USWNT

Please read these then we can discuss what you think they have in a deficit. I have been told that the department has a surplus but they put overages into the general fund. And yes they have already surpassed their fundraising goals and have upped them significantly.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

https://uclabruins.com/documents/2018/9/24/AnnualReport_1718_FULL.pdf

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/uclabruins.com/documents/2018/9/24/1718_05.pdf

https://www.dailynews.com/2013/04/0...-director-guerrero-new-contract-through-2019/

I don’t understand. All of these links say that part of the expenses for the athletic department are paid through private donations. One of the link says it was 20% for 2018. Donators receive tax breaks for those donations. My point is that schools shouldn’t be taking funds out of the general tax pool to pay for inflated coaches salaries, etc. Take away the tax breaks, and then you would have a better argument. Trump’s tax bill actually attempted to cut back on some of it, but I don’t know if it ultimately got in the bill.

We don’t even have to get into the fact that the UCLA athletic department was caught selling admissions spots to secure donations. Seriously, who can believe anything out of the UCLA athletic department at this point?

Apart from that, sports like soccer, of course, make no money for schools, so I’m not sure how anyone can justify an inflated salary of a soccer coach when football or basketball make money. The soccer teams have no more right to that money than any other organization at the school unless a donation (hopefully without tax breaks) is specifically designated for the sport.

Yes, let's talk about the players who are actually the best players on the most dominant women's national team the world has ever seen, and who deserve better than to have bigots speculate that some of them only made the team because they're lesbians.

Another great example is Emily Sonnet. Ms. Sonnet was the 2013 GA HS Gatorade player of the year and also an integral part of some excellent UVA teams. She was a Hermann Trophy finalist, first team All American and the ACC defensive player of the year. She was also the ESPNW college national player of the year and the #1 pick in the 2015 NWSL draft. In 2018, she made the NWSL best 11, and was a finalist for the defensive player of the year. She has been a regular on WNTs, for many years, including the U18 and U23 teams. She is also a good teammate who has never whined about being treated unfairly by USSF. Certainly a deserving role player on the USWNT WC squad.
It finally clicked for me...EOL is a white supremacist. Always critical of blacks, asians, etc. Always putting whites up on a pedestal, gay and straight. Makes complete sense now.

It finally clicked for me...EOL is a white supremacist. Always critical of blacks, asians, etc. Always putting whites up on a pedestal, gay and straight. Makes complete sense now.
That would explain why he thinks Jacklyn Harris and co. have done more for human rights than Jackie Robinson

Quick question. Let's say the MNT captain wears a rainbow armband in memory of the 49 people murdered at Pulse nightclub. I know it's not Jackie Robinson or anything, and just 49 dead people, but still. Ok since the rainbow isn't on the number? Or is it still wrong because the captain represents the team and also all of America, and we know America shouldn't care about 49 people murdered in probably the most deadly single hate crime in US history? What if USSF went further and implemented rainbow jerseys but solely for the purpose of remembering those killed, and also made it very clear that it was not taking a position on gay marriage? Ok then? Do you think Hinkle would still refuse to wear a jersey if USSF made it clear the purpose was only to remember all the dead people, rather than equal rights generally? Or do you think she also opposes gay people even being alive?

What if UCLA put rainbows on the baseball team's hats in memory of all the Pulse victims? Is that wrong because that law says someone must actually have played baseball for UCLA before they can be remembered on a hat? What if at least one of the victims was a current or former student at least? Are 42 hats ok and rainbow hats aren't because more people overall were killed in the fight for racial civil rights than LGBT civil rights? If so, exactly how many people need to die before a private company can show it's support and sympathy?

Quick question. Let's say the MNT captain wears a rainbow armband in memory of the 49 people murdered at Pulse nightclub. I know it's not Jackie Robinson or anything, and just 49 dead people, but still. Ok since the rainbow isn't on the number? Or is it still wrong because the captain represents the team and also all of America, and we know America shouldn't care about 49 people murdered in probably the most deadly single hate crime in US history? What if USSF went further and implemented rainbow jerseys but solely for the purpose of remembering those killed, and also made it very clear that it was not taking a position on gay marriage? Ok then? Do you think Hinkle would still refuse to wear a jersey if USSF made it clear the purpose was only to remember all the dead people, rather than equal rights generally? Or do you think she also opposes gay people even being alive?

