Surf Cup

Well now LAGSB needs to go out and prove they were placed wrong. It's not an exact science and yes they got hosed a bit but in the words of a horrible GM.......It is what it is. And in regards to trying to make it easy for Surf, lighting is right, they don't make the schedule and I highly doubt that talented team cares who is in their bracket. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best no matter what bracket you are in and right now they are the best 07 team out there.

Good luck to everyone this weekend, looking forward to watching the teams get at it and some great soccer!!

I'm not weighing in on this debate as my kids spent many happy years at Surf when we lived in SD, but Surf soccer club very definitely does have influence over the schedule of Surf Cup Sports' Surf Cup. Just an FYI.

I'm not weighing in on this debate as my kids spent many happy years at Surf when we lived in SD, but Surf soccer club very definitely does have influence over the schedule of Surf Cup Sports' Surf Cup. Just an FYI.
That may have been the case before but I can tell you for fact that for Man City & now Surf Cup there wasn't any interaction b/w scheduling and the 07 coach/management. I can't speak for any other age group and nor does it concern me. To my point though, look at the '06 brackets and where the Surf DA team was placed. It's equally as mesmerizing (but that's for a diff age forum).

Of course they do just as every other club has influence over their own tournaments. We don’t play at Surf so I have zero skin in the game. All I’m saying is that Surf no matter what the schedule seems to be winning so maybe the schedule or seeding just isn’t that important. Anyone who is in the top bracket has an opportunity to beat them, go beat them.

LAGSB trounces SD Force today 8-0, when Surf struggled to get by them 8 months ago 3-2...a "Best of the Best" bracket it was not.

LAGSB trounces SD Force today 8-0, when Surf struggled to get by them 8 months ago 3-2...a "Best of the Best" bracket it was not.
Force beat LA Galaxy in National Cup so I’m failing to understand your point. I do agree as everyone on this forum agrees LA Galaxy was placed in the wrong bracket. I look forward to seeing them play soon, will be a fun game to watch!

That comparison is irrelevant! 8 moths ago is a LONG time ago.

However I believe we all agree LAGSB’s placement was shameful. They did what they needed to do, I just feel for the teams that were in their path and hope they know this wasn’t a “sandbagger” situation.

With stats and comments like that you should do the bracketing for Surf! Totally out of context and missing the real picture. Especially when LAGSB lost to SD Force 5 month ago. I guess at least surf beat them huh?!

Force beat LA Galaxy in National Cup so I’m failing to understand your point. I do agree as everyone on this forum agrees LA Galaxy was placed in the wrong bracket. I look forward to seeing them play soon, will be a fun game to watch!
A "Best of the Best" bracket it was not...not a difficult point to understand.

With stats and comments like that you should do the bracketing for Surf! Totally out of context and missing the real picture. Especially when LAGSB lost to SD Force 5 month ago. I guess at least surf beat them huh?!
Give us the "real picture"

Give us the "real picture"
The real picture is that you are correct, LA Galaxy was totally placed in the wrong bracket and they went out and smashed everyone. However, you pointed out that Force gave Surf a scare months ago and Galaxy skunked them yesterday as a basis to your argument???? Doesn't Force beating LAGSB in national cup totally discredit that argument?? LAGSB is a great team, they should have had the opportunity to compete in the "Best of the Best" bracket and the opportunity to play Surf. I have a feeling that will happen sooner rather than later and at that point we can see who is the top team..........at least for 1 game.

This surf cup looked like a great group of 16 teams (not including galaxy in there was a mistake), that put on some close/competitive matches. And a bunch of teams from around the country that keep getting better and was great to see them get a chance to play the top socal teams.

Congrats to the Surf ladies!
They have been on a dominant run the past ~12 months.
Pretty much silenced the forum,... not much fun to play the "predict who will win" game when they are in the mix.
The only thing left to debate is "who matches up best and has the best chance". 11 v 11 has definitely changed the look of the game, but teams seem to be adapting well. Blues had a couple wins against Surf last year and still look strong, Galaxy (dominated Legends tourney including a strong Heat team, and obliterated flight 2 of surf cup, just havent played surf enough recently) and Slammers (picked up the MGFM players?) seem to be right there but missed surf cup. Heat has a great team that seems to match up well with a heck of a player. Solar maybe, they probably have the other best midfielder i have seen at this age whom might match up well.

Looking forward to watching the next 12 months.

This surf cup looked like a great group of 16 teams (not including galaxy in there was a mistake), that put on some close/competitive matches. And a bunch of teams from around the country that keep getting better and was great to see them get a chance to play the top socal teams.

Congrats to the Surf ladies!
They have been on a dominant run the past ~12 months.
Pretty much silenced the forum,... not much fun to play the "predict who will win" game when they are in the mix.
The only thing left to debate is "who matches up best and has the best chance". 11 v 11 has definitely changed the look of the game, but teams seem to be adapting well. Blues had a couple wins against Surf last year and still look strong, Galaxy (dominated Legends tourney including a strong Heat team, and obliterated flight 2 of surf cup, just havent played surf enough recently) and Slammers (picked up the MGFM players?) seem to be right there but missed surf cup. Heat has a great team that seems to match up well with a heck of a player. Solar maybe, they probably have the other best midfielder i have seen at this age whom might match up well.

Looking forward to watching the next 12 months.

PDA Heat (now their “Blue” ECNL team I believe) is probably the best non- CA/TX team in the country. YSR #11. They lost to Solar 0-1 in the final of the 11 v. 11 division of Jefferson Cup in March. My DD’s team has played them over the last couple years at the PDA tournament (1-3, 2-2) and we’ll see them again at the FC Stars Memorial Day tournament over Labor Day. They’d be in your conversation for sure.

On any given Sunday any Soccer team can win. This Surf team has been on a dominate run winning everything this last 12 months. The score shows it was a close game. Was there anybody there that watched the game? Was it a game of two great defenses? Did this one end in penalty kicks?

Own goal from Surf. I didn’t get much other feedback since we are traveling. Surf missing a couple starters but that’s no excuse.

Back