Uniform patches

Some of the indoor leagues I and my sons played in gave out League Champion t-shirts at the end of every season. It was considered to be intimidating to wear them as team jerseys the next season, especially since that implied that the team was still intact.

The days of the event t-shirts and specially those pins seem to be faded but champions t-shirts are still occasionally given. The jackets are something my kids still cherish, surf and a few others only ones still doing that.

The days of the event t-shirts and specially those pins seem to be faded but champions t-shirts are still occasionally given. The jackets are something my kids still cherish, surf and a few others only ones still doing that.

I still have a few in my t-shirt rotation. It is my official position that I don't remember which ones I won as a player, which ones I won as a coach, and which ones I stole from my sons.

For those who need to iron on patches to their child’s soccer uniforms (DA, ECNL, etc), do you do it yourself? Or is there a soccer/sports store in San Diego that applies it for a fee?

thanks in advance.

My 2007 had her first ECNL game last Saturday. Of course they got the patches the night before the game. My wife was at work so I had to iron them onto her jerseys while my daughter stood there saying “Do you know what you are doing?” and “Don’t burn my shirts!” I felt like I was performing open heart surgery.

Wasn’t that hard. Dad saved the day!

My 2007 had her first ECNL game last Saturday. Of course they got the patches the night before the game. My wife was at work so I had to iron them onto her jerseys while my daughter stood there saying “Do you know what you are doing?” and “Don’t burn my shirts!” I felt like I was performing open heart surgery.

Most jerseys are polyester nowadays. Did you use the polyester setting on the iron, or the cotton, or the absolute hottest setting?

Most jerseys are polyester nowadays. Did you use the polyester setting on the iron, or the cotton, or the absolute hottest setting?

No idea. Just plugged it in, waited five minutes until it was hot and pressed on the patch for about 30 seconds, hoping it wouldn’t catch on fire!

steam iron you could run dry by not adding water , my son thought it was good idea to "fast dry" his soccer shorts one day with that old school iron and melted them when he was younger :D learned the hard way but luckily had a backup pair.

They can afford it by charging $1,700 per team

For those who need to iron on patches to their child’s soccer uniforms (DA, ECNL, etc), do you do it yourself? Or is there a soccer/sports store in San Diego that applies it for a fee?

thanks in advance.

I iron them on myself (and for the rest of the team). I just empty all the water out of my iron and set it to the hottest setting. I use a white pillow case between the iron and the patch/jersey and iron the front and backside for about 10-15 seconds. I've never had any issues. Good luck!

Serious question- why do we need a patch?

Don't...

Promote & Market the league(s) and/or make the parents feel better, those 2k+ fees or whatever have to get you something right?

Why not a $2 patch, kids would enjoy a lollipop more and they generally only talk about patches when players seem "misplaced"

I iron them on myself (and for the rest of the team). I just empty all the water out of my iron and set it to the hottest setting. I use a white pillow case between the iron and the patch/jersey and iron the front and backside for about 10-15 seconds. I've never had any issues. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I did what you suggested and seemed to work. Hopefully it doesnt peel out after a wash.

Forgive me but who requires that kids put a patch(s) on!? The team/club!? I mean does the club get a cut for giving free advertisement?

I would like to know that also. When we played the 05 Heat a couple of weeks ago, their ECNL patches were on their lower back, which IMO doesn’t look good. Not sure if the other Heat teams had it the same way or on their shoulder.

Our ECNL patches are on our lower back too. I took my patches to a place that ironed them on then sewed them down. $2 a patch

Thanks for the response. Just what I thought, sounds like the league wants free advertisement!

I trained a shit load of JiuJitsu. The only patch I’d wear is my schools or instructors patch. No Tap Out patch. No “gameness” patch. Why the freak would I buy a patch and then give that company free advertisement. But again, it sounds like these leagues want that advertisement!

Leagues or sanctioning bodies..some get serious about it... especially during check-ins or come playoffs time.

Thanks for the response. Just what I thought, sounds like the league wants free advertisement!

I trained a shit load of JiuJitsu. The only patch I’d wear is my schools or instructors patch. No Tap Out patch. No “gameness” patch. Why the freak would I buy a patch and then give that company free advertisement. But again, it sounds like these leagues want that advertisement!
It's part of the uniform. Like the MLS patch MLS teams wear.

Back