U17 WNT Camp

And I bet all of them were ex-ECNL players or were headed to ECNL when old enough before the DA existed. My point is the GDA was a tremendous disaster, caused a disruption in the soccer world and many are still pulling up the DA as something to be impressed by.
I'm in the opposite camp and will likely get flamed for it. I thought the DA was a step in the right direction to formalize player development and provide structure to the process. In the end, it proved that it couldn't get out of it's own way and couldn't adapt quick enough to retain the older players. It also got caught up in the inadequacies of US Soccer and it's shenanigans. Unfortunate for the players and great for ECNL. Hats off to ECNL for moving quickly to consolidate.

The big winner in my opinion is Surf Sports - they have their hands in everything and are coming out of the pandemic as the big savior of youth soccer. They got great publicity throughout the pandemic.

And to your point, it did cause disruption and it didn't have to. Hubris has a way of doing that.

I'm in the opposite camp and will likely get flamed for it. I thought the DA was a step in the right direction to formalize player development and provide structure to the process. In the end, it proved that it couldn't get out of it's own way and couldn't adapt quick enough to retain the older players. It also got caught up in the inadequacies of US Soccer and it's shenanigans. Unfortunate for the players and great for ECNL. Hats off to ECNL for moving quickly to consolidate.

The big winner in my opinion is Surf Sports - they have their hands in everything and are coming out of the pandemic as the big savior of youth soccer. They got great publicity throughout the pandemic.

And to your point, it did cause disruption and it didn't have to. Hubris has a way of doing that.
No hot flames from me Happy. I'm actually all out of soccer rants and flames and now it's just sit back and watch and let the dominos fall where they fall. The GDA was a complete and utter failure, MOO! The only development going on was making sure you choose club wisely and obey Doc and make sure you kiss his ass to jump the line. It was a war between business men in socal and the kids and parents ((the customers)) were used as pawns. Fathers who know best get told to STFU or get blacklisted. I'm done talking about it Happy. SCS is the winner for sure and I might say, they did step up and save soccer. My hats off to them for saving soccer :)

Tamed.jpg

Last edited:
Back