U17 WNT Camp

I hear the same thing - Zoom YNT Camp - may be coming later this spring for other age groups, even the '07s.

Kind of looks like a cluster-fuck to me. Isn’t the u17 world cup suppose to happen in approximately 8-9 months in India? How are they going to narrow this list down to a core group of players so that they will be prepared for India?

I thought I read that last year's U17 and U20 World Cups were completely cancelled. Same countries are going to host the tournaments next year. Or at least Costa Rica is hosting the U20's.

They be preparing for the qualifiers which I guess will probably happen towards the end of the year.

Kind of looks like a cluster-fuck to me. Isn’t the u17 world cup suppose to happen in approximately 8-9 months in India? How are they going to narrow this list down to a core group of players so that they will be prepared for India?

The 2020 (which was eventually moved to 2021) U17 world cup was cancelled. This cycle of players (primarily '05s) are preparing for the 2022 event.

Mexico has called their U-15’s up for a two week camp beginning Monday March 8, 2021. A few of my daughters friends left Tijuana headed to Mexico City this morning.

Any word on upcoming programming for US YNT’s?

Mexico has called their U-15’s up for a two week camp beginning Monday March 8, 2021. A few of my daughters friends left Tijuana headed to Mexico City this morning.

Any word on upcoming programming for US YNT’s?
In addition to virtual camps that got underway last month, there are 8 regional identification camps scheduled for 2021 starting with Dallas in March. That’s all that’s been announced so far. Not sure when training camps will restart.

In Top Drawer Soccer article:

"The YNT Regional ID Centers for 2021 are kicking off soon. TopDrawerSoccer learned this week that there will be a camp for the 2005 age group in Dallas, Texas on March 24th. There were 28 players called into the Identification Center event.

FC Dallas leads the way with six players called into the Identification Center. Solar SC and DKSC each had four players called into the ID Center. Classics Elite and Sting Dallas both had three players included in the roster. In total, 25 of the 28 players invited come from the ECNL. The other three players play for Girls Academy League Clubs (two from Lonestar, one from Houston Dash).

The Identification Center Camps were a point of contention during the U.S. Soccer Annual Governors Meeting last week. The Athletic’s Meg Linehan reported that would be nine camps on the women’s side of the Federation during 2021. It appears that this upcoming camp in Dallas will be the first of the year. Denver, San Jose, Los Angeles, Indianapolis, New York/New Jersey, South Carolina, and Tampa are other locations for YNT Regional ID Centers on the women’s side. "

So overnight all the best players now are from ECNL clubs? Just last year all the best players were in the DA. So are they trying to say that all those DA clubs became ECNL or all the best players left those clubs and joined an ECNL club? Or was it all just a bunch of crap when the only players that got called up over the past couple of years were primarily in the DA? how the tide shifts so quickly and no one at US Soccer is embarrassed about any of this?

Also, wondering why the ID Center camps were a point of contention? That is curious

FC Dallas leads the way with six players called into the Identification Center. Solar SC and DKSC each had four players called into the ID Center.

So overnight all the best players now are from ECNL clubs? Just last year all the best players were in the DA. So are they trying to say that all those DA clubs became ECNL or all the best players left those clubs and joined an ECNL club? Or was it all just a bunch of crap when the only players that got called up over the past couple of years were primarily in the DA? how the tide shifts so quickly and no one at US Soccer is embarrassed about any of this?

FC Dallas and Solar top teams were in the DA last year. That's 10 of the players right there, assuming they were at the same club last year. So yes, many of those DA clubs became ECNL and yes, some good players left former DA clubs and joined ECNL clubs. What's surprising about that?

ECNL vs GA player ratio hard to deny / ignore as the dad of a GA player

I think it's only natural this year, especially in TX where ECNL teams outnumber GA teams by 6. Out of the 4 GA teams, Lonestar and Houston Dash are the only ones that have likely had YNT exposure. The other two clubs have to showcase their talent. They will be looked at, just not now. The U17s have a hard date next year. They have to look at known talent now.

There will be a shift for sure overall - If YNT is a goal, your player hasn't been looked at in the past and your club doesn't have a historical relationship with the YNT crowd, then maybe their is a concern. I wouldn't base my decision to leave a club/league for another based on YNT status. It's a lofty goal to achieve. I've seen players leave their home state to play on a club with historical selections and it backfire.

I think it's only natural this year, especially in TX where ECNL teams outnumber GA teams by 6. Out of the 4 GA teams, Lonestar and Houston Dash are the only ones that have likely had YNT exposure. The other two clubs have to showcase their talent. They will be looked at, just not now. The U17s have a hard date next year. They have to look at known talent now.

There will be a shift for sure overall - If YNT is a goal, your player hasn't been looked at in the past and your club doesn't have a historical relationship with the YNT crowd, then maybe their is a concern. I wouldn't base my decision to leave a club/league for another based on YNT status. It's a lofty goal to achieve. I've seen players leave their home state to play on a club with historical selections and it backfire.

Yep. 25/28 may be current ECNL players, but at least 17 of the girls selected this time around (that I know of) are ex-DA players.

This is taken from the 2021 AGM report which is public. The projections suggest that GNT action this year is going to be U17 and U20. Presumably, as they suggested last year, they’re prioritizing the age groups entering competition (U17 and U20 WWC in 2022).

Attachments

• EC9D5E5E-31E9-4869-BB54-CF0EBE76BBCA.jpeg
    EC9D5E5E-31E9-4869-BB54-CF0EBE76BBCA.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 36
This is taken from the 2021 AGM report which is public. The projections suggest that GNT action this year is going to be U17 and U20. Presumably, as they suggested last year, they’re prioritizing the age groups entering competition (U17 and U20 WWC in 2022).
That is what the other ages groups have been told.

Yep. 25/28 may be current ECNL players, but at least 17 of the girls selected this time around (that I know of) are ex-DA players.
And I bet all of them were ex-ECNL players or were headed to ECNL when old enough before the DA existed. My point is the GDA was a tremendous disaster, caused a disruption in the soccer world and many are still pulling up the DA as something to be impressed by.

Yep, players already in the pipeline in some form or fashion. The YNT report card for the GA won't be known for a few years - likely based on the U14 year group. The U15s who went to Chula Vista last year were mainly from DA teams that are now ECNL or from teams no longer around (Quakes, Galaxy).

YNT will matter to a few people, not most. For most, college commits will be a better litmus test. The GA will be a legit pathway to college. Some will use commits to P5 as the differentiator. Again, something that most players won't achieve.

Parents will always be the driver for league comparison, just the way it is. Most college coaches don't really care.

And I bet all of them were ex-ECNL players or were headed to ECNL when old enough before the DA existed. My point is the GDA was a tremendous disaster, caused a disruption in the soccer world and many are still pulling up the DA as something to be impressed by.
Good point 43. Other points I see it also caused tremendous divisions among the socal clubs, parents (("you better turn around if you see me at da fields")) and sadly, the kids were stuck in the middle and, aint that a shame........The biggest scam was putting the decisions of "The List" in the Docs hands. That was a big, bad mistake and I hope that never happens again. I can see Doc or coach making recommendations but not given the power to pick. Too many naughty things can happen behind closed doors. Good luck to all the players and win for America :)

Back