Surf Cup bracketing

The boys 2001 age bracket has a group (Super white) with 3 of the 4 teams out of Orange county CA. and they have played against each other often over the years. I would be very upset if I was going for the Surf Cup experience to get to play against my neighbors.

I agree unless it is in semi or final or something. I want to play teams from out of state and gauge the level of so ca soccer versus other parts of the country. We got Washington and Utah in our group.

There some good teams in that group. Super White will not be a cake walk. LVSA Silver (Nat Champs) got moved there. The rumor is that it is a true 03 setting.

There some good teams in that group. Super White will not be a cake walk. LVSA Silver (Nat Champs) got moved there. The rumor is that it is a true 03 setting.

There where in the best of the best group before but moved down two flights. Wonder if they asked for that? Several teams in the higher flights are basically true or all 03's also so hard to follow that if they are all that?

Heat in the white group seems under flighted also. Without many gotsoccer types points around lately seems like it was quess work by the schedulers.

Looking at the 05 Girls brackets. Predictions.

Best of the best.
Surf ECNL, Heat ECNL, Blues ECNL and wild card Broomfield in the Semis. Utah Storm and South Valley Storm two teams I see with no chance to advance.

Super Black
Apple Valley, Sporting, LUFC and wild card Blues FC. Utah Surf and Rebels FC no chance to advance.

There where in the best of the best group before but moved down two flights. Wonder if they asked for that? Several teams in the higher flights are basically true or all 03's also so hard to follow that if they are all that?

Heat in the white group seems under flighted also. Without many gotsoccer types points around lately seems like it was quess work by the schedulers.

Heat AS and LVSA Silver have played a few times. Good rivalry. I think Heat AS won the last time.

Looking at the 05 Girls brackets. Predictions.

Best of the best.
Surf ECNL, Heat ECNL, Blues ECNL and wild card Broomfield in the Semis. Utah Storm and South Valley Storm two teams I see with no chance to advance.

Super Black
Apple Valley, Sporting, LUFC and wild card Blues FC. Utah Surf and Rebels FC no chance to advance.
Blues FC is def one to watch- that team had been pretty legit the last year or 2. I heard they have a new coach this season, we'll see.

That’s the issue at hand. Some of the teams in this bracket haven’t played enough tournaments so they are not getting seeded higher. Pats NBCM is a good team that beat San Diego surf academy 2 years ago in the discovery/flight 1 championship. They don’t play enough tournaments so they get seeded low.

Saw that! Don't have any insight as to the level of their opponent- are you familiar?
We have played and beaten them, but not by a 5-0 score. They are good, but not ECNL quality. Discovery/Premier mid level. I will say I’ve seen our team lose 4-0 before and think to myself that it was a lot closer than the score indicated.

We have played and beaten them, but not by a 5-0 score. They are good, but not ECNL quality. Discovery/Premier mid level. I will say I’ve seen our team lose 4-0 before and think to myself that it was a lot closer than the score indicated.
100% or win 1-0 and feel like and know 100% you should have lost 5-0 but GK made one save after another and a few cross bars and your team made your only shot on goal. Happy New years socal kdg.

Well we tied our first 2. 2. Kid tied the game with a PK with a minute left and me sweating bullets. We were out of gas last 10 minutes. Unfortunately with very few games this year it is hard to be in quality game shape. Just a lot of fun to watch the teams battle it out. Referee missed a few obvious hand ball calls but is what it is. They try their best. Nice china virus guidelines followed to with all parents spread out and masked up.

Well we tied our first 2. 2. Kid tied the game with a PK with a minute left and me sweating bullets. We were out of gas last 10 minutes. Unfortunately with very few games this year it is hard to be in quality game shape. Just a lot of fun to watch the teams battle it out. Referee missed a few obvious hand ball calls but is what it is. They try their best. Nice china virus guidelines followed to with all parents spread out and masked up.
Did the girls have fun? Did you get some clips for high light reel? It what it is with refs. We were playing a game recently in Vegas and a ref missed clear hand ball in box or a whack in the box, I forget but it was a clear miss. We probably win the game if call is made. Happy New Years Lavey

Forgot how beautiful Scottsdale is!View attachment 9839
This photo shows how difficult it is to police the fields or enforce their posted rules, which are kind of over the top. Not that I really care but technically there are several violations visible in the picture. I am only pointing out how this conflicts with the posted rules. Do I think anyone is harmed by what you can see, the answer is no.

Masks are mandatory for all individuals at the facility
. Only athletes, when on the field playing, are allowed to be without a mask but they must wear a mask until they take the field.
• All players, coaches, referees and parents must follow all facility guidelines and remain 6’ apart at all times, whether sitting or standing

Regardless, it's nice to see kids playing soccer.

China virus? Trump lost.

This photo shows how difficult it is to police the fields or enforce their posted rules, which are kind of over the top. Not that I really care but technically there are several violations visible in the picture. I am only pointing out how this conflicts with the posted rules. Do I think anyone is harmed by what you can see, the answer is no.

Masks are mandatory for all individuals at the facility
. Only athletes, when on the field playing, are allowed to be without a mask but they must wear a mask until they take the field.
• All players, coaches, referees and parents must follow all facility guidelines and remain 6’ apart at all times, whether sitting or standing

Regardless, it's nice to see kids playing soccer.
I never noticed anything except the beautiful weather. I see one dude in the red hat who is in violation. The other people have mask. Not bad.

Did the girls have fun? Did you get some clips for high light reel? It what it is with refs. We were playing a game recently in Vegas and a ref missed clear hand ball in box or a whack in the box, I forget but it was a clear miss. We probably win the game if call is made. Happy New Years Lavey

It was a clear hand ball in the box but center did not have good vision to see it. Young kid AR should have flagged it as it was closest to him but no call. Oh well, I never get mad at refs. They are trying their best and aren't getting paid Fifa money. What was pretty funny, other team scored first and kid told our defender " Welcome to Arizona "... little smack talk, I'm fine with that it's part of the game. We scored the next 2.....yep yep

Back