We always hear about how SOCAL IS THE BEST BUT..

Odds may be better elsewhere-- but no doubt there are great players all over the country. It sounds like an amazing experience for those who do get to participate. Congrats to all.

Odds may be better elsewhere-- but no doubt there are great players all over the country. It sounds like an amazing experience for those who do get to participate. Congrats to all.
Maybe those players from out of state stood out more within their geographic area. Where as here in Cali it's much harder to discern.

Plenty of SoCal players get invited but choose not to attend. Not to mention the ECNL is a great aggregator and showcaser of talent but since there is a lot of variance in the regions you can't expect any consistency in selections. Don't fall into the trap. SoCal has no rival when it comes to the concentration of high end talent. The only places that are a distant 2nd and 3rd are the Dallas/Fort Worth area and Hotlanta (Atlanta).

Maybe those players from out of state stood out more within their geographic area. Where as here in Cali it's much harder to discern.
Though the ECNL website states that "players are scouted" throughout the year, maybe the selection process is more like TDS with a "layer of administrative review," built in, you know, to polish things up at the end of the season?

I may be wrong but is the Slammers participant a WC player? Mistake?

Taking a page out of the old ODP playbook, it seems to me the club listed in some cases is a past club, perhaps at the time of the player's first training invite, not the current club. Change the name, change the badge, change the uniform . . . same general result.

Socal used to run things due to the skills > athleticism

Now Socal is lacking in the athleticism department. If your team isn't spending 10-15 minutes of the 2 hours on getting faster you are being hustled.

Socal used to run things due to the skills > athleticism

Now Socal is lacking in the athleticism department. If your team isn't spending 10-15 minutes of the 2 hours on getting faster you are being hustled.

My DD has attended many practices with many of the 'top' teams in SoCal and the practices lack intensity - the girls practice like they friends hanging out. The coaches are too busy chatting or don't know how to train for success. Even though the Blues suck at soccer and excel in kickball, they still enforce intensity at practice and it shows on the field. Imagine if they taught soccer at the same time...

My DD has attended many practices with many of the 'top' teams in SoCal and the practices lack intensity - the girls practice like they friends hanging out. The coaches are too busy chatting or don't know how to train for success. Even though the Blues suck at soccer and excel in kickball, they still enforce intensity at practice and it shows on the field. Imagine if they taught soccer at the same time...

You should see my player's practices. Let's just say that if you can't keep up you are asked to sit out the drill. It shows on the field when they move the ball down the field. Personally the Baker's may run an intense practice but that wouldn't be enough for me to keep my player on that team playing for them. Telling kids not to play ODP, yelling and joysticking players during games, giving scholarships to players to incentivize them to play for their high school team. That is just a taste of their crap.

I remember when one of them told my player during a high school game that he didn't think that her college coaches would want her to play the way she was. I called them after the game but like the pansies they are they didn't answer or return my text message. If I had heard them say anything to my player during the game I promise it would have been the last time they acted up on the sideline. They are low class bullies that prey on their group of sycophants.

You should see my player's practices. Let's just say that if you can't keep up you are asked to sit out the drill. It shows on the field when they move the ball down the field. Personally the Baker's may run an intense practice but that wouldn't be enough for me to keep my player on that team playing for them. Telling kids not to play ODP, yelling and joysticking players during games, giving scholarships to players to incentivize them to play for their high school team. That is just a taste of their crap.

I remember when one of them told my player during a high school game that he didn't think that her college coaches would want her to play the way she was. I called them after the game but like the pansies they are they didn't answer or return my text message. If I had heard them say anything to my player during the game I promise it would have been the last time they acted up on the sideline. They are low class bullies that prey on their group of sycophants.

Agree

Most of YNT players already identified and in program do not get invited/participate. At least that is what was our historical experience. Perhaps that's a contributing factor.

Most of YNT players already identified and in program do not get invited/participate. At least that is what was our historical experience. Perhaps that's a contributing factor.

There is at least one SoCal YNT player on that list. The Real So Cal player has been to many, many camps and is currently part of the U18 WNT pool.

Many of the goalkeepers on the list are YNT player pool...and quite of few field players as well.
I have heard from some Blues friends that the Blues coach's don't recommend them for these camps (for PDP camps as well)...Not sure why??
Also some players opt out for various reasons-- ex Surf Cup and Silverlakes same weekend...
Last year many opted out due to NT camps...

Thanks for all the insights I was simply curious because I do know if all the talent as was expecting to see a lot of girls we knew!

Probably they have to enforce intensity, because they can't teach soccer.

Funny how the Bakers tell their players they aren't supposed to attend ODP tryouts. One player did, made the ODP team, ended up getting on the YNT pool and is now committed to UCLA.

Back