Surf Cup Schedules 06

I never said it was a So Cal Blues dad. In addition, I said I did not know which team. It happened before a So Cal blues game.

The police came. It happened for sure, but I absolutely do not know which team the father was on.
Point being, it did NOT happen before a So Cal Blues game because it never happened. Just because the police came doesnt mean it happened. Evet hear of innocent until proven guilty? Again a reckless claim on your part.

More details pls as it sounds like you have more inside information...bc the woman had an ice pack on her face afterwards.
The last thing I'll say about it is what you said happened didnt happen. No arrests were made. The woman was not touched.

It was a geeat weekend of soccer, congrats to the Sting. Looking forward to a very competitice season.

Ummmm, I didnt see it happen Letsbreal but I did walk right past it immediately after it happened. I heard multiple people who saw 'something' say, 'Can you believe that man just hit that woman!' I then stood there and watched that man, when questioned, state before being asked any questions, 'I was defending myself!'

I dont know the details but what I wrote above is 'fact.' Sadly, whatever the situation, it was deplorable and sad to see it at a youth soccer game.

Ummmm, I didnt see it happen Letsbreal but I did walk right past it immediately after it happened. I heard multiple people who saw 'something' say, 'Can you believe that man just hit that woman!' I then stood there and watched that man, when questioned, state before being asked any questions, 'I was defending myself!'

I dont know the details but what I wrote above is 'fact.' Sadly, whatever the situation, it was deplorable and sad to see it at a youth soccer game.
We heard several accounts of this incident over the course of the day from people who didn't see it happen, but had heard it second hand (everything from a husband and wife getting into a domestic dispute on the sideline, to a man punching a woman in the face and getting arrested). That old game of telephone was being played all day and the stories got better as the day went on. I saw the entire incident and gave a statement to the police. I can assure you that there were no punches thrown or arrests. The woman involved started a verbal altercation with a middle-school aged girl as the girl was trying to get a spot on the sideline for the next game (the woman was there from the prior game and had not yet cleared out). The girl's father began yelling back at the woman and she then knocked the father's hat off his head. The father responded by knocking her hat off her head, and my view was that both of them got a little piece of the other's forehead in the process. The man was then confronted by other parents once she began to claim that he had assaulted her, including one woman (who didn't see the incident) yelling very loudly about how she couldn't believe he punched a woman. In my opinion, the whole thing was unfortunate and a little silly, but there was no reason for police/ambulance to be called. When I gave my statement, the officer said it was consistent with all the other statements he had taken, including statements from the man and woman involved.

As I thanked the officer for his time and apologized for him even having to be there at all, he said that he sees much worse all the time at youth sporting events and just wishes parents would try to be better role models on the sidelines for their children. Amen.

Back to the actual games and teams. Where does this recap go wrong?
Sting, Legends, San Juan and Hawaii all had outstanding showings and were clearly the class of the tournament this year
SD Surf and Blues were solid with 3 wins each, but took losses in group play to a semi-finalist (SD outscored opponents by 14 goals in their 4 games)
Albion and LAGSB are very good, but likely didn't have the showing they wanted
The reports of the death of Anaheim have been greatly exaggerated; they might not be as good as last year, but they are still good
MVLA is good, but can't seem to score
Texans have to be disappointed to travel all that way to go winless in group play
Slammers has some of the prior Strikers/Blues talent, but are still working on putting it all together
Beach got run over in group play and I don't understand it (anybody know what happened here?)
The two CO teams and the NY team had a rough go in the top flight

Uggghhhhh!!!!! That incident is over! Both players in it MAY have done things that instigated each other. What we should all remember is that these are 11 year old girls! Yes, they are playing at some of the highest levels of play in the known soccer universe (for 11 year old girls), but lets please all remember these are 11 year old girls!!!!!

Please, lets get back to the games and play. I didnt get to watch all the games. But, I would like to know the similar and competing styles. It was interesting to see the subtlety of style vs result at this level. ANY team can win on just about any day. This Surf Cup exacerbated that point! The margin of victory is super small for so many of these teams.

It reminds me of a game I saw where Barcelona played LA Galaxy a year ago. Barcelona freaking dominated and it was almost sad to watch. But, they could not convert. At the end of the game, it was only a 1 goal win for Barca. Now, many could argue that game was played by younger players, etc... But, the point is the margin of difference by top teams, regardless of where, is pretty freaking small!

I would love to hear more about styles of play and a discussion of state styles (if such a thing exists!). Two parents knocking off each other's hats or a man being dumb and doing something in the heat of the moment, that one is over.

Uggghhhhh!!!!! That incident is over! Both players in it MAY have done things that instigated each other. What we should all remember is that these are 11 year old girls! Yes, they are playing at some of the highest levels of play in the known soccer universe (for 11 year old girls), but lets please all remember these are 11 year old girls!!!!!

Please, lets get back to the games and play. I didnt get to watch all the games. But, I would like to know the similar and competing styles. It was interesting to see the subtlety of style vs result at this level. ANY team can win on just about any day. This Surf Cup exacerbated that point! The margin of victory is super small for so many of these teams.

It reminds me of a game I saw where Barcelona played LA Galaxy a year ago. Barcelona freaking dominated and it was almost sad to watch. But, they could not convert. At the end of the game, it was only a 1 goal win for Barca. Now, many could argue that game was played by younger players, etc... But, the point is the margin of difference by top teams, regardless of where, is pretty freaking small!

I would love to hear more about styles of play and a discussion of state styles (if such a thing exists!). Two parents knocking off each other's hats or a man being dumb and doing something in the heat of the moment, that one is over.

"B" flight champions Albion Las Vegas are 100% kick and chase with little to no technique. Good luck to them next year on the big field when they can't send 6 defenders to trap the ball and then boot it to their track star forward.

Hawaii Rush plays fast, physical, AND with technique and smarts.

I think A & B flights were very strong. Perhaps given the tight goal differentials, flights A & B appear to have been somewhat stronger/more competitive than C & D. Teams that stood out to me:
1) Sting Black - winning back 2 back seems unheard of (has that ever been done) while not allowing a goal all tourney is scary. The team seems to be strong on all fronts...defense, midfield, & forwards. Style of play seems to vary between direct and possession.
2) Legends - very athletic team, perhaps the 1st or 2nd most athletic team in the tourney, with great size, strength, and balanced team with good skill. Beating San Juan was impressive. Style of play was a bit more direct with CB clearing a lot to very fast forwards. Very little build up out the back.
3) San Juan - in many regards, this team looked like the favorite as the tourney progressed. Arguably the biggest team in the tourney, this team's style of play was tactically and technically amongst the best in the tourney. Would have been interesting to see them play Sting Black.
4) Hawaii Surf - was stellar in bracket sweeping the competition. IMO, Bracket A was the toughest, yet Surf went undefeated. Physical team and aggressive team who's style of play seems more opportunistic with high pressure all over the field as the primary mode of attack.

Observations:
1) SD Surf not making it out of bracket. Excellent technical and tactical team that could use a bit more athleticism.
2) Slammers, So Cal blues, MVLA, & Anaheim Surf were very competitive in bracket.
3) Tough trip for East Coast's #1 team.
4) Colorado was mixed but is always a threat long term.
5) Dallas Texans South did not live up to ranking with no wins in bracket. Seemed to be a very good team...

Back