The Inevitable New The Inevitable Trump Mocking Thread

STARBUCKS GETS IT, FINALLY.
My daughter was sooo excited to see these this AM.

Do Starbucks' 2018 holiday cup designs embrace Christmas? The controversy continues

Updated Nov 1, 8:18 PM; Posted Nov 1, 7:51 PM
starbucks-2668c7fef26d4c6f.jpg

Starbucks's latest batch of seasonally themed cups will debut Friday. (Photo via Starbucks) (Starbucks)

49 shares
By The Washington Post

Stars, stripes, flames and coffee cherries, all adorned in cheerful shades of red and green.

These are the four designs included in Starbucks's latest batch of seasonally themed cups, which will debut Friday as the company kicks off the holiday season. This year, the coffee-making titan said it wanted to "look to the past" and draw inspiration from its signature Christmas blend.

Straightforward enough, right? Well - for some reason - it isn't.

The cups seem harmless at first, granting consumers a festive way to enjoy their favorite sugary - and sometimes over-the-top - beverages. But in recent years, watching some of Starbucks's seasonal design choices trigger controversy has become a holiday tradition in itself.

In 2015, for example, the company introduced a plain red holiday cup, ending a string of designs that featured more explicit holiday symbols, such as ornaments and reindeer, dating to 1997. Upon introducing the minimalist cup, Starbucks Vice President Jeffrey Fields said it was a way to "usher in the holidays with a purity of design that welcomes all of our stories."

The biggest story emerged soon afterward, however, when self-described evangelist Joshua Feuerstein posted a now-infamous rant on Facebook, slamming the coffee chain's design choice. He exclaimed in the video, "Do you realize that Starbucks wanted to take Christ and Christmas off of their brand-new cups? That's why they're just plain red!"

Feuerstein wasn't alone in his ire. That same year, at a campaign rally, then-candidate Donald Trump also criticized the cups, suggesting that there was "No more 'Merry Christmas' at Starbucks. No more."

"Maybe we should boycott Starbucks," Trump added.

In 2017, Starbucks went a different route - crafting a white design with doodles that encouraged customers to decorate and color the cup to their liking. But the doodles included two interlocked hands that some interpreted as belonging to a same-sex couple. This upset some, who believed the cup's design unnecessarily promoted a "gay agenda."

Back then, Starbucks told the New York Times that it would leave it up to customers to interpret what was on the cup.

This year, the question from 2015 returns: Is Starbucks truly embracing Christmas?

A CNN article published Thursday morning suggests as much. In the article, titled "Starbucks is doubling down on Christmas with its new holiday cups," Chief Operating Officer Roz Brewer said the company had "listened to customers" and realized they "loved the tradition of Christmas."

Starbucks unveils new holiday cups
Brewer said Starbucks realized that last year's cup design "didn't resonate with some, but it did resonate with others." She also told CNN that this year's cups are "not only retro, but true to who we are."

Beth Egan, an associate professor of advertising at Syracuse University, told The Washington Post that she doesn't think the latest batch of cups reflect Christmas or any one holiday in particular.

"They have a nice array of images that sort of play to Christmas from the red and green standpoint," Egan said. "But if you look at the star, it could just as easily be a Star of David."

Egan said she thinks some groups, such as conservative Christians, may be actively looking to pick fights with Starbucks's designs because of the stances the company has taken on certain issues, such as same-sex marriage.

"I find the ire interesting. I think some people are looking to be angry," Egan said.

On the controversy surrounding the hands on last year's cup, she added: "If you look at the overall design of that cup, they're cartoon hands. . . . How do you make a cartoon hand male or female?"

In a statement to The Post, Starbucks spokeswoman Sanja Gould said that, above all, the company aspires to create a "real sense of community and connection between our baristas and customers."

"As a brand that is intensely personal, we are humbled by how passionate customers are about our holiday cups," Gould said.

