Surf Cup Schedules 06

Hawai'i Rush won Flight 2 Surf Cup last year vs Surf Hawai'i. This year they lost in their Presidents Day Cup (Their version of State Cup to Whitefield FC who choose not to go to Surf Cup), this is probably why they were placed in Tier 2

Surf Hawai'i automatically makes it into Surf because they are a Surf team and their Director helps out a lot of of Surf events, Surf Hawai'i did not participate in their State Cup this year. They did a lot of traveling though participating in mainland tournaments to help with their rankings.

Generally speaking, how does competitive youth soccer work in Hawai'i? Multiple competitive leagues? Multiple levels of competition in the leagues? Inter-island competition?

Slammers Classic & the first weekend of CRL where played this weekend.
Knew about CRL, but didn't know about Slammers Classic. Looks like a lot of Slammers teams entered, big surprise. Slammers FC 1 and 2 played in the Classic. Slammers 2 won in head-to-head and won the tourney? So reports were true? Nothing really interesting otherwise.

Looking forward to Surf Cup to fill this malaise, just like you said in your description Lastman. Interesting breakdown and love the analysis. Not trying to call conspiracy, but did Surf stack the tourney in their favor by putting both Texas teams, Hawaii, Holley/Rennie, Anaheim Surf (meaning both groups of death) in the half bracket on the opposite side?

But then again they do have Legends, LAGSB, and San Juan Spirit (ranked 4th?) on their side and in their same bracket, which is very tough. So I guess, no easy walk either way.

Knew about CRL, but didn't know about Slammers Classic. Looks like a lot of Slammers teams entered, big surprise. Slammers FC 1 and 2 played in the Classic. Slammers 2 won in head-to-head and won the tourney? So reports were true? Nothing really interesting otherwise.

Looking forward to Surf Cup to fill this malaise, just like you said in your description Lastman. Interesting breakdown and love the analysis. Not trying to call conspiracy, but did Surf stack the tourney in their favor by putting both Texas teams, Hawaii, Holley/Rennie, Anaheim Surf (meaning both groups of death) in the half bracket on the opposite side?

But then again they do have Legends, LAGSB, and San Juan Spirit (ranked 4th?) on their side and in their same bracket, which is very tough. So I guess, no easy walk either way.
Surf skewed the tournament in all age groups by allowing only one team to advance from each bracket. It's a disappointing format for such a large, expensive, and "prestigious" tournament.

Hawai'i Rush won Flight 2 Surf Cup last year vs Surf Hawai'i. This year they lost in their Presidents Day Cup (Their version of State Cup to Whitefield FC who choose not to go to Surf Cup), this is probably why they were placed in Tier 2

Surf Hawai'i automatically makes it into Surf because they are a Surf team and their Director helps out a lot of of Surf events, Surf Hawai'i did not participate in their State Cup this year. They did a lot of traveling though participating in mainland tournaments to help with their rankings.

In My (opinion) there are three really competitive 06 girls teams in Hawaii, and this is how I Rank them!
1.Rush
2.Surf
3.Whitfield SC

Surf won competitive season
Rush won Spring season
Whitfield won State Cup

Generally speaking, how does competitive youth soccer work in Hawai'i? Multiple competitive leagues? Multiple levels of competition in the leagues? Inter-island competition?

There are 2 competitive leagues
MISO
OAHU LEAGUE

Inter island competition for the youth, primarily would be state cup(President day Cup)

Yes, no matter what happens in groups "C" and "D" the semi's could be gnarly.

For the Hawaii teams, the way it's been playing out, my rankings are now
A coin flip between Surf & Whitfield as number one in the State!
Rush 3rd

Are you sure that is for all of us? Or just for Scot21? Haha
Not sure he's wishing us to much luck with the winner of our early Sunday morning matchup most likely deciding the bracket. (taking nothing away from New York and Colorado teams) Not sure your team but good luck to your DD as well ...

What a day! Some amazing parity across all the teams in the Top Flight!!!

The Galaxy vs Real Colorado game was fun to watch! Galaxy was up 2-0 but the Real team fought back and tied it up in the last 30 seconds.

Looking at all the other scores, there were ALMOST no blowouts.

Good luck tomorrow ladies! This day determines everything!

As much as we like to 'complain' about so many things, I just wanted to say that Surf did a great job at putting together these flights. The parity of the teams that played in the top flight was fantastic. Some really great games across the board and it was fun to see so many out of state teams bring it! The final 4 are definitely a good group and those will be some awesome games! Also some good matches in the other games.

Good luck tomorrow ladies! And, Im definitely rooting for Legends to carry that SoCal flag!

Back