What is included in yearly fees?

Trojan75

BRONZE
So I recently moved my dd to a new club. The old club use to pay for National cup and all refs fees from season, league cup, state and national cup, NPL,CRL and etc. Friendlies on our own. This new club we are responsible for our own ref fees. Is that common? Did we just have it good on the other club? I mean $1200 to $1500player fee for a season and can’t cover ref fees for the season? What is your opinion?

So I recently moved my dd to a new club. The old club use to pay for National cup and all refs fees from season, league cup, state and national cup, NPL,CRL and etc. Friendlies on our own. This new club we are responsible for our own ref fees. Is that common? Did we just have it good on the other club? I mean $1200 to $1500player fee for a season and can’t cover ref fees for the season? What is your opinion?

Depends on the club.

Ref fees are normally separate unless they are included/bundled into a league fees but most aren't. $5 a player is typical so no biggie,the $10 to park at some places like silverlakes, well things do add up but at least they have drinks and food for sale there.

I would ask your manager what's included, if that also covers the coaching fees for the year? A overall yearly projected budget would be nice to see so no surprises going forward.

Player or club fees can vary starting at $250-500 and going up from there. Team fees are basically everything else and some clubs with lower club fees play the coaches out of the team fees budget instead.

It varies club to club and really even team to team within clubs. I try and include everything in our team fees so that way I don't have to go back to ask for anything at all. A team fee budget "should be" exactly that, A Budget so people can plan and actually budget on a specific amount. I include everything we do as a team and Anything we might need throughout the year. Friendlies Ref fees, every tournament and league, soccer balls, all the way down to bank fees for the team act. Paid monthly through 10 months (Mar-Dec)

Old club included, new club not included. As to the total fee, the biggest variables are the fee to the club (to cover the DOC and other admin salaries), the coaching fees (and whether you have an AC or GK trainer) and how many tournaments you do (each being at least around $500 a pop).

Club fees & team fees should be itemized since there are different.

Like @Primetime mentioned a good manager will lay everything out, share the budget speadsheet, and request bulk payment so they don't have to constantly ask every week for the ref fees or whatever else is needed. Can't tell you how much a good team manager is worth but there are one of the keys to having less stress and frustration IMO.

Club fees & team fees should be itemized since there are different.

Like @Primetime mentioned a good manager will lay everything out, share the budget speadsheet, and request bulk payment so they don't have to constantly ask every week for the ref fees or whatever else is needed. Can't tell you how much a good team manager is worth but there are one of the keys to having less stress and frustration IMO.
Would you say something similar to this?
upload_2018-9-6_11-48-50.png

My friend sent me his just modified it a bit.

If an individual coach is doing his own budget for a team, it's somewhat common to add a few lines to the above file:
1. Scholarship funds
2. Coach Budget - for things like ice cream, pizza, little gift/prize items.
3. Equipment Budget - Game balls, EZ Up, Bench, etc
4. Spring league and/or friednlies
5. GK Trainer - usually split among the club at certain age groups
6. Other trainers - maybe you bring someone in once in a while to add to your sessions.
7. Surplus Funds - "Just in Case" - In case a kid moves after they have made their first payment and you can't fill the spot. An extra tournament pops up that you want to play in. All of your cones get stolen from your car. etc.

Some coaches will wrap some of these items into their "Training Compensation" bucket and spend money out of that. Or they'll have these items are separate budget items and if they don't use it they'll either:
  • Keep it
  • Give a refund
  • Apply it towards next year.
(I think that each of these are fine options)

Included?! The only thing "included" is the privilege to wear an overpriced club jersey on the sidelines.
Everything else, is EXTRA!

....The old club use to pay for National cup and all refs fees from season, league cup, state and national cup, NPL,CRL and etc. Friendlies on our own. .............I mean $1200 to $1500player fee for a season and can’t cover ref fees for the season?....

We have been with club that includes more and less, including having to pay for ref fees. At the end of the day, when one adds up all the costs, its pretty similar.

FWIW, I would love to have club fee as low as $1,500 but I suspect it probably is a factious number to get replies...

Trolling?.....

Included?! The only thing "included" is the privilege to wear an overpriced club jersey on the sidelines.
Everything else, is EXTRA!

Well as long as we're being real, this is the result of being "included"

empty-wallet-no-money-man-260nw-361384700.jpg

We have been with club that includes more and less, including having to pay for ref fees. At the end of the day, when one adds up all the costs, its pretty similar.

FWIW, I would love to have club fee as low as $1,500 but I suspect it probably is a factious number to get replies...

Trolling?.....
The club fee is that alone. But we paid for CRL NPL other tournaments,uniforms,coach room and board parking etc. I’m nearly saying Ref fees. Yeah it’s more money on top of the club fees.

So in that example the coach is making only $5,000 in training fees and has to pay his own travel fees for league and tournaments out of his own pocket. Yikes

So in that example the coach is making only $5,000 in training fees and has to pay his own travel fees for league and tournaments out of his own pocket. Yikes
Yes he pays for his own traveling with the monthly fees he gets. He's not a greedy bastard like a lot of coaches. Yet what is ironic some parents still whine about the coaching fees lol. Parents always fine something to complain about all the time.

Yes he pays for his own traveling with the monthly fees he gets. He's not a greedy bastard like a lot of coaches. Yet what is ironic some parents still whine about the coaching fees lol. Parents always fine something to complain about all the time.

Good Coaches are underpaid mostly IMO although I've been told the C licenses & higher make at least 1.2K per team per month or more , the other major expense besides what's been posted in the Facilities and field rentals.

For example we have friends who have told us that a half of a good turf field runs about 5k for the season 3x a week. There is a field rental item in their budget

Accommodations sometimes those get pricey and the travel expenses can add up quickly when your going to Seattle/ Vancouver for the weekend.

The mega club fees are eye gouging but it is what it is. IMHO I believe it’s worth it on a flight 1 level. I wouldn’t pay those prices for the lower flights, I’d put my kid in a local small club or ayso than to overpay for a name. Also, one thing that irks me is to pay for a coach’s travel expense in addition to the monthly fee.

Back