"The Worst of Youth Soccer"

Syracuse lost to Carlsbad 6-0 in the first match of group play and needed Carlsbad to beat Ambassadors by 5-0 in order to move on. Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a link to the standings.
http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.or...-Championships/Schedule/U18-Girls/Division+1/
My advice to Syracuse would be to, 1. Win more games so that you don't rely on the outcome of another game to move on. 2. Have your coach stay on his own sideline instead of screaming at the players and coaches of a game his team was not playing in.

The weather in Frisco is brutally hot. There were many players that have gone down with heat exhaustion. I would have also told the players to take it easy in a game that didn't matter rather than risk injury. Carlsbad could have lost and still moved on as second seed. That is the way tournaments work. If your team needs another team to lose by 5 points in order for your team to move on, don't get your hopes to high.

I was mistaken earlier. I was told it was a Syracuse coach that disrupted the sideline, but apparently it was a parent. My apologies. I also had not watched the game earlier. I will agree it was a bit embarrassing for all involved. The sad part is that the U16 girls were harassed in the hotel afterwards concerning the U18 game. Glad I didn't hear some adult talking to our girls that way. The U16 also had no need to win or tie to the third game to move on as first seed, but they played their 3rd game and lost 1-0 to Cup Gold (the coach did work to rest the line up however).

Kudos to the Legend keeper and mom that came to watch our semi today! That is true class. I was hoping all the SoCal teams would make it to the semi, but it unfortunately it didn't happen.

Kudos to the Legend keeper and mom that came to watch our semi today! That is true class. I was hoping all the SoCal teams would make it to the semi, but it unfortunately it didn't happen.

Thanks for the reminder Outside!;)

Best of luck to the young ladies of Carlsbad Elite v. La Roca tomorrow. We'll be watching and cheering you guys on.

How is it 5 years after I was filming video is soooo much worse.

Let me answer myself - because everyone is filming with cell phones now.

Get a camera already!

I heard it was confirmed that LA Galaxy and Ambassadors FC coach spoke before game and had an understanding, which was obvious given the game film. And LA Galaxy attorneys sent a threatneing letter to the video company to delete the evidence, which is why its not up anymore

I heard it was confirmed that LA Galaxy and Ambassadors FC coach spoke before game and had an understanding, which was obvious given the game film. And LA Galaxy attorneys sent a threatneing letter to the video company to delete the evidence, which is why its not up anymore
I understand it is both a fix and collusion (or so it seems).
I guess I do not understand why that matters.

For the record, Duggan has in other occasions approached coaches to "agree" on a match result, to help them get thru or keep their entitlement. IMO, Duggan should be banned from youth soccer. This is a first hand fact.

Back