signs of people complaining on here. But it's going to take the rest of world eating our lunch during the next women's world cup for US soccer to accept the fact that we are not top dog anymore. We've had an advantage for decades but it's all going to go away as the European systems start evolving and treating their women's teams as an asset and not a drag. I'm not saying we need to go all "Logan's Run" and purge our older players but I really think our system needs to take a good look at how we do things.

MacDre, I agree, we already see some warning signs of people complaining on here. But it's going to take the rest of world eating our lunch during the next women's world cup for US soccer to accept the fact that we are not top dog anymore. We've had an advantage for decades but it's all going to go away as the European systems start evolving and treating their women's teams as an asset and not a drag. I'm not saying we need to go all "Logan's Run" and purge our older players but I really think our system needs to take a good look at how we do things.
Another thing that appears to happen is that once you are "in" you are in and if you are not you are not. A majority of the chosen ones at 13 are the same ones at 18 and .... there are rarely changes and influx of challenge to those already in the pool of talent

The problem with especially girls youth soccer is that for clubs revenue needs to come from somewhere. In Europe training youth to play soccer makes sense because theres spectators willing to pay to watch them play also clubs can sell top developed talent to bigger clubs.

In the US theres not enough spectators to generate revenue and you cant really sell top talent to larger clubs. So without this clubs rely on parents to foot the bill + dangle access to college sports as the payoff.

For the US we're stuck in a trap. Clubs making $$$ from parents is to lucrative to resist. Why would a club work their ass off to sell tickets when parents will pay to make their kid a star? (even if theyre not)

Maybe if the whole college scholarship scam gets overturned someday + colleges are forced to pay players theyll start getting more picky about who they take on forcing youth clubs to create a better product. Or maybe if pro soccer attendance increases.

For women Europe (and maybe latin America) clubs are going to start dominating soccer very soon. Right now neither really care about womens soccer. But they're slowly starting to see interest from spectators. Once interest hits a critical mass clubs will start seriously (I'm talking 8 hours of soccer a day from U13 on) training the girls. When this happens US womens soccer will get left in the dust.

For those of you that think JP is an "ethical person" and his only issue is being "tough on the girls" need to learn about history. The guy burned all bridges with Burlingame Soccer Club. I challenge anyone with direct knowledge of what happened there to post it here. I know bits and pieces, but not the full story. Not to mention, his hate for the "US system" of soccer, which to my knowledge, is the only one that exists in this country.
That club you mentioned. My best friend from school took his daughter there. Parked on the side the coaches had parked. Overheard their coaches talking. The Eastern European ones. I’ll just say he couldn’t believe their ethics and disrespect for families/mothers/female colleagues( One of the clubs on the peninsula) It’s a known secret there. So miss me with “ethical” at Burlingame
Again- don’t just bash good coaches because they “yell” maybe they shouldn’t yell. But I rather him yell than have him looking at my dd or wife in dirty ways. Agree. Of course. ‍♂️

The problem with especially girls youth soccer is that for clubs revenue needs to come from somewhere. In Europe training youth to play soccer makes sense because theres spectators willing to pay to watch them play also clubs can sell top developed talent to bigger clubs.

In the US theres not enough spectators to generate revenue and you cant really sell top talent to larger clubs. So without this clubs rely on parents to foot the bill + dangle access to college sports as the payoff.

For the US we're stuck in a trap. Clubs making $$$ from parents is to lucrative to resist. Why would a club work their ass off to sell tickets when parents will pay to make their kid a star? (even if theyre not)

Maybe if the whole college scholarship scam gets overturned someday + colleges are forced to pay players theyll start getting more picky about who they take on forcing youth clubs to create a better product. Or maybe if pro soccer attendance increases.

For women Europe (and maybe latin America) clubs are going to start dominating soccer very soon. Right now neither really care about womens soccer. But they're slowly starting to see interest from spectators. Once interest hits a critical mass clubs will start seriously (I'm talking 8 hours of soccer a day from U13 on) training the girls. When this happens US womens soccer will get left in the dust.

Everything about this is wrong. People in Europe don't pay to watch youth girls play soccer any more than in the US, nor is there any real money to be made by European clubs selling girls to bigger clubs. It is also morally wrong that a youth soccer club should be allowed to own a child and dictate where she can and cannot play, which also suppresses how much women can earn playing soccer. On top of that, the truth is that youth players in Europe typically pay for training at elite clubs, often more than kids in the U.S. The idea that European clubs let girls train for free or pay them because they're "investments" that they can sell later is a fantasy.

