Surf Cup Schedules 06

they play more rugby style then Soccer , but ............

. If the officials so call" just let them play kinda of officiating" they are going to really tough to beat . Our girls are going to start weight training for next year ...LOl ....great game Sting you took it to us .....my daughter is in a tub of ice ......JK

If the officials so call '" just let them play kinda of officiating " they are going to be really tough to beat . Our girls are going to start weight training for next year !! LOL ...Great game Sting you took it to us ..my dd is in a tub of ice ....JK ...

I have said a number of times that there is an enormous amount of 'RESPONSIBILITY' put on officiating at this level. Lets not forget that this is the first age group that is playing on this small field for so long. That is two years longer than any other age group in the country!!! When we have teams that play 'BIG, FAST AND AGGRESSIVE' as their 'style' then it can be dangerous. I, for one, am so ready for the girls to get to the big field. They are too big and fast for these small fields.

Regardless, congratulations Sting! Back to back is super hard and pretty awesome!

Excuse my ignorance, and change of subject, but I'm new to surf cup. Which of the brackets are flight 1, flight 2, etc.? I find the "Best of the Best" catch phrase confusing with so many teams. Are all the teams chosen to play regardless of bracket placement "the best" of youth soccer? So in other words, all the teams would be considered flight 1 outside of surf cup but are categorized in the tournament for the sake of organization and playing time?

Excuse my ignorance, and change of subject, but I'm new to surf cup. Which of the brackets are flight 1, flight 2, etc.? I find the "Best of the Best" catch phrase confusing with so many teams. Are all the teams chosen to play regardless of bracket placement "the best" of youth soccer? So in other words, all the teams would be considered flight 1 outside of surf cup but are categorized in the tournament for the sake of organization and playing time?

Flt1 = Super Black (the best of the best, except some out of state teams are given priority over better SoCal teams)
Flt2= Super White (in age groups with four flights these teams are v good with a few top level&better than the weaker in the SB flight)
Flt3 = Black (still felt 1 teams if at any other tourney, but none top level)
Flt 4 = White (ditto the above)

The above refers to the 09-05 age groups. 04 and older, the DA money grab waters things down.

What happened with the parents?
I watch the game from the corner flag so I do not here the other side unless they are way out of control. They were really respectful at the awards ceremony so not sure on the previous post . The crowd was a little excited after the pks with Hawaii but who wouldn't be.

I watch the game from the corner flag so I do not here the other side unless they are way out of control. They were really respectful at the awards ceremony so not sure on the previous post . The crowd was a little excited after the pks with Hawaii but who wouldn't be.
What pk's? I thought they beat Hawaii 3-1.

Nope that was the pk result . I watched it
Got it, thanks. I was impressed with Hawaii this weekend, so a 0-0 game with Sting only confirms to me that they are a very good team.

As far as the Sting parents, I'm not sure what strikermomoc was referring to, but it might be a case of one loud dad and not the entire group. They have one dad who was very vocal over his displeasure with the refs during their games this weekend. Our girls were playing on the fields next to them, and the ar at two of our games actually looked at our sideline and said something about how we needed to step-up our complaining game compared to that dad. After their tie with Albion, a coach for Sting walked by that dad (he was still loudly complaining about the ref) and called him "an embarrassment". Unfortunately, I saw a lot of embarrassing parent behavior at the fields this weekend. A good reminder for me to just shut up and enjoy watching my kids play soccer.

Got it, thanks. I was impressed with Hawaii this weekend, so a 0-0 game with Sting only confirms to me that they are a very good team.

As far as the Sting parents, I'm not sure what strikermomoc was referring to, but it might be a case of one loud dad and not the entire group. They have one dad who was very vocal over his displeasure with the refs during their games this weekend. Our girls were playing on the fields next to them, and the ar at two of our games actually looked at our sideline and said something about how we needed to step-up our complaining game compared to that dad. After their tie with Albion, a coach for Sting walked by that dad (he was still loudly complaining about the ref) and called him "an embarrassment". Unfortunately, I saw a lot of embarrassing parent behavior at the fields this weekend. A good reminder for me to just shut up and enjoy watching my kids play soccer.

Let's be balanced and not only single out Sting as I heard/witness much worse behavior. For example A dad from a So Cal blues game (not sure which team), who hit a woman in the face over space on the sideline or another dad who was kicked out but refused to leave.

What team does your dd play with

What pk's? I thought they beat Hawaii 3-1.
I also watched the Hawaii vs Dallas Texans game . Hawaii scored with a couple minutes left in the game to win 2-1 . There was some really good squads out there this weekend . I thought San Juan was really good as well .

Let's be balanced and not only single out Sting as I heard/witness much worse behavior. For example A dad from a So Cal blues game (not sure which team), who hit a woman in the face over space on the sideline or another dad who was kicked out but refused to leave.
If you "witnessed" the Blues dad "hit a woman in the face", you would know that never happened. Its incredibly reckless to come on sites like this and make those types of claims, when they are 100% false.

As I wrote in my original post, I saw a lot of embarrassing parent behavior at the tournament.

With all due respect, it's a common and fair question often used in this forum.[/QUOTE

With all due respect, I am surprised that after hearing a man hit a woman period, let alone in the face, the First question that comes to mind is what what team is my dd on. Explains a lot....

If you "witnessed" the Blues dad "hit a woman in the face", you would know that never happened. Its incredibly reckless to come on sites like this and make those types of claims, when they are 100% false.
I never said it was a So Cal Blues dad. In addition, I said I did not know which team. It happened before a So Cal blues game.

The police came. It happened for sure, but I absolutely do not know which team the father was on.

Back