Surf Cup - Get Your Refund Now

Calsouth has placed all travel requests on hold for tournaments after 12/15/20 pending further guidance has been provided from CDHP. Can California teams still attend Surf Cup without travel papers?

From what we heard Cal South was not supporting coach's going. They were not providing secondary insurance/some kind of liability.
And in general clubs needing to abide by the new guildelines that just came out.
Sadly, that put the nail in the coffin for any remaining Real So Cal and Eagles teams-- we all pulled out yesterday.
I get it, but super bummed for the kiddos. This just stinks.

From what we heard Cal South was not supporting coach's going. They were not providing secondary insurance/some kind of liability.
And in general clubs needing to abide by the new guildelines that just came out.
Sadly, that put the nail in the coffin for any remaining Real So Cal and Eagles teams-- we all pulled out yesterday.
I get it, but super bummed for the kiddos. This just stinks.
If your team is in ECNL/ECRL that's part of the US Club Soccer hierarchy, does Calsouth even matter? Do you need this Calsouth "traveling paper" to play in Arizona?

[
Calsouth has placed all travel requests on hold for tournaments after 12/15/20 pending further guidance has been provided from CDHP. Can California teams still attend Surf Cup without travel papers?

Yes if a team is registered with USclub or some of the sanctioning bodies besides CS.

The registered listed is for those teams that paid & registered, surf has their money at least. If they cancel today, prior, or don't go well they won't be on the schedules. When its all said and done will see on the schedules.

Our team and club is not attending and never had any plans to do so. Amusing that some clubs seem to in or out depending on who you speak to depending on the time of day or night. Beach boys coach's including.

Not sure I've read two lines on this website that are so personally revealing?

"Grow up" = that's your reply? Ok Mom. Sorry you are triggered by a couple softly written barbs that don't reference you specifically (or anyone)--likely you need to look inward on that.

"beyond generous" = most would disagree that a 4-day refund window after a city yanked their fields with no sharing of info re competition or new playing location in the middle of a daily changing pandemic is generous, let alone "beyond" generous. I am happy to see that Surf now has the following language on their website. (They should email everyone to ensure it is known by all.):

if a governmental order...prevents your team from traveling to the event, you will receive a full refund minus any credit card processing transaction fee

"right to run their business" - rights can differ from right. Big Tobacco has the right to sell cancer sticks. Doesn't mean it's right. You make the connection.

"safe outdoor environment" - so i assume you are flying to AZ on NetJets and camping in the desert or driving your own RV and bringing groceries, all the while self-isolating for 4 days? If so, then I concede this point despite the mandatory travel ban which some CA residents feel obligated to follow as honorable citizens who believe in collective good when it comes to health and safety.

May I be excused?
You might want to check your facts there junior. Surf was still offering refunds yesterday too. So while you are so bitter about Surf (not sure what they did to your kid), at least tell the truth. Surf extended their refund window continuously, including yesterday. Yes, grow up. No, I am not a mom. And, I assume most moms find your misogynistic behavior as distasteful as I do.

If I lived in AZ, I’d be mad at anyone trying to run a convention right now, too.

Nothing to do with whether they are running a business. It‘s just not the time to bring 60,000 people together.
You can be mad. But, don't lie about what they are doing with refunds. You are not, but the OP did.

What is with all of this juvenile attacks? I cannot believe an adult wrote that. Surf has been beyond generous in offering refunds. They have every right to run their business. It is not a bad choice to allow your kids to play a sport in a safe outdoor environment. Geez. Grow up.
Thanks for letting us know that you're part of Surf Cup sports, a criminal syndicate that has done everything in its power to make as much $ as possible from a sport, played favorites with large clubs, denied exposure to real talent, and lived high on the hog for the last decade all the while padding its pockets at the expense of using local resources. Surf has about as much right to make $ from a sport as a megachurch deserves PPP funds. The greatest thing to come out of this pandemic would be for a company like Surf to take a huge financial hit and allow tournaments to scale back to smaller events, with less driving, no stay and play (which should be illegal because only people with $ can afford it and is nothing more than a money making scheme with no logic other than charging more).

quick question -is it against the law to attend Surf Cup 2020.
Stupid fucking question. It's against all logic, especially since CA has an order in place for people to avoid non essential travel, and kids going to play soccer the holiday is not essential, even if parents who are sick of sitting at home and are sick of having nothing else to do think differently.

Stupid fucking question. It's against all logic, especially since CA has an order in place for people to avoid non essential travel, and kids going to play soccer the holiday is not essential, even if parents who are sick of sitting at home and are sick of having nothing else to do think differently.

I just plan on apologizing like diners do at The French Laundry. You know, the "yeah, I probably should have just never gotten on the plane. Never put the cleats in the suitcase. I need to lead by example." Seems to work well for others.

Step outside in the dark and look for the moon and all the planets. So beautiful right now. Mother Earth is getting ready,

Jupiter and Saturn swing by the moon this week ahead of a 'Great Conjunction'

Wow! easy there potty mouth. An order isn't a law and I think 46 asked if it was against a law. Ca. also has had no dining with people outside your home at restaurants and wear face masks orders too but guess what the guy that came up with that didn't believe it so why should the rest of us. Surf cup here we come!

If your team is in ECNL/ECRL that's part of the US Club Soccer hierarchy, does Calsouth even matter? Do you need this Calsouth "traveling paper" to play in Arizona?
[/QUOTE

For activities to be sanctioned with the normal US Club Soccer-provided insurance coverage in effect, members returning to play must be in compliance with requirements/mandates established by the applicable local and state public health authorities. If members are not in compliance, the activities are unsanctioned and US Club Soccer-provided insurance coverage is not in effect.

Beyond the requirements/mandates, US Club Soccer also encourages members to follow optional guidelines or recommendations established by local and state public health authorities, to the extent applicable and possible. Members are always expected to err on the side of caution in health and safety matters.

What's up with all the hate towards Surf? I've heard them compared today to Big Tobacco and a criminal syndicate, that's quite the hyperbole. I'm no Surf apologist and I make cracks about them all the time, but this venom is really odd. Is jealousy driving the hatred? Spurned from a tourney or team? I "hate" the Dodgers but I can respect what they've accomplished (buying a championship, ha, ha). Surf is certainly not for everyone, but you can't deny their success at developing teams (not players necessarily). Every year the local news has the Surf HS Senior ladies on and they each say where they're attending college. Pretty impressive.

Back