2007 DA

Berchimas seems like a nice kid. Met him yesterday. Talked for a few minutes. 14 and able to have a conversation with an adult. Charlotte plays him top left in a 4-3-3.
Met Nsien too. Also, seems like a nice guy. Took the time to chat for a minute. Has a full team of scouts out at Indio.
“It’s a privilege to join U.S. Soccer as head coach of the U-16 Men’s Youth National Team,” Nsien said. “The chance to work with the leaders of the sport in our country is an incredible opportunity. I’m excited for the chance to help guide our nation’s best up-and-coming players as they launch their careers. Above all, I’m looking forward to representing the United States and being a part of the continued growth of the game in our country.”

As a player, Nsien starred for four years at the University of Dayton and represented Nigeria at the U-23 level during its 2004 Olympic qualification campaign. Professionally, he spent time with LA Galaxy’s reserves and the Portland Timbers in the USL.

STORIES
I watched many games of him @Dayton, easy to approach and nice person.

Any idea on when the showcase schedule will come out for MLS next Cup? Are the dates for guaranteed games the same as those first and last listed above?

Any idea on when the showcase schedule will come out for MLS next Cup? Are the dates for guaranteed games the same as those first and last listed above?

Teams still have games into next weekend. I wouldn't anticipate the schedule coming out until mid-June.

The dates listed above are for the first 3 games.

With less than 10 days left for the MLS Next Cup and still no schedule for any age group of both the showcase games aswell as the playoffs brackets. Appears as though showcase games can be scheduled since QF games for league are pretty much all completed aswell as flex QF teams. What’s the hold up? Is this typical to wait up until the last few days leading up to the tourney?

With less than 10 days left for the MLS Next Cup and still no schedule for any age group of both the showcase games aswell as the playoffs brackets. Appears as though showcase games can be scheduled since QF games for league are pretty much all completed aswell as flex QF teams. What’s the hold up? Is this typical to wait up until the last few days leading up to the tourney?

League games just ended Sunday. Some of those games determined playoff/showcase brackets.

I'm hearing June 9th for a schedule. Could be a draft floating around......

Does anyone have any insight or information in regard to rules and regulations concerning a MLS Next player playing for and representing their birth country’s youth national team. Can a club/MLS Next prevent and/or govern the players participation in potential youth national team tournaments and games? Is there a specific guideline on participation? TIA

Did anyone hear that the finals will not be held in Dallas next year? Twice I was told this information over the week I was there. Just curious!
Thanks

Does anyone have any insight or information in regard to rules and regulations concerning a MLS Next player playing for and representing their birth country’s youth national team. Can a club/MLS Next prevent and/or govern the players participation in potential youth national team tournaments and games? Is there a specific guideline on participation? TIA

What are you asking regarding rules? The federations contact the Director, who notifies the player. The club does not have to release. NYCFC blocked a few players last year when the club had games in England but as far as I heard those players were fine as it was just a camp... What nation are you asking about? What event? Most Concacaf countries are inviting their u15 squads last week and this. Most countries' U17s will likely have a fall camp to precede the u17 qualifiers. What country are you asking about? I'd just talk to your federation contact anyway...

Hi is anyone subscribed to prep soccer or any other ranking systems for 2007 born players and is willing to share? Thanks

IMO... I prefer TopDrawerSoccer.com over PrepSoccer.com. PrepSoccer seems useful for east coast high school soccer.
With that said, I have a TDS membership. DM me a name to look up.

I would have to agree, Topdrawersoccer does a good job with their rankings aswell as overall articles on youth soccer. YSCofficial is very biased and is boosted by parents of the same youth that they repetitively post. Footy access is pretty even across the board with their rankings but remember that these websites more than likely are posting about MLS backed academy teams. Don’t get your feelings hurt with the obvious disparities and favoritism at hand

Back