Uniform patches

randy

BRONZE
For those who need to iron on patches to their child’s soccer uniforms (DA, ECNL, etc), do you do it yourself? Or is there a soccer/sports store in San Diego that applies it for a fee?

thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, our patch is iron only. There is a rubbery adhesive on one side and plastic on the opposite side, just like how the numbers are on jerseys. Is it even worth it to have it done, or just iron it myself?

ECNL patches can only be applied by Soccerloco (in SD). You have to purchase them and they will apply them (maybe around $10 for just the patch and application). I have to do this when I purchase keeper jerseys (the one by the club is not enough so we fork out $$ for Nike jerseys and take them to Susan at Soccerloco - HQ not the stores - they don't do it there). I get the number, club patch and ECNL patch and it is about $18 per jersey. ECNL is very particular about their patches :)

That's pretty funny.

What's the penalty for incorrect patching?
I would like to know that also. When we played the 05 Heat a couple of weeks ago, their ECNL patches were on their lower back, which IMO doesn’t look good. Not sure if the other Heat teams had it the same way or on their shoulder.

Patches we don't need no stinking ...

Seriously why does every league want you to wear a patch? When you run out of sleeve room what your going to do? The DA ones on the back just bellow the collar, nobody sees or cares about those that I know of.

I would like to know that also. When we played the 05 Heat a couple of weeks ago, their ECNL patches were on their lower back, which IMO doesn’t look good. Not sure if the other Heat teams had it the same way or on their shoulder.

ECNL rules are left upper arm or lower/upper back. But I've seen some teams with them on their right upper arm which is technically incorrect.

DA rules are left upper arm. I wasn't aware we could put them on the back too as all at Real are left upper arm.

Seriously why does every league want you to wear a patch? When you run out of sleeve room what your going to do? The DA ones on the back just bellow the collar, nobody sees or cares about those that I know of.

That line has gotten so famous that people quote it even if they have never seen the movie.

I wonder how long the various league committees spent trying to figure out where to put a patch on a jersey.

Patches on top of patches, some league will send out champion patches if you have any room left. Not small ones either the big stiff ones :p Need a 3rd jesery just to fit them all on in some cases.

Patches on top of patches, some league will send out champion patches if you have any room left. Not small ones either the big stiff ones :p Need a 3rd jesery just to fit them all on in some cases.

Some of the indoor leagues I and my sons played in gave out League Champion t-shirts at the end of every season. It was considered to be intimidating to wear them as team jerseys the next season, especially since that implied that the team was still intact.

I’ll see your post and raise you...

Admitting something here that better not leave this forum. Before I was a soccer dad, I was a dance dad. Blinged at least 30 costumes for dance for the older daughter throughout the years using E6000. Yep, the things we do for our kids.

Fortunately, my wife did all the bedazzling. I don't even want to know how much we spent on rhinestones. I use E6000 all the time now.

Back