Surf Cup bracketing

There are plenty of great fields around. Most city fields are not maintained. This time of the year what you'll get is dead grass and dust. Reach, SSC, Santos and Paloma are maintained. I'm not a Mesa native, but I would guess that those fields haven't been maintained from end of league play.

We practiced on those Scottsdale fields which were excellent and the clinic was at a high school in mesa with 2 prefect grass fields also.

We practiced on those Scottsdale fields which were excellent and the clinic was at a high school in mesa with 2 prefect grass fields also.
SSC maintains fields year round, which is a good thing. Let's see how the scheduling shakes out. I've never seen a tournament in AZ use a high school field but these are unusual times. I'm thinking the city fields in Mesa are where Surf will land.

There are plenty of great fields around. Most city fields are not maintained. This time of the year what you'll get is dead grass and dust. Reach, SSC, Santos and Paloma are maintained. I'm not a Mesa native, but I would guess that those fields haven't been maintained from end of league play.
Come on Happy, your making it sound horrible for everyone. Desert Sky is real nice. All of us from Socal already played on crap like no other. Wind like 50 mph and trailers flipped over on the 14 frwy in Lancaster, Apple Valley and Barstow. Galloway Downs is where the gun guy scared half of us to death. We can handle a little dust and dead grass. We play anywhere Happy :)

Come on Happy, your making it sound horrible for everyone. Desert Sky is real nice. All of us from Socal already played on crap like no other. Wind like 50 mph and trailers flipped over on the 14 frwy in Lancaster, Apple Valley and Barstow. Galloway Downs is where the gun guy scared half of us to death. We can handle a little dust and dead grass. We play anywhere Happy :)
Desert Sky was really nice in AUG/SEP/OCT. It will be nice again in late March/April, just in time for league play. That's how the grass rolls in city parks.

We got our schedule today. Play a texas team and one from Utah. Also play AC Brea 03 PDA team. Should be a fun 3 games. 2 are at the Eagles Community center in Mesa and 3rd game at Red Mountain.

Looks like very few Norcal teams are going, Blues FC and Clovis Crossfire seem to be charging ahead on the girls side. Briceno (Sonoma County), Manteca, and Diablo Valley seem to be doing the same on the boys side. The families must feel it's worth a 14 day quarantine. At this point they seem to have made their decision and only a mandatory quarantine by Arizona will stop them.

You have the admire the Hawaii teams who are making the trek and have to deal with getting tested before they get on the plane to fly home. At least they have a way to meet Hawaii's requirements by getting tested and having results before arriving home. Good luck to them.

Looks like very few Norcal teams are going, Blues FC and Clovis Crossfire seem to be charging ahead on the girls side. Briceno (Sonoma County), Manteca, and Diablo Valley seem to be doing the same on the boys side. The families must feel it's worth a 14 day quarantine. At this point they seem to have made their decision and only a mandatory quarantine by Arizona will stop them.

You have the admire the Hawaii teams who are making the trek and have to deal with getting tested before they get on the plane to fly home. At least they have a way to meet Hawaii's requirements by getting tested and having results before arriving home. Good luck to them.

Island fever is real.

You've got Union City and Odyssey out of Fresno, too.

Well our grouping and field location totally changed. Field is now 45 minutes from the hotel. Not real happy about that but kid is excited to play.

Seems like they balanced out the matchups a bit but also lost a few clubs. You guys see any games that stand out as very mismatched?

The boys 2001 age bracket has a group (Super white) with 3 of the 4 teams out of Orange county CA. and they have played against each other often over the years. I would be very upset if I was going for the Surf Cup experience to get to play against my neighbors.

Back