What's happening at Cal South?

Kicker disagrees bro. I need someone else then myself to chime in here. This was where The Decision was made. 46, the TM thinks I made the decision. She was 10 when the great Tad called. Kicker makes a point to so I want to hear both sides. Scene 2, Chapter 2: Sometime in 2013. She is scoring and killing it. Her second tier club was actually beating the big boys sometimes and it was on. I hated the Blues and Surf at the time. meaning, we just wanted to beat them. I heard it all about the big clubs. I keep going back and forth in my brain. The kicker for me thinking that it was right was because she would have stayed on Tad's team until next year. That was the plan and I will always wonder, "what if."
There is nothing to agree or disagree on. If your goat is not challenged on a daily basis, she will not be a goat.

So is SCDSL going to form a competing league to Presidio in San Diego? Or is it trying to get Presidio to leave Cal South and join forces with SCDSL?

There are already a handful of San Diego clubs associated with SCDSL. There are also SCDSL teams in the Temecula/Murrietta area, which was the northern frontier of Presidio a few years back.

There is nothing to agree or disagree on. If your goat is not challenged on a daily basis, she will not be a goat.
Wow, that is hard to here. You know what, you just might be right. Is it possible for Temecula to have a competitive team if all the Goats stayed local and all agreed to ball on a goat only team? Let's say one club and one coach has tryouts ((or tells some by watching them play their on the team no mater what)) and only carries 17 with 2 GK. Is it possible or do the goats leave and drive over Ortega Hwy or up to Silverlakes or down to Del Mar where the big clubs are. Thanks for sharing

Agree 80%.

The catch is most teams have more than one player who is clearly the best, if you ask parents.

No need to seek out a new challenge if mom and dad are the only one who see a goat.

Wow, that is hard to here. You know what, you just might be right. Is it possible for Temecula to have a competitive team if all the Goats stayed local and all agreed to ball on a goat only team? Let's say one club and one coach has tryouts ((or tells some by watching them play their on the team no mater what)) and only carries 17 with 2 GK. Is it possible or do the goats leave and drive over Ortega Hwy or up to Silverlakes or down to Del Mar where the big clubs are. Thanks for sharing
Actually it has nothing to do with club or a coach. If goats stay together it doesn't matter. You most likely heard of Breakaway team or Shamrocks from MV?

Actually it has nothing to do with club or a coach. If goats stay together it doesn't matter. You most likely heard of Breakaway team or Shamrocks from MV?
Breakaway was #1 I heard. I think I messed up after the age change. I should have stayed and had her play up with the first GDA season that had playoffs. My goat developed baby goats who matured all the while my goat didnt have to try as hard because so many were baby 04s and baby 05s. We got played by that liar down south. I think he and I need to chat. It's all comin back. it's all coming back to me now. A total trip I got played like that. I totally see it now.

Music helps the soul heal!!!

Eagle, thank you for helping me see the errors of my ways. I told my goat I should have intervene with her second decision ((46, it was still her call)) and had her stay. I took the bait and switch big time. Me and that Doc need to chat. I have so many questions still not answered.

Eagle, thank you for helping me see the errors of my ways. I told my goat I should have intervene with her second decision ((46, it was still her call)) and had her stay. I took the bait and switch big time. Me and that Doc need to chat. I have so many questions still not answered.
don't look back bro, look forward

don't look back bro, look forward
Thank you again. My wife keeps saying that to me. I know 46 says I have HPD and maybe I do. What is it for someone who keeps kicking himself over and over for listening to that punk? I tried forgiving and I do, but I dont forget and that's the hard part. I see others getting all they want at the buffet and I see myself outside looking in and hoping one of the cool dads will throw a steak in the trash so I can enjoy what it's like to eat like a king. Satire aside, you sir have helped me.

There are already a handful of San Diego clubs associated with SCDSL. There are also SCDSL teams in the Temecula/Murrietta area, which was the northern frontier of Presidio a few years back.

So if you had to guess, would SCDSL strategy be trying to get San Diego teams to leave Presidio on a club-by-club basis? Gradually building up the number of San Diego teams in SCDSL, so maybe there aren't enough for a purely San Diego SCDSL league right away but they add more teams over the next few years. Or is SCDSL making a play to get the whole Presidio to leave Cal South together in the near future?

