2023-24 Season

2011's.......They ran into Surf. #1 Solar 1-3, #3 FC Dallas 1-5

Essentially, they had to chase the ball a lot combined with Surf finishing.
Surf self handedly sent 2 Texas Teams home alone. When I first saw the brackets, I thought Surf had a tough hand for a top team, but they broke right through it! Surf vs Koge should be a great game if they both advance!

Congrats to Surf for winning nattys! This team had some ups and downs and focused on playing great soccer more than winning games and tournaments that were not critical. Hat tip to the Surf Program!

Nattys Final Scores
2011 - Surf 2 - Blues 1
2010 - Koge 1 - Legends 0
2009 - Surf 2 - KC Athletics 0
2008 - Penn Fusion 3 - Crossfire - 2
2007 - Beach 5 - Legends 1

Some stats. for you - 4 out of the 5 nat. champs are from so. cal. 7 out of 10 teams in the finals were from so. ca

Remind me again why so cal needs to travel outside of the state with this much dominance? Not saying there is not out of state competition, but to think that 70% of the national champions and 60% of the 2nd place finalists were from the southwest conference is saying something.

At the very least, it's saying we are blessed with the best competition in the country in so. cal, but no idea why we ever have to travel out of state to merely play another so cal team in the finals? 3 natty finals were so cal vs so cal., so 60% of the finals were so cal teams playing so cal teams.

Congrats to Surf for winning nattys! This team had some ups and downs and focused on playing great soccer more than winning games and tournaments that were not critical. Hat tip to the Surf Program!

Nattys Final Scores
2011 - Surf 2 - Blues 1

Some stats. for you - 4 out of the 5 nat. champs are from so. cal. 7 out of 10 teams in the finals were from so. ca

Remind me again why so cal needs to travel outside of the state with this much dominance? Not saying there is not out of state competition, but to think that 70% of the national champions and 60% of the 2nd place finalists were from the southwest conference is saying something.

At the very least, it's saying we are blessed with the best competition in the country in so. cal, but no idea why we ever have to travel out of state to merely play another so cal team in the finals? 3 natty finals were so cal vs so cal., so 60% of the finals were so cal teams playing so cal teams.
Hats off to Surf and So Cal. 100%, So Cal should and needs it's own league. Think of all the kids left out because they can't afford the cost to win a Natty. $25,000+. A poor family making $50,000 a year would have to pay half their income to make a run at a Natty. Insane!

Hats off to Surf and So Cal. 100%, So Cal should and needs it's own league. Think of all the kids left out because they can't afford the cost to win a Natty. $25,000+. A poor family making $50,000 a year would have to pay half their income to make a run at a Natty. Insane!

We got Surf Cup coming up with that national champs (Surf), Koge, Austin Sting, Crossfire, and like 5 other great teams including great GA Teams. Maybe Blues taking a deserved break? To think, even without a top team like Blues, there are several more top 8 teams going to Surf Cup. Honestly, I can live without nattys knowing we get to compete against the best at the major tournaments right here. I bet there will be better soccer too without all the travel stress and financial pressure. The girls can just play and work on their team growth. Looking forward to seeing it!

We got Surf Cup coming up with that national champs (Surf), Koge, Austin Sting, Crossfire, and like 5 other great teams including great GA Teams. Maybe Blues taking a deserved break? To think, even without a top team like Blues, there are several more top 8 teams going to Surf Cup. Honestly, I can live without nattys knowing we get to compete against the best at the major tournaments right here. I bet there will be better soccer too without all the travel stress and financial pressure. The girls can just play and work on their team growth. Looking forward to seeing it!
100%. My wisdom of today would tell my ego and addiction of yesteryear not to pay and chase. I think some of us have stronger dopamine from our brains and it's super hard to control when were in that rush of adrenalin to win. My dd was free, but the whole family wanted to go and support her and that was expensive. I sold my son, and he had a great attitude. We only had to go to Seattle on those small fields and thick grass soccer playoffs and then only Texas for the finals. We got to see JFK place, Dallas football stadium and I went to the horse races. My son and I loved the steak houses and the big movie theaters. The weather sucked and it was super-hot and then out of nowhere we were all running from a possible tornado and hurricane winds with buckets of water. Texas has some amazing things, but the weather is horrible in the summer.

