Too much yelling?

Thanks for everyone's advice. I am looking forward to finding a new team with a coach that can provide a positive experience. We are in last place and at this point most parents are ready to call it a season. My first year of club experience has not been fun. The only positive part is that the kids are forced to play harder against great talent. Unfortunately we lose by 4 to 6 goals per game.

I would advise against having your team play State Cup. Find some way of getting your player to work on first touch (work with your player, privates, futsal or some combination). Make sure your player works on juggling at least a few times a week. While it will help in general, it will also help them to look good with a new team. After Thanksgiving, contact the coaches of teams you are interested in and ask to attend a few practices.

My child has been through a similar season-- on a team that is playing a little above their tier due to a handful of weaker players. I think at one point they lost 20 games in a row. Some by ridiculous margins.

One thing I noticed is that parents care more about winning/losing than kids.

But one key difference is that my own kid's coach hasn't gone negative. He's remained positive. My daughter still wants to go to practice and games. She has fun. She likes her teammates. I still respect and like the coach.

Recently, they've won a few games. What a bonus!

So, I would focus on how you feel about the coach. Sounds like they aren't really the right coach for you/your kid. I agree that I would look to leave after the fall season.

Yes,it is really important to tell our children that coach's yelling is not personal ,it is some kind of motivation,you don't want your children feel like thay are hated and play depressingly.

Everyone in this thread belongs in AYSO. Stay away from club. Seriously. Keep in mind, I don't even think clubs/leagues/tournaments should offer a Flight 2 (see also Dallas Cup), and these coaches/clubs forming F2 teams and putting them in F1 (see Beach FC) should face some sort of sanctions. Too bad it's all about money. We might actually get somewhere if we removed everyone looking for a "positive experience" aka "a good babysitter".

(Drops the microphone)wicked1

Cinch up those baggy jeans, take your mic, you've been booed off stage. The only thing weaker than your post is you checking your phone every five minutes to see if anyone liked it.

Everyone in this thread belongs in AYSO. Stay away from club. Seriously. Keep in mind, I don't even think clubs/leagues/tournaments should offer a Flight 2 (see also Dallas Cup), and these coaches/clubs forming F2 teams and putting them in F1 (see Beach FC) should face some sort of sanctions. Too bad it's all about money. We might actually get somewhere if we removed everyone looking for a "positive experience" aka "a good babysitter".

Representing the Cobra Kai FC.

Sweep the leg.

I have never been involved in AYSO. But to pretend that somehow, "club" is better or superior is just asinine.

Club soccer is not all about developing pro level players. From parents perspective, there're many other benefits for their kids to be involved in competitive sports. Few of us even want our kids to be pro soccer players. Most of us want our kids, through the game of soccer, to learn how to compete, how to work as a team, to be active and healthy, or simply to stay busy. Maybe "a positive experience" is not for your kids. It sure is for most of our kids.

Assuming you have other options for joining nearby clubs, don't even waste your time talking to this coach and get with another team. Find a thread entitled “Switching clubs next year questions…” on Page 5 of SoCalScene, there you’ll find information on how to go about finding a different team. Once league play is over you can reach out to other teams and practice with them to see if it is a good fit. Keeping this all to yourself until you are set up with a new team.

Back