Average Teams That Overrate Themselves

Ok at least it's a simple point that's nobody's arguing with. Yes that happens and you really feel burned about some past experiences.

Good luck with therapy or whatever you need to get over it with on the forums.
You can’t stop posting.
Seek help.
Or brag about your kid in med school like that impresses me

So to summarize the wood

"some coaches are selling snake oil"

thanks for your revelation, none of us would have ever guessed that a OP could post so many time over 3 pages with a title like that before making a point but yeah no body arguing the soccer traveling is a buyer beware kind of thing.

So to summarize the wood

"some coaches are selling snake oil"

thanks for your revelation, none of us would have ever guessed that a OP could post so many time over 3 pages with a title like that before making a point but yeah no body arguing the soccer traveling is a buyer beware kind of thing.
It is my thread, and thus I am engaged in the conversation. I find it interesting enough to respond. You say you don't, but yet here you are, posting over and over. Amazing how this gets under your skin. Seek help.

Welcome to this site. 1/2 the threads are some variation of parents encountering some instance of their experience not matching what the club or coach is/was selling. If you don't like that, maybe respond to another thread or get a life instead of personally attacking posters.

Welcome to the internet. People are going to post opinions and post about experiences that are different from yours, but no less valid. Their world isn't fantasy. Your experience and theirs are equally valid. If that upsets you, ask yourself why.

I fully expect you to respond, again, with absolutely nothing of value except to attack me. You are blocked, so I won't notice. You will feel like you have the last word, so your psychosis should hopefully be satisfied.

And, for the record, not my kid's team I am complaining about, but one that has completely screwed some quality players she knows who likely would have had better opportunities that are mostly gone. The direct video evidence of what happened was viewed by me and the indirect evidence of the outcomes is relayed to me. Yes, that bugs me enough to post about it. Again, why post? Because that's why forums exist. To express ourselves.

Crazy to me that you don't seem to have any kids in club but this is how you spend your time, as a professional internet troll.

It is my thread, and thus I am engaged in the conversation. I find it interesting enough to respond. You say you don't, but yet here you are, posting over and over. Amazing how this gets under your skin. Seek help.

Welcome to this site. 1/2 the threads are some variation of parents encountering some instance of their experience not matching what the club or coach is/was selling. If you don't like that, maybe respond to another thread or get a life instead of personally attacking posters.

Welcome to the internet. People are going to post opinions and post about experiences that are different from yours, but no less valid. Their world isn't fantasy. Your experience and theirs are equally valid. If that upsets you, ask yourself why.

I fully expect you to respond, again, with absolutely nothing of value except to attack me. You are blocked, so I won't notice. You will feel like you have the last word, so your psychosis should hopefully be satisfied.

And, for the record, not my kid's team I am complaining about, but one that has completely screwed some quality players she knows who likely would have had better opportunities that are mostly gone. The direct video evidence of what happened was viewed by me and the indirect evidence of the outcomes is relayed to me. Yes, that bugs me enough to post about it. Again, why post? Because that's why forums exist. To express ourselves.

Crazy to me that you don't seem to have any kids in club but this is how you spend your time, as a professional internet troll.

You responded when I mentioned "possibilities" are some of reasons why people play tournaments. You couldn't leave my opinion alone an went on some rant about the so called "suckers" traveling cross country to get blown out.

All you other non sense is amusing but off base just like this whinny post about nothing going on 4 pages but continue on maybe you can discover another point besides the obvious that everyone knows about.

It is worse because of cost, time, stress, and because of deceit (college recruitment etc). In your scenario, the parents from players on the same roster know what is going on and can change teams if they want college exposure. In my scenario, they put money, time, hopes, and trust into a coach that tells them they are going to get exposure at some high level event and they fall for it (and, yes, parents have some blame but so does every "sucker" in a con).
This has been going on in Temecula and Murrieta for years. First at Legends South (name change to Temecula Valley Legends) and now at Murrieta Soccer Academy (formerly Murrieta Surf). Snake oil salesmen (and women) at both clubs for sure. Combine that with clueless parents that have no idea what a Flight 1 team means, DPL, ECRL promises, etc…They have truly taken been taken advantage of. The smart parents, and best players left a long time ago.

This has been going on in Temecula and Murrieta for years. First at Legends South (name change to Temecula Valley Legends) and now at Murrieta Soccer Academy (formerly Murrieta Surf). Snake oil salesmen (and women) at both clubs for sure. Combine that with clueless parents that have no idea what a Flight 1 team means, DPL, ECRL promises, etc…They have truly taken been taken advantage of. The smart parents, and best players left a long time ago.

That's unfortunate. I think it is hard for even smart parents to see it sometimes because, especially as they get older when it matters most, you don't have head to head competition with the actual top teams to see where you really stand. The talent exodus to ECNL or other truly competitive can be gradual, so you don't notice the playing quality drop. But the coaches mostly know what is really going on, so yeah I hold them accountable.

That's unfortunate. I think it is hard for even smart parents to see it sometimes because, especially as they get older when it matters most, you don't have head to head competition with the actual top teams to see where you really stand. The talent exodus to ECNL or other truly competitive can be gradual, so you don't notice the playing quality drop. But the coaches mostly know what is really going on, so yeah I hold them accountable.
It doesn’t matter because it’s essentially a distinction without a difference. I can almost guarantee you that the vast majority of players on both teams lack technique and have not mastered passing and receiving.

The snake oil is when they tell you they play a “transitional” game in attempt to hide the players bad technique. The league doesn’t matter since almost all females lack proper technique.

Back