Soo, been a long time since posting here, but for anyone interested, SoCal 2011’s have proven to continue the good work of the 2010 age group. Quarter finals have Blues, Surf and Koge are competing and fortunately they aren’t all in the side of the draw. Currently Blues are ranked #1, Surf #2, and Koge #6 by Soccer rankings. Blues and Koge are no surprise, but Surf deserves the award for most improved over the season. Surf seems to be peaking at just the right time. Good luck to Surf (ha ha) and if not Surf, then Blues/Koge.

View attachment 21628
It's amazing how quickly Surf has been able to turn the G2011s around. A couple of years ago they weren't doing so hot. Now it's completely different.

Developing takes time
Similar to the Legends ‘10’s, but also different. There were only really 2 added players, one in particular that you might call a major impact player. The team character and the quality of the coach were huge and it ended with winning it all. Amazing!

It's amazing how quickly Surf has been able to turn the G2011s around. A couple of years ago they weren't doing so hot. Now it's completely different.
Sometimes, you have a cake missing perhaps one or two ingredients and if you put them in the mix, everything “jells”. I think that is what happened. You can learn a lot by watching how a team responds to adversity. Some teams start bickering, others pull together and encourage each other. This team does the latter. Also, Josh Henderson, the Head coach of surf took this team this year and there are very few coaches that are as good as Josh and as loved by his players as Josh. Oh yes, his two teams both won the championships this year, the ‘06’s and the 11’s.

Soo, been a long time since posting here, but for anyone interested, SoCal 2011’s have proven to continue the good work of the 2010 age group. Quarter finals have Blues, Surf and Koge are competing and fortunately they aren’t all in the side of the draw. Currently Blues are ranked #1, Surf #2, and Koge #6 by Soccer rankings. Blues and Koge are no surprise, but Surf deserves the award for most improved over the season. Surf seems to be peaking at just the right time. Good luck to Surf (ha ha) and if not Surf, then Blues/Koge.

View attachment 21628
Nice win for the Surf 11s..

Nattys Final Scores
2011 - Surf 2 - Blues 1

Was the score of the Koge vs Legends game indicative of the game?

Nattys Final Scores
2011 - Surf 2 - Blues 1

I am in total agreement and it is worse than stated above, as the ‘05/06 Champions were the Surf so it is actually 5 out of 6 Champions were from So Cal and 8 out of 12 teams in the finals. FYI, the older girls have a more abbreviated championship that was played in Seattle.

Sometimes, you have a cake missing perhaps one or two ingredients and if you put them in the mix, everything “jells”. I think that is what happened. You can learn a lot by watching how a team responds to adversity. Some teams start bickering, others pull together and encourage each other. This team does the latter. Also, Josh Henderson, the Head coach of surf took this team this year and there are very few coaches that are as good as Josh and as loved by his players as Josh. Oh yes, his two teams both won the championships this year, the ‘06’s and the 11’s.
That makes a lot of sense + explains the current performance.

Outside of the ridiculous Surf Cup cakewalks to Finals I've always been impressed by how well Surf is managed and how quickly leadership address issues if there are any.

Similar to the Legends ‘10’s, but also different. There were only really 2 added players, one in particular that you might call a major impact player. The team character and the quality of the coach were huge and it ended with winning it all. Amazing!
Adding 3 more Blues players for next season. Gunning for the natty. Where will the other Legends players go?

Adding 3 more Blues players for next season. Gunning for the natty. Where will the other Legends players go?
What are the options? Normally don’t they play them with the RL team and let them train with NL? I believe that’s what Surf does.

Back