Surf Cup

I'm pretty sure some adults didn't handle that loss as well as they could have.
Actually I don't believe any of the parents had a problem handling the loss. Surf and Slammers are two of the top teams in the country and they have had very close games in the past. While Surf has had a great run, none of the parents were surprised by the result, nor do I believe that any of the players were disappointed. As I said previously, the game was well played, and I believe that our 11 & 12 year-old girls are mature enough to appreciate this. (And I believe that our parents overall are soccer-sophisticated enough to appreciate this as well.) The mention of an own goal is not a disrespectful excuse for the loss to Slammers--rather, it was information provided to readers of this forum who were not at the game and who were genuinely curious about how the game went down. FYI, the Slammers could have easily scored more goals--they had one wicked free kick that hit the bottom of the cross bar, bounced straight down and back up again before the keeper jumped up a grabbed the ball a moment before the Slammers' striker got her head on the ball.

After the game both our coach and the Slammers coach were very gracious and complementary in their remarks to the teams and it was probably one of the best feel-good post-game losses I've experienced as a parent since my daughter began playing soccer. I have a lot of respect for the Slammers parents and coach. I spent the ride home discussing with my daughter how well she and everyone else on the team played that game and over the whole tournament, and how we're looking forward to the great play to continue at our next tournament--Blues Cup.

By the way, I'm not sure if your grievance is with CB's 2007 team specifically, with the Surf club as a whole, or just people in general, but while it's commendable that you took the initiative to create a new anonymous profile on this forum just to troll this thread, your comments do not contribute in a productive way to this discussion.

Well we knew it wasn’t going to be against LAGSB, they forgot to put them in the best of the best bracket!:):):):D:D:D

Come on that’s funny

#1 Yes I agree LAGSB could of very well defeated Surf if placed in the proper bracket. CRL was very tight when these two teams played. I also think SDSC should of been placed higher as we defeated Albion and have had some really close encounters with other top teams including Surf. Very unfortunate that GalaxySB payed all that money to play an atrocious final vs a not so good Force team. We would of liked a chance to play GalaxySB and would of fared better than the 9-0 wallop Force received.

#2 We hope that one day our DD has an opportunity to play on the top Surf team but I know she has her work cut out with all the talent Surf accumulates on a yearly basis. Great team with talented players.

#3 Long time lurker here from the old forum. Over the last months I have notice that Boltman always chimes on Surf team talk. One day your DD too can be talented enough to play at Surf. A little birdie has told me your DD actually played at Surf and didn’t quite have the qualities to be a surf player. #20.....is that what the real problem is? Instead now you are miserable at Force that you have to put down the Surf team? I know you are hopeful #20 could be on the Surf team and be part of all the success. Facts are facts and I know who you are MR. Feel uncomfortable yet? I will wait for your hardcore denial! Spilled beans! And that the m***fcking tea!

#1 Yes I agree LAGSB could of very well defeated Surf if placed in the proper bracket. CRL was very tight when these two teams played. I also think SDSC should of been placed higher as we defeated Albion and have had some really close encounters with other top teams including Surf. Very unfortunate that GalaxySB payed all that money to play an atrocious final vs a not so good Force team. We would of liked a chance to play GalaxySB and would of fared better than the 9-0 wallop Force received.

#2 We hope that one day our DD has an opportunity to play on the top Surf team but I know she has her work cut out with all the talent Surf accumulates on a yearly basis. Great team with talented players.

#3 Long time lurker here from the old forum. Over the last months I have notice that Boltman always chimes on Surf team talk. One day your DD too can be talented enough to play at Surf. A little birdie has told me your DD actually played at Surf and didn’t quite have the qualities to be a surf player. #20.....is that what the real problem is? Instead now you are miserable at Force that you have to put down the Surf team? I know you are hopeful #20 could be on the Surf team and be part of all the success. Facts are facts and I know who you are MR. Feel uncomfortable yet? I will wait for your hardcore denial! Spilled beans! And that the m***fcking tea!
Feel Better now that you got that off your chest? Hahahahaha. I don’t know 1 person on SDSC but obviously you know me????? At least you think you do I’m not sure what your post was all about but not worth my time or energy. Hope you have an enjoyable season, all the best.

Oh and I agree your team was placed incorrectly as well, congrats on winning. If you wouldn’t mind however pointing out where I put down the surf team I’d appreciate it. Thanks again for your first post a little odd and creepy but entertaining.

#1 Yes I agree LAGSB could of very well defeated Surf if placed in the proper bracket. CRL was very tight...., Facts are facts and I know who you are MR. Feel uncomfortable yet? I will wait for your hardcore denial! Spilled beans! And that the m***fcking tea!

