Surf Thanksgiving

Only a few days until this tourney. Here is my opinion on those teams that will advance to the quarters:

A) Arsenal & CO Storm
B) Placer & LAGSD
C) CCV & Surf
D) Strikers & Eagles

Slammers, WC, Beach, Real SoCal, Eagles, Legends
Beach SB is playing at surf, Beach LB isn't playing this eeekend. Real SoCal's top team isn't playing this weekend (White is their "sister team"). Top to bottom Surf T-day still has the better teams at this age group.

Who will win? I believe the teams to beat will be Surf, Arsenal and LAG SD. But don't sleep on the out of state teams!!!!

We played at 7:30(started on time) and our game was called with 3 minutes left to go. 1 goal down so we weren't happy, but after hearing games shortened by 15 minutes, damn. I appreciate a tournament that runs on time, but I would rather skip the halftime break or cut it down to 1 minute and get to play.

From their rules:
* Preliminary and Quarter Final Games. All Preliminary Games will be called not less than five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled start of the next game regardless of the amount of time played in each half up to that point. A game is "complete" upon completion of one half of play regardless of the circumstances of termination during the second half with final results based on the score at the time the game is called. Preliminary games can end in a tie. Quarter Final games ending in a tie will go directly to FIFA Kicks From the Mark to determine who advances.

Not that I'm trying to persuade Surf teams to play at Silver Lakes next year but 04's have 35 min halves and 5 Zamboni movers came at half time and mowed our field and finished within the 5 min half break. Grass smooth as ice after. Kind of weird but took all those nasty grass lumps out. I think the tourney folks are trying to set a new standard. Was a very nice atmosphere. Surf Tourney better step up their game and play time or more teams are going to move.

Back