Also, far more Americans attend women's games than the rest of the world. Over a million people attended women's collegiate soccer games last year, and the median attendance at an English Super League game is about 1,000, while it is almost 8,000 in the NWSL. Also, what is wrong with "dangling college"? Those who do not value education apparently think a full ride to Stanford or UCLA constitutes indentured servitude, but a full ride to Stanford is worth about $300,000 in tuition and room/board alone, and about $3 million more than what the typical San Jose State grad will make in a lifetime. Do you honestly think a 17 year old girl's ability to play soccer is worth more than that? Do you really think a school like Stanford is going to give away that kind of money and then pay wages on top of that? That is irrational. Making colleges pay women to play soccer only means the end of college soccer, and fewer opportunities for tens of thousands of young women. Regardless, a Stanford (or any college) player can leave whenever they want to play pro in any professional league in the world, or transfer to another college, or they can just do the smart thing and get their degree and face the reality that professional soccer is a waste of time and money for all but a handful of women. But since you think that a free ride to Stanford constitutes indentured servitude, how do you explain your support of a system in which children can't even have that option, but should instead be stuck having to play for their youth club unless or until some other club buys them? That is the literal definition of indentured servitude btw.

Finally, are you actually advocating for 13 year old girls to play soccer 8 hours a day? If any meaningful number of 13 year old girls start training 8 hours a day, it means society has collapsed. If you are advocating this for any 13 year-old girl, and is appears that you are, I suggest you take a step back and reconsider what is important in life. It will never, ever happen in the U.S. because parents aren't that stupid.

Everything about this is wrong. People in Europe don't pay to watch youth girls play soccer any more than in the US, nor is there any real money to be made by European clubs selling girls to bigger clubs. It is also morally wrong that a youth soccer club should be allowed to own a child and dictate where she can and cannot play, which also suppresses how much women can earn playing soccer. On top of that, the truth is that youth players in Europe typically pay for training at elite clubs, often more than kids in the U.S. The idea that European clubs let girls train for free or pay them because they're "investments" that they can sell later is a fantasy.

Also, far more Americans attend women's games than the rest of the world. Over a million people attended women's collegiate soccer games last year, and the median attendance at an English Super League game is about 1,000, while it is almost 8,000 in the NWSL. Also, what is wrong with "dangling college"? Those who do not value education apparently think a full ride to Stanford or UCLA constitutes indentured servitude, but a full ride to Stanford is worth about $300,000 in tuition and room/board alone, and about $3 million more than what the typical San Jose State grad will make in a lifetime. Do you honestly think a 17 year old girl's ability to play soccer is worth more than that? Do you really think a school like Stanford is going to give away that kind of money and then pay wages on top of that? That is irrational. Making colleges pay women to play soccer only means the end of college soccer, and fewer opportunities for tens of thousands of young women. Regardless, a Stanford (or any college) player can leave whenever they want to play pro in any professional league in the world, or transfer to another college, or they can just do the smart thing and get their degree and face the reality that professional soccer is a waste of time and money for all but a handful of women. But since you think that a free ride to Stanford constitutes indentured servitude, how do you explain your support of a system in which children can't even have that option, but should instead be stuck having to play for their youth club unless or until some other club buys them? That is the literal definition of indentured servitude btw.

Finally, are you actually advocating for 13 year old girls to play soccer 8 hours a day? If any meaningful number of 13 year old girls start training 8 hours a day, it means society has collapsed. If you are advocating this for any 13 year-old girl, and is appears that you are, I suggest you take a step back and reconsider what is important in life. It will never, ever happen in the U.S. because parents aren't that stupid.
"Dangling college" is all they have to dangle for the girls in da states. What females have to do in order to play for YNT and play in college is cruel, regardless if the tuition is valued at $300,000, moo! The Yale coach ((he pleaded guilty for taking bribes because he said he was being too greedy & temptation was too strong and he caved in to the money)) understood the value the parents put on a solid education and so do a lot of Docs.

"Dangling college" is all they have to dangle for the girls in da states. What females have to do in order to play for YNT and play in college is cruel, regardless if the tuition is valued at $300,000, moo! The Yale coach ((he pleaded guilty for taking bribes because he said he was being too greedy & temptation was too strong and he caved in to the money)) understood the value the parents put on a solid education and so do a lot of Docs.

You're the guy whose daughter passed up college to play professionally in Spain, right? How is that going? Do you care to tell us how much her club is paying her so we can compare that decision to the value of a free ride to Stanford? Also, why is playing on the YNT so important to you? It is a cool accolade for sure, but everyone knows it's just a boondoggle.

