Worst Most Expensive Clubs

In my experience (which is admittedly several years old) the club charges a set registration fee, which covers coach's salary (which might include in his contract presence at a number of tournaments), registration fees for the player (Cal South registration) and team (Fall playing league registration). That money goes into the club bank account. Each individual team collects money, usually held in an account under control of the coach or team manager, in addition for expenses beyond league play - summer tournaments, winter tournaments, State Cup - including additional coaches fees and expenses.

Your experience hasn't changed. Same setup still applies today. :)

In my experience (which is admittedly several years old) the club charges a set registration fee, which covers coach's salary (which might include in his contract presence at a number of tournaments), registration fees for the player (Cal South registration) and team (Fall playing league registration). That money goes into the club bank account. Each individual team collects money, usually held in an account under control of the coach or team manager, in addition for expenses beyond league play - summer tournaments, winter tournaments, State Cup - including additional coaches fees and expenses.
In some cases, that is still the model. In other cases (for more team-centric clubs), the club charges a smaller fee for fields, lights, stipends for tech director, and other overhead, and the team individually collects the biggest amount which they use to pay coaches and league/tournament reg fees + ref fees. More recently, the newest model is the club collects virtually everything. It then allots teams a certain number of tournaments each year and usually identifies the approved tournaments (partly to herd teams into level-appropriate tournaments, partly to get bulk discounts) and pays for those tournaments. It also allots teams ref fees. The only amount collected by the individual teams is for "extra" tournaments and extra ref fees if you go farther in League/State Cup. In this newer model, it is much easier to redistribute from weaker to stronger teams. Indeed, since stronger teams are approved to go to more expensive tournaments (in terms of reg fees, not travel), then the weaker teams are explicitly subsidizing stronger teams even if the club budgets the same number of tournaments per team. Moreover, scholarships also become more explicit because the club jacks up the club fee about 10-15% to allow each team to get a scholarship or two. So, all full pay parents are paying for scholarships in the form of a higher fee.

What does it "cost" to have a team play in Coast or SCDSL?
Take out all of the coach, overhead, fields, refs, uniforms. To me - these are all variable.
What does each team pay to the league to be in their gaming circuit? I assume there is a "Club" fee that the entire club pays and then a "Team" fee for each team. And I guess Cal-South gets paid something too (or is this included in the Club or Team fee and is paid to Cal-South by Coast or SCDSL).

Take out all of the coach, overhead, fields, refs, uniforms. To me - these are all variable.
What does each team pay to the league to be in their gaming circuit? I assume there is a "Club" fee that the entire club pays and then a "Team" fee for each team. And I guess Cal-South gets paid something too (or is this included in the Club or Team fee and is paid to Cal-South by Coast or SCDSL).

Cal South charges a registration fee fir each player and gets a little money from coaches along the way when they pay for their coaching classes.

CSL fee is $450 per team, plus a $150 performance bond. There is an extra $750 fee for Premier. In either case it is a team fee and not a separate fee paid by the club, although teams have to register as part of a club and the club has to supply home fields, so indirectly the club has to pay resources to be in CSL.

Looks like Cal-South Player Registration (IE - Player Card) is $25.00
So with a 16 player roster, there is about a $40-$90 fee per player, plus a $25 Cal-South Fee to be in the Coast Gaming Circuit. Is SCDSL similar?

Back