And for those who liked the plain red cup from 2015, don't fret: Starbucks is giving out limited-edition reusable red cups to customers Friday while supplies last

Oh Oprah,
“I’m here today because of the men and because of the women who were lynched, who were humiliated, who were discriminated against, who were suppressed, who were repressed and oppressed, for the right, for the equality at the polls, and I want you to know that their blood is seeped into my DNA, and I refuse to let their sacrifices be in vain.”

So I want you to vote for the party of FDR, the KKK and Jim Crow.

Like I said, one dumb bitch.

'Colossal collapse' in gas prices expected heading into midterm elections
Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY Published 9:18 a.m. ET Nov. 2, 2018

If you’re thinking about relocating...and traffic is a major concern, you may want to check out Waze’s annual Driver Satisfaction Index. Buzz 60's Chandra Lanier has the story. Buzz60

TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
Gas prices are expected to plunge sharply in the final days leading up to the midterm elections, potentially nearing $2 per gallon at some stations in low-tax states.

The sudden respite at the pump comes from sharply lower oil prices and declining wholesale gasoline prices.

Oil Price Information Service analyst Tom Kloza said it could amount to a "colossal collapse" in prices for consumers: from a $2.78 national average on Friday to as low as $2.50 by Tuesday.

"There’s the possibility you could see some prices flirt with $2 a gallon in the next 10 days or so in some of the low-tax areas," Kloza said. "For now it's going to be a great break."

The break comes after gas approached four-year highs in October, topping a national average of $2.90 per gallon at one point.

Prices have already fallen by 6 cents per gallon over the last week, according to AAA. But they remain 27 cents higher than a year ago.

So, what has changed over there?
I will give you 1 hint, the most popular name is;
jyllands-posten_78441_26.ashx

‘Wild West’ Britain: Police Reveal 69,000 Children Wounded a Year in Violent Crime Wave
EmailGoogle+Twitter

GettyImages-956033844-640x480.png

Leon Neal/Getty
2 Nov 2018174

2:33
Children as young as nine are carrying knives and 69,000 a year are wounded by blades as areas turn into a “Wild West” thanks to the UK’s violent crime wave, a senior police officer has said.
Assistant chief constable Jacqueline Sebire of Bedfordshire police said that after more than 20 years in the force, the past few years has felt “completely different,” adding:

“Wild West? It can be… it’s happening in broad daylight, they’re in public spaces.”

She was speaking to a joint summit of the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners and the National Police Chiefs’ Council summit in London, where other top cops expressed concern about rising violent crime and slammed the focus on hate crimes and offensive comments.

THe senior officer explained that in the year to June there were 69,000 child woundings — defined as a stabbing or other violent incident resulting in a severe injury to a child aged between ten and 15 years old — an increase of 4,000 on the year before.

According to The Times, she said: “This feels completely different. I’ve worked in some really challenging London boroughs.

She continued: “This level of violence, this constant torrent of every single day another stabbing, another violent incident that we can’t seem to get ahead of.”

Adding: “There are children as young as 12 involved in stabbings. We have nine and 10-year-olds carrying knives.”

Sebire also explained how violent clashes were happening in public spaces in broad daylight, showing footage of youths shooting each other in a car park.

The “disregard to some of the consequences or that they might get found out, that’s what feels different to me”, she said. “We’ve always had violence, we’ve always had people shoot and stab each other.

“But the level of increase and just how sustained it is… it’s just constant. I worry that if we can’t get this right with [agency] partners, and as a society and a community, I do worry that this will continue.”

According to statistics released last month, one in five adults in England and Wales experienced crime last year whilst knife crime in London has hit its highest ever level.

For the year ending June 2018, homicide has risen by 14 percent, violent crime involving blades or knives by 12 percent, sexual offences by 18 percent, and robbery by 22 percent

So, what has changed over there?
I will give you 1 hint, the most popular name is;
jyllands-posten_78441_26.ashx

‘Wild West’ Britain: Police Reveal 69,000 Children Wounded a Year in Violent Crime Wave
EmailGoogle+Twitter

GettyImages-956033844-640x480.png

Leon Neal/Getty
2 Nov 2018174

2:33
Children as young as nine are carrying knives and 69,000 a year are wounded by blades as areas turn into a “Wild West” thanks to the UK’s violent crime wave, a senior police officer has said.
Assistant chief constable Jacqueline Sebire of Bedfordshire police said that after more than 20 years in the force, the past few years has felt “completely different,” adding:

“Wild West? It can be… it’s happening in broad daylight, they’re in public spaces.”