You're the guy whose daughter passed up college to play professionally in Spain, right? How is that going? Do you care to tell us how much her club is paying her so we can compare that decision to the value of a free ride to Stanford? Also, why is playing on the YNT so important to you? It is a cool accolade for sure, but everyone knows it's just a boondoggle.
Easy Tiger. I see you just joined the forum a few weeks ago so I will cut you some slack. Welcome to the forum by the way. My dd never passed up a free ride to Stanford to go for a pro deal instead, so your way off pal. Coach did love her game but we all know their is much more to playing at top academic school then just soccer skills. If Stanford was a soccer only Academy, then 100% he signs her, moo :) Making The List ((YNT List)) as a 13 year old female is how you got in the front door at the top colleges & their coaches in the past. Not sure how it works today, this was 6 years ago.
Since the information you posted is false about "the guy whose dd gave up a $300,000 free ride to go Pro" in the great game, I need to correct you Surf Futbol. My dd is only studying abroad ((Gap Year)) and plays soccer for fun & happiness with a bunch a girls from all over the world and not getting paid to play soccer. Have pro teams inquired, that is none of your business and mums the word on that. I will PM you if and when she signs a pro deal. Money has never been important to her or her old man. That's a fact.
She worked a job during high school to help pay for the airfare, housing and food + she earned some scholarship $$$ for her Spanish only school and got a sponsor to help with the rest if you so care to know. I said years ago on here that it would be cool if some girls could skip all the pressure with school work, GPA, SAT and being a perfect all around person and just go Pro soccer like the men. I got hammered on here. My dd had many of the top coaches after her in 8th grade but she never emailed them. Do you know how many times I was laughed at, mocked, called names on here because i said, "not now, she's only 4 10' and not so sure she likes doing school work". I never said my dd is Pro only, only that she wants to be happy. She will do whatever she decides to do and right now, she is having fun in Spain and is super happy, that is the truth and as a father, I love that she is having fun and is happy. College soccer is a full time job and it's not always fun. Girls just want to have fun, don't forget that.

A lot of wisdom in this thread, appreciate those who share it here. As for a yelling coach...totally inexcusable in the girls game IMHO (maybe you can do a little on the boys side). If a coach can't find away to motivate without yelling and demeaning then they are in the wrong business. What I find is these types of coaches think it's more about them than it is the player. My suggestion to anyone that encounters this kind of coach...run away as fast as you can. Find a coach that can teach without yelling & demeaning. Trust me...I know from my dd and her team's experience last season. It's honestly sad to see a coach who has some great experience and knowledge that they could share with young players waste it by treating kids terribly...on top of that I and other parents paid for it...what a crazy industry. Live and learn!

Easy Tiger. I see you just joined the forum a few weeks ago so I will cut you some slack. Welcome to the forum by the way. My dd never passed up a free ride to Stanford to go for a pro deal instead, so your way off pal. Coach did love her game but we all know their is much more to playing at top academic school then just soccer skills. If Stanford was a soccer only Academy, then 100% he signs her, moo :) Making The List ((YNT List)) as a 13 year old female is how you got in the front door at the top colleges & their coaches in the past. Not sure how it works today, this was 6 years ago.
Since the information you posted is false about "the guy whose dd gave up a $300,000 free ride to go Pro" in the great game, I need to correct you Surf Futbol. My dd is only studying abroad ((Gap Year)) and plays soccer for fun & happiness with a bunch a girls from all over the world and not getting paid to play soccer. Have pro teams inquired, that is none of your business and mums the word on that. I will PM you if and when she signs a pro deal. Money has never been important to her or her old man. That's a fact.
She worked a job during high school to help pay for the airfare, housing and food + she earned some scholarship $$$ for her Spanish only school and got a sponsor to help with the rest if you so care to know. I said years ago on here that it would be cool if some girls could skip all the pressure with school work, GPA, SAT and being a perfect all around person and just go Pro soccer like the men. I got hammered on here. My dd had many of the top coaches after her in 8th grade but she never emailed them. Do you know how many times I was laughed at, mocked, called names on here because i said, "not now, she's only 4 10' and not so sure she likes doing school work". I never said my dd is Pro only, only that she wants to be happy. She will do whatever she decides to do and right now, she is having fun in Spain and is super happy, that is the truth and as a father, I love that she is having fun and is happy. College soccer is a full time job and it's not always fun. Girls just want to have fun, don't forget that.

Wait a second. You made a big deal about how your daughter "signed" to play for Malaga FC while trashing everything related to college soccer. What did she sign? A promissory note? Is she paying money to attend the Malaga FC soccer academy for the academics? Or was the Malaga thing just bs from the start?

Now I am really curious. What is her plan? Party abroad until your bank account is drained? If this really is a gap year and not just more bs, where is she planning attend college next year? What did she give up for her gap year anyway? Did she give up a scholarship and now she'll be returning from her year of partying to attend a lesser academic institution for a lot more money next fall? And what is the deal with the "sponsor" who is paying for her to "have fun" in Europe? This sounds like you are teaching your kid grifting. I have so many questions.

Wait a second. You made a big deal about how your daughter "signed" to play for Malaga FC while trashing everything related to college soccer. What did she sign? A promissory note? Is she paying money to attend the Malaga FC soccer academy for the academics? Or was the Malaga thing just bs from the start?

