What is included in yearly fees?

The mega club fees are eye gouging but it is what it is. IMHO I believe it’s worth it on a flight 1 level. I wouldn’t pay those prices for the lower flights, I’d put my kid in a local small club or ayso than to overpay for a name. Also, one thing that irks me is to pay for a coach’s travel expense in addition to the monthly fee.
It's funny you mention the mega club because he coaches for one of them and does flight 1 for that price but only for the younger age.

The mega club fees are eye gouging but it is what it is. IMHO I believe it’s worth it on a flight 1 level. I wouldn’t pay those prices for the lower flights, I’d put my kid in a local small club or ayso than to overpay for a name. Also, one thing that irks me is to pay for a coach’s travel expense in addition to the monthly fee.

Then join AYSO then. Sure there is exceptions, but if many coaches did not have their travel expenses paid for they'd basically be running around 4 days per week for free. Quite the contradiction in your posting.

Once your kids is playing at the level where a Daddy coach no longer cuts it I am perfectly fine with coaches getting paid for their time and expenses. Coaching is essentially a part time job and then you can add the travel expenses to that. It is unreasonable to expect that coaches (especially with no parental ties to a team) will do this for nothing. The should be getting $15k to $20K per team plus expenses.

Nothing wrong with charging for club. It's a business and everyone has to get paid. It's what you get that is the real factor.

Coaches should get paid more and club take less. But coaches should also do more scrimmages for their teams (every weekend if dedicated or every other min) and more importantly coach them the right way.

If developing properly, a team should be moving up in flights every year or MAX 2 especially if starting in F3. Of course dependant on how many players are lost, etc. And obviously once you get to F1 status things change.
If you don't see that happening, and stuck in some flights and aren't competitive, I'd find another coach.

Then join AYSO then. Sure there is exceptions, but if many coaches did not have their travel expenses paid for they'd basically be running around 4 days per week for free. Quite the contradiction in your posting.

I get it but I’ve seen in other teams that the travel fee for board and misc during a tournament is charged separately. I’d rather it be included in the monthly fee than to make it an additional cost separate from what parents pay. Some coaches make pretty good money off of soccer especially when the norm is that they have at least 3 teams so I wouldn’t say they’d be doing it all for free. I’m not saying all coaches do this but when I first heard of this (meaning when I first joined a mega club) I was irritated by it, would I leave because of it - no way.

Once your kids is playing at the level where a Daddy coach no longer cuts it I am perfectly fine with coaches getting paid for their time and expenses. Coaching is essentially a part time job and then you can add the travel expenses to that. It is unreasonable to expect that coaches (especially with no parental ties to a team) will do this for nothing. The should be getting $15k to $20K per team plus expenses.

Your saying they should be getting 15-20k per team? Is this take home money? Or is this including tournament fees, league fees, etc?

What about league? For example, a buddy of mine told me the other day that his 2009 son was uninvited by the "new team mom" > now team manager" last Friday before a Saturday game. From all accounts you click on the CSL website (not my child) and the kids name appears so the kid is defiantly on the 12 man roster but was basically asked to stay home. So my question is if you pay for league can you get asked to stay home? Is it common practice? From all accounts the answer is no, but what is your perspective.

skillz

It varies club to club and really even team to team within clubs. I try and include everything in our team fees so that way I don't have to go back to ask for anything at all. A team fee budget "should be" exactly that, A Budget so people can plan and actually budget on a specific amount. I include everything we do as a team and Anything we might need throughout the year. Friendlies Ref fees, every tournament and league, soccer balls, all the way down to bank fees for the team act. Paid monthly through 10 months (Mar-Dec)

What about league? For example, a buddy of mine told me the other day that his 2009 son was uninvited by the "new team mom" > now team manager" last Friday before a Saturday game. From all accounts you click on the CSL website (not my child) and the kids name appears so the kid is defiantly on the 12 man roster but was basically asked to stay home. So my question is if you pay for league can you get asked to stay home? Is it common practice? From all accounts the answer is no, but what is your perspective.

skillz
Wait what?
Kid is on the team. And told not to show up for a game? With no explanation?
Possible reasons for this might include:
1. Too many on the roster and each kid takes a turn skipping a game.
2. Payment issues
3. Kid is extremely disruptive at practice
4. Parents are extremely disruptive at games or practice
5. The kid told his teammates and/or coach that he is quitting

Any of the above should have probably been addressed with the parents before being told to stay home.

Wait what?
2. Payment issues

Any of the above should have probably been addressed with the parents before being told to stay home.

No, Not normal

However, with late adds can be card, registration, league deadlines that come up.

Might want to get player accustomed first or get some payment $$ before there welcomed at a game.

Thanks for the response. I reiterate not my kid, but I would not take my son or daughter to that club. Also, I took a screen shot and sent your response to my buddy. 7 v 7 12 man roster and the kid was uninvited a day before by the team mom/manager without an explanation by the coach but was invited to a futsal game on Friday with other kids from the team so in regard to your your last 3 points if the parents were disruptive or the coach was told he was quitting then why would he or she be uninvited but invited to the futsal game, and two i do not believe any of the last three you noted occurred. Either way I told to my buddy an explanation should have been given last week at practice not during a group/team text the next day.

Wait what?
2. Payment issues

No, Not normal

However, with late adds can be card, registration, league deadlines that come up.

Might want to get player accustomed first or get some payment $$ before there welcomed at a game.
Also a good point - maybe there was a player card issue. (Never printed. Cal south had him on a different team. The team mom lost the card out at the bar the night before)

Back