Who's on the CalSouth Naughty List?

Not that. The people in my community then were more polite than the people in my community now.

For example , we didn't call each other ignorant, inbred, science denier, homophobic, racist or trash.

Agree that the internet doesnt help.
Maybe your community back then was always of ignorant, inbred, science denier, homophobic and racist trash and they never felt "threatened".

The good old days were always terrible for some large minority of the population. In the 80's and 90's, it was still common very common to use denigrating slang terms for non-heterosexuals. It has always been bad to be non-white in this country.
Yes, but we stopped calling each other "sir" when we stopped calling minorities "boy".

To me, that was a mistake. The problem was "boy". There was nothing wrong with "sir". We should have just adopted good manners towards everyone.

Look at @mlx. He's insulting the entire population of a town he doesn't know and whose citizens he has never met. How did we get to the point where that is considered acceptable?

..... this whole forum is a hot hot mess and I wish it wasn't. It could be so useful and thriving, but instead every thread turns to politics or some bickering between soccer moms/dads. I guess this is the SoCal soccer world in a microcosm.
I made the same statement awhile back in hopes that it would improve. My apologies, apparently I made it worse.

Yes, but we stopped calling each other "sir" when we stopped calling minorities "boy".

To me, that was a mistake. The problem was "boy". There was nothing wrong with "sir". We should have just adopted good manners towards everyone.

Look at @mlx. He's insulting the entire population of a town he doesn't know and whose citizens he has never met. How did we get to the point where that is considered acceptable?
Sorry to disappoint, but "sir" still being widely used in many states.

Growing up in the South, I was called “boy” by every foreman and older man at my fathers hunt club. I was also raise to address men and women as “sir” or “ma’am” out of respect for my elders.

Growing up in the South, I was called “boy” by every foreman and older man at my fathers hunt club. I was also raise to address men and women as “sir” or “ma’am” out of respect for my elders.
Am I not allowed to call someone “sir” any longer? Shit. I use this all the time. (Especially for female referees!! Kidding)

Am I not allowed to call someone “sir” any longer? Shit. I use this all the time. (Especially for female referees!! Kidding)
I recently “thank you, sir”-ed a cashier, whilst glancing at the person, realizing in that quick moment my assumption of their gender was likely wrong. I instantly felt bad about it. I’ll do better next time. However, “boy” is archaic. Usually a put-down.

I recently “thank you, sir”-ed a cashier, whilst glancing at the person, realizing in that quick moment my assumption of their gender was likely wrong. I instantly felt bad about it. I’ll do better next time. However, “boy” is archaic. Usually a put-down.
I said, "Thanks, man", at the checkout last week. Wrong. I also felt bad. These old habits are hard to break. Fortunately, I adhere to the philosophy of Red Green and that gives me hope.
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

yes and can vouch for this is South OC I have seen it as well. Daughter came back another time from being on her teams zoom training that she was doing at the park and there they were. She's a 17 yo interested in law and boy was she ticked off that she was zooming and they were playing

Can you please PM me the specific details of this that you witnessed please.

Well there’s a Blues team that does full on scrimmages at a park in south OC just behind my house don’t think they need a permit, to be fair there’s adult pick ups at the same place. the scrimmage Is posted all over Instagram. There’s a slammers that did full on scrimmages at a school when nobody can enter schools in OC. When pandemic was very high in OC there was a pats team training at a school also. The Blues said these events will not be covered by them, but it will be a shame if something happens and their club gets affected.

Can you please PM the specific details that you allege in your post about Blues team scrimmages.

yes and can vouch for this is South OC I have seen it as well. Daughter came back another time from being on her teams zoom training that she was doing at the park and there they were. She's a 17 yo interested in law and boy was she ticked off that she was zooming and they were playing

Looks like lulu and speed cant respond to their original posts which sure makes you wonder if they were being factual or not.

Looks like lulu and speed cant respond to their original posts which sure makes you wonder if they were being factual or not.
sorry I dont live on the forum to respond fast enough to your liking. and why would I make it up? Witnessed a team having full contact/scrimmage and practice at flo jo.

Back