Veterans Day 2019

The smiling dude in the hat is my father with his USMC buddies on some island in the Pacific, 1945. He was trained as an armorer, which meant that his duties were to maintain and load ammunition on the guns of his squadron's PBJ bombers, and he occasionally flew missions as a gunner.

_7yZJDF2nJxGL0D44U7SCIVKTdhrLVm69EV8G3X3o8LucrZP26_4If1Fmzv1_gvYiUbJWUZZFQ1pqaSeb_kOlZcjNvdQc0HXDkiw41_kg3e5Coo__U7nzF1FXCM1nGTtiMtkUncTP2I

The smiling dude in the hat is my father with his USMC buddies on some island in the Pacific, 1945. He was trained as an armorer, which meant that his duties were to maintain and load ammunition on the guns of his squadron's PBJ bombers, and he occasionally flew missions as a gunner.

_7yZJDF2nJxGL0D44U7SCIVKTdhrLVm69EV8G3X3o8LucrZP26_4If1Fmzv1_gvYiUbJWUZZFQ1pqaSeb_kOlZcjNvdQc0HXDkiw41_kg3e5Coo__U7nzF1FXCM1nGTtiMtkUncTP2I
My old man was a 1st Lieutenant, headed an occupying battalion in a small German town in '45.

Veterans Day coincidence - a news report that the remains of USS Grayback have been discovered on the bottom of the Pacific. My father's cousin (which makes him my cousin once removed? - father's mother's sister's son) LTjg Melvin Clyde Phillips of Moretown Vt was an officer on board.
http://www.oneternalpatrol.com/uss-grayback-208.htm
https://americanmilitarynews.com/…/video-wwii-submarine-u…/…

About this website

AMERICANMILITARYNEWS.COM

VIDEO: WWII submarine USS Grayback found after missing for 75 years
Private explorers have solved a 75-year mystery about the location of the USS Grayback, giving closure to the families of the 80 U.S. soldiers who lost their lives. The explorers weren't initially able to find the location of the missing submarine all because of an error of one single digit in the J...

My only appearance in the 74-75 USS Enterprise cruise book. I'm in the bottom picture, one of the WC 610 pictures, second from left in the back row. The cruise book editors screwed up the caption, so there are only 9 names for the 10 sailors pictured, and I was the lucky one left out. It appears from the caption that I am AT3 Resnick, but that is obviously wrong because I am wearing PO2 stripes. The caption should read l-r front: AT2 Hooker, AT2 Coleman, AT2 Anderson, AT3 Resnick, AT2 Wayne; rear: AT2 Simpson, AT2 Henry, AN Stevens, AN Burtin, AT2 Robinson. There were some people missing also from this picture and the one above - the shop CPO (forgot his name) and several others who weren't in the right place at picture time.

Spola ....The Lead LIAR on The SoCalSoccer Forum......!

That's a very very dishonorable " Honor " to have bestowed upon yourself " Spola "....Enjoy it.

Scumbag.....

The top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy.

“Suckers!” Donald J Trump

The top people in the Pentagon probably aren't because they want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy.
Isn’t trump the one facilitating sales of military weapons to his pals in Saudi Arabia and Turkey? Some being used against US special forces in Iraq.

Isn’t trump the one facilitating sales of military weapons to his pals in Saudi Arabia and Turkey? Some being used against US special forces in Iraq.
Just as I told my wife in fall of '16 that T wants to be a dictator and if he wins it may depend on which side the military takes for him to ever leave, we also learned early in his administration that the military is not pro-Trump.

The local trumpists are no longer interested in America.

Conservatives and Libertarians aren't interested in the America you're destroying. Our tax dollars to illegal aliens, men in lipstick using girl's bathrooms and creating unemployment, mayhem and death in your cities so that you can blame it on Trump in 2 months.

Sad... what your party has become all because you didn't win an election. I, speaking for myself, appreciate your father's contributions to our military and country. I can only imagine how saddened he and his colleagues would be at the aforementioned behavior.

Back