So if you had to guess, would SCDSL strategy be trying to get San Diego teams to leave Presidio on a club-by-club basis? Gradually building up the number of San Diego teams in SCDSL, so maybe there aren't enough for a purely San Diego SCDSL league right away but they add more teams over the next few years. Or is SCDSL making a play to get the whole Presidio to leave Cal South together in the near future?

My experience with the clubs in Presidio is that they have been generally satisfied with the way things have been run over the years There have been some issues (things like the 2005 website disaster) but club leaders could see that the BOD was working hard to correct things. Every monthly meeting is open to representatives of all clubs, and each club has a single vote - which tends to snub the economic power of the bigger clubs.

I don't know how SCDSL is run. Is it anything like that?

I believe it would be the former on a club by club basis.

My son has played in both but its been a number of years. I felt Presidio/SDDA was better organized, although I know those that are currently frustrated by its archaic system of paper rosters that had to be returned by mail and the phoning in of scores.

SCDSL seemed very disorganized to me. We were lucky get one functioning ref at games. Sometimes they forget to schedule refs and we never had 3 refs unless the game was in SD. Game times were changed at the last minute etc. Fields in OC were terrible (pre Great Park). Now some of this may have been a function of the Clubs but we didn't have similar problems in SDDA.

I believe it would be the former on a club by club basis.

My son has played in both but its been a number of years. I felt Presidio/SDDA was better organized, although I know those that are currently frustrated by its archaic system of paper rosters that had to be returned by mail and the phoning in of scores.

SCDSL seemed very disorganized to me. We were lucky get one functioning ref at games. Sometimes they forget to schedule refs and we never had 3 refs unless the game was in SD. Game times were changed at the last minute etc. Fields in OC were terrible (pre Great Park). Now some of this may have been a function of the Clubs but we didn't have similar problems in SDDA.

My kids are on the younger side but we have played in Presidio for a number of years, and I have been a team parent manager in the past (thus responsible for game report, rosters, paying refs, etc). We never had a game where a ref failed to show, never had a problem getting fields, schedule didn't change last minute. What would be the incentive for a club to leave Presidio for SCDSL? I guess at least at first, the SD teams would have to go to OC to play -- Surf did that by choice a few years ago and it wasn't too popular at the younger ages (lots and lots of driving for ULittle games). Is it more about leaving Cal South??

SCDSL will have a San Diego division. How many leave from Presidio remains to be seen, but my money is it will be substantial. Bob will run the SCDSL San Diego Region.

Cal South is a dinosaur organization, a thing of the past. ODP, pro plus, etc. is no longer relevant and hasn't been relevant for years.

SCDSL will have a San Diego division. How many leave from Presidio remains to be seen, but my money is it will be substantial. Bob will run the SCDSL San Diego Region.

Message from Bob Turner:

"...This opportunity presented itself very recently and I believe that what the SCDSL is offering, through its transition out of Cal South and into US Club Soccer, will provide an abundance of possibilities and opportunities to all members that are part of the SCDSL, including the member clubs in San Diego.

Their new platform that includes State Cup, a CA State Championship, regionalized PDP, expanded coaching education, college showcases, the Discovery NPL, and a self-contained San Diego gaming schedule, that will rejuvenate youth soccer in Southern California.

I am excited about this new adventure and I would not be doing this if I did not whole-heartedly believe that this is what is best for the clubs in San Diego. Joining this movement to US Club and the SCDSL, will benefit everyone that is a part of it and I truly believe that the San Diego market deserves better and will thrive and prosper from it."

Consolidation into one league is finally happening. Fullerton rangers fc is moving to scdsl. My kid’s team can now drive 3 miles away for an away game and not 50 miles from North OC to Temecula.

Consolidation into one league is finally happening. Fullerton rangers fc is moving to scdsl. My kid’s team can now drive 3 miles away for an away game and not 50 miles from North OC to Temecula.

Rumor has it that AC Brea, Boca OC, Breakers Oceanside, and Golden State FC all will be leaving CSL & CAL South for USclub leagues, DSL, NPL's.

Not sure on the boys side who is still going to be playing CSL/ Cal South next season or how it will all shake out but it's going to be different.

Back