Who's on the CalSouth Naughty List?

Phoenix Rising 04s ----> The team to beat in the SW ECNL conference -----> change my mind.. They were already at the top. They've been training, they love the heat.....
Change your mind? OK.

This past weekends tournament. They could only beat the Arsenal 04 ecRL team 1-0. They could only beat the apl are state 1 Arsenal team 2-0 (the link is down so I cannot look up which division they are in).

If that is the team to beat in the SW...they have troubles ahead. They should be smoking those 2 teams. I heard the Arsenal ECNL team beat the Arsenel ecRl team 5 or 6-1 in a scrimmage.

When I saw the results for the Rising ECNL team this weekend, to be honest I was VERY surprised.

100% a new league with new top teams from GDA and players leaving for greener pasture. Big movement Happy. Rising is real good but not socal good. Sorry about that and that might not make you happy, but I called my shot and now let's see whose right. Happy's Top 5

1. Rising
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

Let's here from the desert. DH?
Rising isn't going to be number 1. I would expect them and Arsenal to be more middle of the pack.

The top teams in So Cal were/are going to be good. And some have said others have added.

Need to watch a few games to see what shakes out.

Change your mind? OK.

This past weekends tournament. They could only beat the Arsenal 04 ecRL team 1-0. They could only beat the apl are state 1 Arsenal team 2-0 (the link is down so I cannot look up which division they are in).

If that is the team to beat in the SW...they have troubles ahead. They should be smoking those 2 teams. I heard the Arsenal ECNL team beat the Arsenel ecRl team 5 or 6-1 in a scrimmage.

When I saw the results for the Rising ECNL team this weekend, to be honest I was VERY surprised.
What tournament was this DH?
Agree regarding middle of pack.... and Arsenal ECNL have struggled for a while too

Rising isn't going to be number 1. I would expect them and Arsenal to be more middle of the pack.

The top teams in So Cal were/are going to be good. And some have said others have added.

Need to watch a few games to see what shakes out.
Yup. This is early "passing league" stuff. Pre pre season exhibition. Goats getting ready for the battle later in October for SW ECNL 04 League. Just make da playoffs is success, right DH? I think Happy was just trying to be positive.

Change your mind? OK.

Surprised indeed! They were the top team in the SW last season. Wonder who left, wonder if all of their players were here (plenty of families in CA, Utah, the lake, up north, etc this weekend).

Surprised indeed! They were the top team in the SW last season. Wonder who left, wonder if all of their players were here (plenty of families in CA, Utah, the lake, up north, etc this weekend).
They were not the top last yr. Off the top of my head 3rd. LAFC was top at that age group

Like i told my pal the other day, little girls should be able to go play soccer. Nope, they can't play soccer but they can sit on a swing in a park so and animal can snatch her. I'm not worried one bit about a virus snatching up my dd lungs and then going into her brain and causing long term damage that we know nothing about.
This game, "Grab & Go" is being played because so many have been let out because of_______________ and the guy up in _______________.

1599583813383.png

Last edited:
Blues 04s added big time this off season...... and our Real 04s can play a bit too ;)..... I know they good but did Rising 04s add talent? Training time in Arizona definitely helps!

Just for fun here is my top 5......

1. Blues
2. LAFC
3. Real
4. Surf
5. Rising

I am going with

1. LAFC 04
2. Surf
3. Real SoCal
4. Rising
5. Blues

Best of luck to all

I am going with

1. LAFC 04
2. Surf
3. Real SoCal
4. Rising
5. Blues

Best of luck to all
Interesting top 5 Spartan. I will say LAFC looks really good ((practice next t us a few weeks ago)) and picked up some nice players. Surf plays the best style and they have nice fields. I like all 5 that you have and anyone of those teams could be #1. Blues is #1 IMO ((GK is top notch)). Real SC #2 if the sisters are playing 04. If still playing up with the 18/19 year olds, then not top 5. Rising is on the rise and a tough team. I went back and watched video last years game and the CM stood out again. My eyes did not play tricks on me. I loved her ganas. My dd had a good game but did not finish on her big chance early in the game and then ref called a horrible offsides on a great pass from my goat to another goat who I think would have finished. Then, my goat got whacked from behind in da box and no call by the ref who was too far away and swallowed his whistle. A clear foul. Then, one of their players got fouled in the box and ref called that one. Go figure. M the CM finished nicely and were down 1-0. Then in 2nd half, M the CM made a beautiful display of skill and incredible finish and were down 0-2. I like their forward too btw and she can ball. My dd tried hard as did her teammates but we just didnt finish our chances and the ref didnt have a good game. All the girls had ganas and that was a fun game to watch. Up 1-0 or down 0-2, makes a world of difference in soccer.

Last edited:
..... this whole forum is a hot hot mess and I wish it wasn't. It could be so useful and thriving, but instead every thread turns to politics or some bickering between soccer moms/dads. I guess this is the SoCal soccer world in a microcosm.
Totally agree. Slowly weening (sp?) myself off entirely. Crazy how much time some have to just spat off opinions. And how rude people get, and the ignorant ones taking the time to write out curse words to (try) to get their points across is so off putting. It’s sad what this has all become. Not just this forum...this nation. Wonder if we will ever get back to a place that resembled some sort of unison and tolerance for one another. Take care all. Be well.

The internet gave a voice to all of those ignorant, inbred, religious, science-denier, homophobic, racist, trash people. In the 80s and 90s they were just quiet being all of that in their own closed communities.
Not that. The people in my community then were more polite than the people in my community now.

For example , we didn't call each other ignorant, inbred, science denier, homophobic, racist or trash.

Agree that the internet doesnt help.

..... this whole forum is a hot hot mess and I wish it wasn't. It could be so useful and thriving, but instead every thread turns to politics or some bickering between soccer moms/dads. I guess this is the SoCal soccer world in a microcosm.
In case you didn't know, after you click on "new posts", there is also a very useful "Mark forums read" button. :)

1599776992480.png

Hard to tell. The 80s and 90s seemed more polite to me. Might just be I was younger and saw the world differently then.
The good old days were always terrible for some large minority of the population. In the 80's and 90's, it was still common very common to use denigrating slang terms for non-heterosexuals. It has always been bad to be non-white in this country.

Back