Bay Area Surf(Formerly FCBA) DOC Resigning?

Not only coming to SD Surf, Juan and Deza are taking over all the Head Coaching responsibilities for 09’s to 05’s. Looks like SD Surf is heading in a new direction? Is the British Mafia coming to an end at Surf? Where are the current Coaches going to land?
Time for a fresh start I bet. I don't know about Juan, but Deza is the real deal. Possession soccer is the best way to play the game. 1 and 2 touch soccer is safer, more fun and just a blast to watch as a fan. You can't hog the ball at the 10 and go coast to coast as a forward in this style or try and dribble through 5 players to make goal. Direct soccer for girls is too dangerous.

Not only coming to SD Surf, Juan and Deza are taking over all the Head Coaching responsibilities for 09’s to 05’s. Looks like SD Surf is heading in a new direction? Is the British Mafia coming to an end at Surf? Where are the current Coaches going to land?
US soccer is littered with decades of people coming over with little more than an accent to their resume, and using the naivete we’ve had and the inexperience and lack of soccer history and culture to their advantage,

NWSL clubs model that behavior, bringing in a steady stream of British coaches. Some, like Laura Harvey and Mark Parsons, have been very successful. Some haven’t.

And the US still has large segments of the population that equate an accent with authenticity. TV play-by-play commentators are overwhelmingly English. Major League Soccer clubs have scoured the globe for coaches who have all failed to match the achievements of Americans such as Bruce Arena, Caleb Porter and Brian Schmetzer.

What is the real story about Malaga FC? Was it a flat out lie from the start? Was it just a con to part your mystery sponsor from their money? Is the "gap year" thing also a lie? Is your assertion that she passed up college scholarships to play in Spain also a lie?
The answer to any question posed to Crush is this: whatever your "dd" has done, his "dd" has done something cooler and amazinger. And even if you didn't ask, he's a cooler dad than you. But don't take it personally.

The answer to any question posed to Crush is this: whatever your "dd" has done, his "dd" has done something cooler and amazinger. And even if you didn't ask, he's a cooler dad than you. But don't take it personally.
Welcome to the forum TopesWin. I am not a cooler dad and this adventure is not for 99.5% of you or your kids, trust me. I did get to chat it up with some top coaches from England the other day and for most women who want to be pro soccer player in England have had very rough to get where their at today. 5 years ago women in England had full time jobs and raced to the fields to train after work with little or no pay. College is 100% a safer bet for your kids in the States.

Last edited:
BTW TopesWin, I think it sucks that many women can't make a living doing what they love to do, which is play soccer after high school. It is the women I must say who mass produce these young boys who become men and without the women, we have no men, think about that. It seems very unfair and I think the men should share more, moo! The English coaches agree with me btw and their trying to make it better for the ladies. Lot's of women in Canada, Euro and some from the States after college don't want soccer to end so they go overseas to try and play. I commend them, I really do. Not all girls want to go to college and for sure they don't need to go to be a success in life. My suggestion to the great Deza and Juan is to have clubs become academies with U23 senior team and have more that one pro league that is not so political and just about futbol and not this or that and lot this.

My suggestion to the great Deza and Juan is to have clubs become academies with U23 senior team and have more that one pro league that is not so political and just about futbol and not this or that and lot this.
And who pays the bill for this? As you know, these "top" coaches require a 6 figure salary.

And who pays the bill for this? As you know, these "top" coaches require a 6 figure salary.
I have no idea to be honest. I wish we could share more with all the ladies. They really do love to play the game and it's not all about money for most of them. The men make most of the money. It would be nice if the men shared some of their $$$ so the girls can continue to play the great game past high school and not be all about college or bust.

I have no idea to be honest. I wish we could share more with all the ladies. They really do love to play the game and it's not all about money for most of them. The men make most of the money. It would be nice if the men shared some of their $$$ so the girls can continue to play the great game past high school and not be all about college or bust.
WPSL, Sunday League, Co-ed, and there are tons of other leagues where women can play after high school. Not sure what you are looking for, please elaborate.