She was speaking to a joint summit of the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners and the National Police Chiefs’ Council summit in London, where other top cops expressed concern about rising violent crime and slammed the focus on hate crimes and offensive comments.

THe senior officer explained that in the year to June there were 69,000 child woundings — defined as a stabbing or other violent incident resulting in a severe injury to a child aged between ten and 15 years old — an increase of 4,000 on the year before.

According to The Times, she said: “This feels completely different. I’ve worked in some really challenging London boroughs.

She continued: “This level of violence, this constant torrent of every single day another stabbing, another violent incident that we can’t seem to get ahead of.”

Adding: “There are children as young as 12 involved in stabbings. We have nine and 10-year-olds carrying knives.”

Sebire also explained how violent clashes were happening in public spaces in broad daylight, showing footage of youths shooting each other in a car park.

The “disregard to some of the consequences or that they might get found out, that’s what feels different to me”, she said. “We’ve always had violence, we’ve always had people shoot and stab each other.

“But the level of increase and just how sustained it is… it’s just constant. I worry that if we can’t get this right with [agency] partners, and as a society and a community, I do worry that this will continue.”

According to statistics released last month, one in five adults in England and Wales experienced crime last year whilst knife crime in London has hit its highest ever level.

For the year ending June 2018, homicide has risen by 14 percent, violent crime involving blades or knives by 12 percent, sexual offences by 18 percent, and robbery by 22 percent
The cartoon reminds me of an old poster I loved to read.
SALT.

"I commented that we had a really wonderful government. It was uniquely designed in such a fashion that absolute idiots could not wreck it in four years."

Richard Brown, former San Diego County Supervisor, in his article in the book Geologic Hazards in San Diego, published in 1977 by the San Diego Society of Natural History.

When you try to save face talking Politics.....Filthy Filner will always POP UP.

New York Times: 'Best Time' for American Employees in Maybe 50 Years

ford-motor-co-american-jobs-ap.jpg

AP Photo/Charlie Riedel
NEIL MUNRO 3 Nov 2018

The New York Times said on November 2 that President Donald Trump’s high-pressure economy “is the best time for the American labor market in at least 18 years and maybe closer to 50.”

In 1968, per capita wages and salaries grew by 6.65 percent, after inflation is included, and then it grew by another 5.4 percent in 1969, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

Another proud trump fan shows his true self.

d2fc8cf43f7944b7a0b0ea8b95d51018.jpg

The man who shot and killed two people in a Tallahassee yoga studio appears to have made a series of racist and misogynistic videos four years ago.

Police say that on Friday night Scott Paul Beierle posed as a customer at the yoga studio and then suddenly started shooting people. He killed two women and injured five others. Beierle then fatally shot himself.

In a series of videos that were posted to YouTube in 2014, Beierle criticized how black people dress and speak and called women who date black men "whores." In another video he also complained about an "invasion" from Central America, while in another he ranted about the women who he said had caused him to become a misogynist.

Hanoi Jane parallels Trump and Hitler and rise of the Third Reich

KAREN TOWNSEND Posted at 5:31 pm on November 03, 2018

It’s election time so the name calling is in peak use. One particular insult can always be counted on against a Republican and it’s in no short supply now. Republican presidents are usually referred to as Hitler and this year is no different. Never mind that it’s a mid-term election and not a presidential election year.

Actress Jane Fonda, a.k.a. Hanoi Jane is the latest celeb to make headlines by paralleling the rise of Adolf Hitler and President Trump. She was in a very supportive environment – she was being honored along with some other liberal women in New York City at the Women’s Media Awards.