Woah. Why is it necessary call out a girl by # and say she wasn’t good enough for a certain team? Jab all you want at the poster (who seemed generally civil), but don’t shade a kid for not being in a roster that 99% of girls wouldn’t make either.

OK, I said I was not going to play but I can't help it. Now let me do my list:

#1 You decided yesterday to create a false profile claiming to be an SDSC parent throwing out some SDSC facts in section #1. You then take the time as an adult to rip into an 11-12 year old soccer team. You got the score wrong it was 8-0, LAGSB is a great team and the showed domination against many teams this weekend. This is trying to throw us off your trail.....sneaky!

#2 You take the time to plug Surf (your actual team) claiming how you wish your daughter one day can play for them but she has to work hard to get there. Go Surf! This is awesome, good marketing.

#3 Finally, my favorite part. You decide to take a swipe at someone you don't know and child that you don't know. You claim that you are a "Long Time Lurker" and have noticed I chime on Surf team talk........ooooorrrr maybe an open forum about 2007 girls soccer, I did not know this was reserved for Surf Parents only. Anyway, you then say an anonymous source knows who I am and claim #20 does not have the qualities to play at Surf. Have you seen #20 play? It may be impossible as we have not played you in 3 years if you are indeed on SDSC. So a birdie and you, during the day on a Wednesday, spoke privately about #20. You actually discussed a player not on your supposed team or Surf? Am I the only one that thinks this is creepy?? You then claim I am putting down the Surf team because I am miserable at Force....Facts are Facts right? First, I am far from miserable at Force, second find a post that I put down Surf .....I see a lot of them in this chain but nothing negative from me that warrants an SDSC parent having to come to the rescue and again Rip an 11 year old child and team! In fact I actually praised Surf on several occasions. You reiterate You know who I am MR.............Yikes. Fact is I am pretty sure I know who you are and for some reason you don't like me. I am fine with that but I would prefer you to say that using your real profile name and not one you made up yesterday and keep #20 and the rest of the team out of you petty BS....... I will gladly "Spill the Beans" once you do.

The floor is yours...........time for your second post or will it be from who you really are???

tenor.gif

Actually I don't believe any of the parents had a problem handling the loss. Surf and Slammers are two of the top teams in the country and they have had very close games in the past. While Surf has had a great run, none of the parents were surprised by the result, nor do I believe that any of the players were disappointed. As I said previously, the game was well played, and I believe that our 11 & 12 year-old girls are mature enough to appreciate this. (And I believe that our parents overall are soccer-sophisticated enough to appreciate this as well.) The mention of an own goal is not a disrespectful excuse for the loss to Slammers--rather, it was information provided to readers of this forum who were not at the game and who were genuinely curious about how the game went down. FYI, the Slammers could have easily scored more goals--they had one wicked free kick that hit the bottom of the cross bar, bounced straight down and back up again before the keeper jumped up a grabbed the ball a moment before the Slammers' striker got her head on the ball.

After the game both our coach and the Slammers coach were very gracious and complementary in their remarks to the teams and it was probably one of the best feel-good post-game losses I've experienced as a parent since my daughter began playing soccer. I have a lot of respect for the Slammers parents and coach. I spent the ride home discussing with my daughter how well she and everyone else on the team played that game and over the whole tournament, and how we're looking forward to the great play to continue at our next tournament--Blues Cup.

By the way, I'm not sure if your grievance is with CB's 2007 team specifically, with the Surf club as a whole, or just people in general, but while it's commendable that you took the initiative to create a new anonymous profile on this forum just to troll this thread, your comments do not contribute in a productive way to this discussion.

That is a hell of a word count for a simple loss. I understand the back rubs of your fellow team parents... but their public posts speak for themselves. As did your need to publicly post "the team hadn't lost a game since November"...not to mention adding the "own goal asterisk" to the loss. I'm sure we all agree not losing since November is impressive...but, reflexively posting it publicly in response to a loss is not. On the bright side, in 10 months or so if Surf happens to suffer another loss it'll still be just as impressive to have not lost since "August"...you'll be fine.

For all the obvious hurt butts and feelings …it’s simply just a loss. No need for all the rationalizations, excuses and reminders…we already know how talented, hardworking and dedicated the Surf players are. In fact, I’m sure every player was over the loss 5 minutes after the whistle…too bad some parents were unable to do the same.

Although it’s been interesting, this thread has run its course…time to move on. Good luck to all and be WINNERS!

Back