We always hear about how SOCAL IS THE BEST BUT..

Most of YNT players already identified and in program do not get invited/participate. At least that is what was our historical experience. Perhaps that's a contributing factor.
I believe Kiara Pickett and Julie Doyle attend the ID2 National Camps within the last 2-3 yrs and they are YNT players. ALL ID program invites are based purely on the coaches subjective player preferences.

DA players cannot participate, so maybe that explains the inconsistencies from previous years. This will be still be a great way for non-DA players to stay on the YNT radar.

http://usclubsoccer.org/programs/player-identification/id2-program/recommend-a-player/

U.S. Soccer Development Academy full-time Academy players are not eligible to participate in the id2 Program. This is due to U.S. Soccer rules that prohibit full-time Academy players from participating in outside soccer leagues and events. Developmental players in the Academy, however, are still eligible to participate in the id2 Program.

Didn't read the responses but did anyone point out all the ringers in Orange County are probs passing because they are already in ynt pool?

Funny how the Bakers tell their players they aren't supposed to attend ODP tryouts. One player did, made the ODP team, ended up getting on the YNT pool and is now committed to UCLA.

They clearly are in it for themselves and their self aggrandizement. That player's parent's were smart to do what was best for their player and not what some egomaniac tells them to do. She will be in good hands at UCLA in a few years.

I see a lot of YNT players on the 2016 ECNL/ID2 camp invite list.
http://www.soccerwire.com/news/club...announced-for-ecnlid2-national-training-camp/

I see a lot of YNT players on the 2016 ECNL/ID2 camp invite list.
http://www.soccerwire.com/news/club...announced-for-ecnlid2-national-training-camp/

Many of them are older, have graduated and are headed to college next month. They are not DA players and the incoming seniors who are not DA can go to the camp.

You should see my player's practices. Let's just say that if you can't keep up you are asked to sit out the drill. It shows on the field when they move the ball down the field. Personally the Baker's may run an intense practice but that wouldn't be enough for me to keep my player on that team playing for them. Telling kids not to play ODP, yelling and joysticking players during games, giving scholarships to players to incentivize them to play for their high school team. That is just a taste of their crap.

I remember when one of them told my player during a high school game that he didn't think that her college coaches would want her to play the way she was. I called them after the game but like the pansies they are they didn't answer or return my text message. If I had heard them say anything to my player during the game I promise it would have been the last time they acted up on the sideline. They are low class bullies that prey on their group of sycophants.

And....you have to watch out for flying clip boards from coaches. Just a reminder, players post pictures of their injuries for all to see, even cuts from clip boards. Even if they are later deleted, the internet and social media make sure they are out there for all eternity. Be careful players and parents.

Many of them are older, have graduated and are headed to college next month. They are not DA players and the incoming seniors who are not DA can go to the camp.
Girls DA doesn't officially start until 8/1/2017 and the camp concludes before then. Also, players could have still received the PDP/ID2 invites and not attend the camp.

That list is not the complete picture. Lots of girls playing for the US National Soccer team U-16 are missing from this list,

Here's the lineup of the USA U-16 National Soccer team from the most recent European tour. At least 5 of these girls are from Southern California. SOCAL RULES!!!!!!

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...to-first-place-womens-u16-development-tourney
Lineups:
USA: 1-Mia Justus (capt.), 2-Kayla Colbert, 3-Samar Guidry (5-Dasia Torbert, 41), 16-Katie Groff, 19-Devi Dudley (15-Smith Hunter, 55), 6-Aislyn Crowder (7-Isabel Loza, 41), 4-Michaela Rosenbaum (8-Josephine Aulicino, 55), 24-Jillian Shimkin (10-Trinity Rodman, 41), 14-Tatiana Fung (17-Samantha Kroeger, 41), 18-Michelle Cooper (11-Alexis Missimo, 55), 13-Joyelle Washington (9-Allyson Sentnor, 41)

That list is not the complete picture. Lots of girls playing for the US National Soccer team U-16 are missing from this list,

Here's the lineup of the USA U-16 National Soccer team from the most recent European tour. At least 5 of these girls are from Southern California. SOCAL RULES!!!!!!

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...to-first-place-womens-u16-development-tourney
Lineups:
USA: 1-Mia Justus (capt.), 2-Kayla Colbert, 3-Samar Guidry (5-Dasia Torbert, 41), 16-Katie Groff, 19-Devi Dudley (15-Smith Hunter, 55), 6-Aislyn Crowder (7-Isabel Loza, 41), 4-Michaela Rosenbaum (8-Josephine Aulicino, 55), 24-Jillian Shimkin (10-Trinity Rodman, 41), 14-Tatiana Fung (17-Samantha Kroeger, 41), 18-Michelle Cooper (11-Alexis Missimo, 55), 13-Joyelle Washington (9-Allyson Sentnor, 41)

2 of those players are going to UCLA and 1 to $C.

It's a PDP/ECNL US Club Soccer ID camp and "NOT" a US Soccer YNT camp, meaning there be some YNT pool/team players from various age groups as well as players who aren't YNT pool/team.

Back