What happened with FC Valencia?

Did they finally crumble?
Any insiders?
I'm not sure what happened to FC Valencia but whatever it is you can chalk up to oversaturation in Santa Clarita.
Too many clubs, not enough quality players.
You have Real So Cal (now LAFC SCV), FFSC and Legends.
LAFC SCV is currently the dominant club but Legends is starting to nip at their heels (especially at the younger ages). FFSC is a distant third.
In addition to the oversaturation, most quality players will leave the Santa Clarita clubs for "greener pastures" of ECNL, ECRL, GA and or DPL.
The highest level you can play in Santa Clarita is NPL which is a considerably lower level than ECNL and GA and at best equal to ECRL and DPL.
In addition to level of play you can't get nearly the exposure playing Flight 1 or even NPL that you can in the higher leagues (ECNL & GA).
If the goal is to play beyond high school, moving to one of the letter leagues (ECNL, GA, etc.) is highly suggested.
I've learned this through experience. I live in the area and have been making the commute to an ECNL team for 3 years now.
That's not to say that there aren't quality players and teams playing in Santa Clarita, they're just few and far between.

Didn't mean to go completely off topic but I'll ask around about FC Valencia and if I hear anything I'll post it here.

Reactions: mlx
Back