Now I am really curious. What is her plan? Party abroad until your bank account is drained? If this really is a gap year and not just more bs, where is she planning attend college next year? What did she give up for her gap year anyway? Did she give up a scholarship and now she'll be returning from her year of partying to attend a lesser academic institution for a lot more money next fall? And what is the deal with the "sponsor" who is paying for her to "have fun" in Europe? This sounds like you are teaching your kid grifting. I have so many questions.
A wild animal I'm dealing with I see. You ask way too many Qs for some curious father. Doc? You have the hallmarks of creeper. I did not make a big deal about it Surf Futbol. I have shared some PMs with some of the dads I know because my dd was excited. Someone on here congratulated her and then I shared how excited she was to go abroad. You are weird and I'm done talking with you. Yikes!!!

A wild animal I'm dealing with I see. You ask way too many Qs for some curious father. Doc? You have the hallmarks of creeper. I did not make a big deal about it Surf Futbol. I have shared some PMs with some of the dads I know because my dd was excited. Someone on here congratulated her and then I shared how excited she was to go abroad. You are weird and I'm done talking with you. Yikes!!!

What is the real story about Malaga FC? Was it a flat out lie from the start? Was it just a con to part your mystery sponsor from their money? Is the "gap year" thing also a lie? Is your assertion that she passed up college scholarships to play in Spain also a lie?

What is the real story about Malaga FC? Was it a flat out lie from the start? Was it just a con to part your mystery sponsor from their money? Is the "gap year" thing also a lie? Is your assertion that she passed up college scholarships to play in Spain also a lie?
You are something else. @Dom, please add this stalker to my avatar list of those who cause me grave concern and come across like a creeper. You know the list. Congrats, you made The List. You will get no answers from me. Mums the word.

You are something else. @Dom, please add this stalker to my avatar list of those who cause me grave concern and come across like a creeper. You know the list. Congrats, you made The List. You will get no answers from me. Mums the word.
Dude, this guy sounds a lot like EOTL and GoldenGate. Where have they been? I doubt it's a coincidence.

Dude, this guy sounds a lot like EOTL and GoldenGate. Where have they been? I doubt it's a coincidence.
Yes, it has all the writings of GG. EOTL and Golden Gate made, "The List" that I had to make because of assholes in the sport. The List is if something were to happen to me because people hate me enough to threaten me bro over my outspokenness of how some Docs and coaches behaved towards the girls at the youth level. We know how they were treated by some of the Pro coaches and that was not good either. This soccer sport is serious business. Surf Futbol dude went crazy about me being a liar three times in one post and started asking weird questions. Never in my life have I been accused of a liar like that. I was caught off guard to be truthful K & S and then to be called a grifter is insane. Last week I was called Anti-Semitic and this week a two faced liar, triple dog liar pony. I did put other avatars on my list of those to talk with if I were to be attacked at the fields or worse, killed. I am not making this up. Some people have it out for me because of my big mouth, go figure.

Yes, it has all the writings of GG. EOTL and Golden Gate made, "The List" that I had to make because of assholes in the sport. The List is if something were to happen to me because people hate me enough to threaten me bro over my outspokenness of how some Docs and coaches behaved towards the girls at the youth level. We know how they were treated by some of the Pro coaches and that was not good either. This soccer sport is serious business. Surf Futbol dude went crazy about me being a liar three times in one post and started asking weird questions. Never in my life have I been accused of a liar like that. I was caught off guard to be truthful K & S and then to be called a grifter is insane. Last week I was called Anti-Semitic and this week a two faced liar, triple dog liar pony. I did put other avatars on my list of those to talk with if I were to be attacked at the fields or worse, killed. I am not making this up. Some people have it out for me because of my big mouth, go figure.

What are you talking about? As best I can tell, all you do here is criticize others and complain about how your daughter wasn't selected for a national team 6 years ago. That is batshit crazy. The only one who considers soccer serious business for 13 year olds appears to be you.

What are you talking about? As best I can tell, all you do here is criticize others and complain about how your daughter wasn't selected for a national team 6 years ago. That is batshit crazy. The only one who considers soccer serious business for 13 year olds appears to be you.
More false information from Surf Futbol father so I will have to correct his batshit slander folks. Sorry about that. Let me think about what to write back to Mr. Slanderouspus. I will warn you 100% you are being watched. I already know what happen to the other avatar's you were using and the new one's your trying to use. You have mental issues and I will pray for you Surf Futbol.

The speculation has ended. Juan Porras, former FCBA DOC, will be coming down to San Diego to coach at San Diego Surf with Andres Deza.
Not only coming to SD Surf, Juan and Deza are taking over all the Head Coaching responsibilities for 09’s to 05’s. Looks like SD Surf is heading in a new direction? Is the British Mafia coming to an end at Surf? Where are the current Coaches going to land?

Back