U17 WNT Camp

Interesting - what is the point of a virtual camp? I guess it isn't a requirement that you perform at the YNT to get call-ups so this may be nothing new.

Is the list tilted towards regions of the country that have been able to play?

But think I saw an LA Surf player on the list - maybe she’s a repeat call up?

Is the list tilted towards regions of the country that have been able to play?

But think I saw an LA Surf player on the list - maybe she’s a repeat call up?
Kind of looks like a cluster-fuck to me. Isn’t the u17 world cup suppose to happen in approximately 8-9 months in India? How are they going to narrow this list down to a core group of players so that they will be prepared for India?

There are 140 players invited. The 60 that were already in the U15 pool, plus 80 new ones. The 80 are not necessarily tilted to regions that could play. They also include girls that did well in previous NTC’s.

Kind of looks like a cluster-fuck to me. Isn’t the u17 world cup suppose to happen in approximately 8-9 months in India? How are they going to narrow this list down to a core group of players so that they will be prepared for India?
They have a core group from the U15 pool last year and several players in this age group have played up to the previous U17 pool. The U15 March 2020 camp was narrowed to 36 players from the previous 60 in Oct 2019. They have made it a goal since last year to evaluate a larger group of girls (the U14 mini camps were significantly expanded in size last year and the initial training pools were bigger at 60 players per age group) and have continued to evaluate via video. I’m sure they figured that since they were restricted to zoom for now, that would allow them to share info with an even larger group.

I heard October of 2022, but I don't say that with great confidence.

Aikey is a repeat call up but isn’t in Colorado. She was at Earthquakes and now plays with MVLA in NorCal. Makes me question the accuracy of this.
I have always questioned the "reporting" of TDS, the few that I have read have had goal scorers incorrect and some players for wrong teams or previous teams. The use of the word "unsurprisingly" with 1 player (it is unsurprising that she would be included) makes it curious did a person with some association with that club write the article :).
This also isn't a complete list of girls invited.

I have always questioned the "reporting" of TDS, the few that I have read have had goal scorers incorrect and some players for wrong teams or previous teams. The use of the word "unsurprisingly" with 1 player (it is unsurprising that she would be included) makes it curious did a person with some association with that club write the article :).
This also isn't a complete list of girls invited.
Oh, dont get me started on those articles. I have some classics I saved from a few years ago :)

Back