“If you’ve read anything about the rise of the Third Reich and Adolf Hitler, you will see the parallels,” Fonda said. “Attacking the media is the first step in the move towards fascism. The cornerstone to democracy is an independent, democratic media.”

The Grace and Frankie star added that “civility” is also under attack. “And we don’t have to take it anymore. Voting is the way to stop it. Everybody has to vote.”

That’s right. The woman who just compared President Trump to Hitler says civility is under attack. You can’t make this stuff up. Nothing says civility like inserting Hitler into a conversation about a person of a different political philosophy, right? Ugh. Irony is dead in 2018.

Remember when the left labeled President George W. Bush as Bushitler? The Hitler tag doesn’t just happen in America, it happens worldwide now. It’s usually a lazy way to make a distinction between right and wrong. Hey, you know what was wrong? It was very wrong – I’m one who believes it was treasonous – when Jane Fonda traipsed off to North Vietnam and showed compassion and comfort to our communist enemy during the Vietnam war. She was photographed straddling an antiaircraft gun, used to shoot down American planes and I will never shake that image from my memory. As far as I’m concerned, she should never have been allowed back into America.

Another proud trump fan shows his true self.

d2fc8cf43f7944b7a0b0ea8b95d51018.jpg

The man who shot and killed two people in a Tallahassee yoga studio appears to have made a series of racist and misogynistic videos four years ago.

Police say that on Friday night Scott Paul Beierle posed as a customer at the yoga studio and then suddenly started shooting people. He killed two women and injured five others. Beierle then fatally shot himself.

In a series of videos that were posted to YouTube in 2014, Beierle criticized how black people dress and speak and called women who date black men "whores." In another video he also complained about an "invasion" from Central America, while in another he ranted about the women who he said had caused him to become a misogynist.

Can you explain to the Forum why his lips are pursed.......

Hanoi Jane parallels Trump and Hitler and rise of the Third Reich

KAREN TOWNSEND Posted at 5:31 pm on November 03, 2018

It’s election time so the name calling is in peak use. One particular insult can always be counted on against a Republican and it’s in no short supply now. Republican presidents are usually referred to as Hitler and this year is no different. Never mind that it’s a mid-term election and not a presidential election year.

Actress Jane Fonda, a.k.a. Hanoi Jane is the latest celeb to make headlines by paralleling the rise of Adolf Hitler and President Trump. She was in a very supportive environment – she was being honored along with some other liberal women in New York City at the Women’s Media Awards.

“If you’ve read anything about the rise of the Third Reich and Adolf Hitler, you will see the parallels,” Fonda said. “Attacking the media is the first step in the move towards fascism. The cornerstone to democracy is an independent, democratic media.”

The Grace and Frankie star added that “civility” is also under attack. “And we don’t have to take it anymore. Voting is the way to stop it. Everybody has to vote.”

That’s right. The woman who just compared President Trump to Hitler says civility is under attack. You can’t make this stuff up. Nothing says civility like inserting Hitler into a conversation about a person of a different political philosophy, right? Ugh. Irony is dead in 2018.

Remember when the left labeled President George W. Bush as Bushitler? The Hitler tag doesn’t just happen in America, it happens worldwide now. It’s usually a lazy way to make a distinction between right and wrong. Hey, you know what was wrong? It was very wrong – I’m one who believes it was treasonous – when Jane Fonda traipsed off to North Vietnam and showed compassion and comfort to our communist enemy during the Vietnam war. She was photographed straddling an antiaircraft gun, used to shoot down American planes and I will never shake that image from my memory. As far as I’m concerned, she should never have been allowed back into America.
The Democrats can't resist a losing format.

CNN Interview Appears To Choose ‘Random’ Rally Goer — Turns Out To Be Andrew Gillum’s Mom
November 3rd, 2018
Screen-Shot-2018-11-03-at-3.39.42-PM.jpg

CNN Interviews Andrew Gillum's Mom (CNN Screenshot: November 3, 2018)

CNN reporter Randi Kaye was conducting interviews at a rally for Florida Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum on Friday when she “randomly” interviewed Gillum’s mother.

Back