What if UCLA put rainbows on the baseball team's hats in memory of all the Pulse victims? Is that wrong because that law says someone must actually have played baseball for UCLA before they can be remembered on a hat? What if at least one of the victims was a current or former student at least? Are 42 hats ok and rainbow hats aren't because more people overall were killed in the fight for racial civil rights than LGBT civil rights? If so, exactly how many people need to die before a private company can show it's support and sympathy?
How about this?

Lets just watch sports. Let those who want to virtue signal or support some cause or the other do it on their time. You want to wear a rainbow jersey in the stands or watching TV have at it.

I prefer to watch sports for the sports. It is supposed to be a getaway from all the crap we constantly see from various groups and the political parties around the country.

How about this?

Lets just watch sports. Let those who want to virtue signal or support some cause or the other do it on their time. You want to wear a rainbow jersey in the stands or watching TV have at it.

I prefer to watch sports for the sports. It is supposed to be a getaway from all the crap we constantly see from various groups and the political parties around the country.

Yes, let's stop complaining when USSF exercises its legal right to support equality, especially since it is the morally correct thing to do. Let's stop making false accusations that the WNT coach discriminates in favor of lesbians. It would certainly be nice if everyone would just watch the WNT and enjoy the fact that they are the best and most dominant women's soccer team in the history of the world regardless of the color(s) of the numbers on their jerseys.

I will add that sports has never been "supposed to be a getaway" from civil rights and equality. To the contrary, sports has been one of the best and most popular means by which to combat prejudice and bigotry, and to help establish true equality. Whether it was Jackie Robinson donning a Dodgers uniform, Jessie Owens making fools of fascists everywhere, black power fists at the Olympics, Muhammed Ali being selected to carry the torch at the Atlanta games, Billie Jean King beating Bobby Riggs, or USSF using rainbow jerseys, sports has always been a means to overcome hate and bigotry. Don't we live in great times? Never before could a national federation support LGBT rights with hardly any pushback. Just a few online posters, one senile old man on the 700 Club, and a second rate outside back....

Yes, let's stop complaining when USSF exercises its legal right to support equality, especially since it is the morally correct thing to do. Let's stop making false accusations that the WNT coach discriminates in favor of lesbians. It would certainly be nice if everyone would just watch the WNT and enjoy the fact that they are the best and most dominant women's soccer team in the history of the world regardless of the color(s) of the numbers on their jerseys.

I will add that sports has never been "supposed to be a getaway" from civil rights and equality. To the contrary, sports has been one of the best and most popular means by which to combat prejudice and bigotry, and to help establish true equality. Whether it was Jackie Robinson donning a Dodgers uniform, Jessie Owens making fools of fascists everywhere, black power fists at the Olympics, Muhammed Ali being selected to carry the torch at the Atlanta games, Billie Jean King beating Bobby Riggs, or USSF using rainbow jerseys, sports has always been a means to overcome hate and bigotry. Don't we live in great times? Never before could a national federation support LGBT rights with hardly any pushback. Just a few online posters, one senile old man on the 700 Club, and a second rate outside back....
So what rights does the "bigot" want to deny the lesbians on the WNST again?

Looks like the USSF agrees with me that the women make more than the men. Considering they are the ones with more knowledge about the payments, structure and financials I’ll go ahead and believe them over the masses that have no clue other than their emotional need to believe that they are being treated unequal. I guess it will get straightened out on court as to who is right.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...says-uswnt-has-made-more-than-the-men?src=com

Looks like the USSF agrees with me that the women make more than the men. Considering they are the ones with more knowledge about the payments, structure and financials I’ll go ahead and believe them over the masses that have no clue other than their emotional need to believe that they are being treated unequal. I guess it will get straightened out on court as to who is right.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...says-uswnt-has-made-more-than-the-men?src=com
Thanks Frank. Carlos Cordeiro wrote an open letter calling for fair pay and outlining what has been paid to both teams over the last 10 years. In support of his case he published Factsheet detailing the historic pay. For those who are curious here is the Factsheet sent out by USSF President Carlos Cordeiro:

https://twitter.com/CACSoccer/status/1155951910760796166

Why is NWSL pay included? Also how can US Soccer’s assumption for NWSL pay per player be higher than the league salary cap?
And since it is included, why isn’t total investment between men/women included? Would be curious to see those numbers to see if it still tells the same story.

Why is NWSL pay included? Also how can US Soccer’s assumption for NWSL pay per player be higher than the league salary cap?
And since it is included, why isn’t total investment between men/women included? Would be curious to see those numbers to see if it still tells the same story.

SF2 I have not had a chance to go through it all. At first blush I felt his Factsheet was a bit cursory but I have to look more closely. I am also curious to see the USWNT rebuttal.

Back