BTW TopesWin, I think it sucks that many women can't make a living doing what they love to do, which is play soccer after high school. It is the women I must say who mass produce these young boys who become men and without the women, we have no men, think about that. It seems very unfair and I think the men should share more, moo! The English coaches agree with me btw and their trying to make it better for the ladies. Lot's of women in Canada, Euro and some from the States after college don't want soccer to end so they go overseas to try and play. I commend them, I really do. Not all girls want to go to college and for sure they don't need to go to be a success in life. My suggestion to the great Deza and Juan is to have clubs become academies with U23 senior team and have more that one pro league that is not so political and just about futbol and not this or that and lot this.

Instead of telling other people what to do, why don't you do it yourself? A second pro league for young women who want to play soccer instead of college sounds like a sound business model. I think you should do it. You could be the one who started it all and raked in all the $$$ that will surely flow from this incredible idea that you have. Why let Deza and Porras get all the credit and the money?

It's not like 99% of these girls and their families spend tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to help gain admission into better colleges or anything. It's not like they value education more than a stupid game. I also don't see how schools like Stanford, UCLA, UNC, Duke, Cal and 100 others can possibly compete against a 2nde pro league. I mean, the first league has already snatched up so many of them, at least three right? I'm sure there are hundreds more out there who would similarly prefer to grow up uneducated so they could focus on a "job skill" that deteriorates to worthless in their early 30s playing in a lesser league, and so they can earn less than what they could earn as a barista at Starbucks. I can't imagine a better business model than what you propose, other than maybe a second women's professional pickleball league, because a pickleball league wouldn't have to compete with colleges for young women who love that sport. Plus, the first league isn't well-established, so you could probably just run it into the ground with all your great outside-the-box thinking.

Instead of telling other people what to do, why don't you do it yourself? A second pro league for young women who want to play soccer instead of college sounds like a sound business model. I think you should do it. You could be the one who started it all and raked in all the $$$ that will surely flow from this incredible idea that you have. Why let Deza and Porras get all the credit and the money?

It's not like 99% of these girls and their families spend tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to help gain admission into better colleges or anything. It's not like they value education more than a stupid game. I also don't see how schools like Stanford, UCLA, UNC, Duke, Cal and 100 others can possibly compete against a 2nde pro league. I mean, the first league has already snatched up so many of them, at least three right? I'm sure there are hundreds more out there who would similarly prefer to grow up uneducated so they could focus on a "job skill" that deteriorates to worthless in their early 30s playing in a lesser league, and so they can earn less than what they could earn as a barista at Starbucks. I can't imagine a better business model than what you propose, other than maybe a second women's professional pickleball league, because a pickleball league wouldn't have to compete with colleges for young women who love that sport. Plus, the first league isn't well-established, so you could probably just run it into the ground with all your great outside-the-box thinking.
No thanks Surf Futbol. You can have it all! It was just a thought in my brain and no way it could happen unless.

Time for a fresh start I bet. I don't know about Juan, but Deza is the real deal. Possession soccer is the best way to play the game. 1 and 2 touch soccer is safer, more fun and just a blast to watch as a fan. You can't hog the ball at the 10 and go coast to coast as a forward in this style or try and dribble through 5 players to make goal. Direct soccer for girls is too dangerous.

A little late to this thread I know, but wanted to comment on this. You are so correct about watching possession soccer as a fan...it's so much more entertaining. My buddy's dd made the ECNL playoffs so I watched online a bit. I was kind of bummed at how "bad" the soccer was to watch as a fan. Good athletes for sure, but a bad style of soccer and more about athletes than soccer IMO. Then I watched a bit of the SD Surf game (09), what a fun team to watch! Great coaching. Need more of that in the states.

Back