Soccerloco?

kasantos

BRONZE
My kid's club requires us to purchase jerseys through Soccerloco online. I submitted my jersey order and was charged for the order over 5, now close to 6 weeks ago. Two weeks after I submitted my order, I called and the company said the jerseys were in but they were in line for "production" (i.e., waiting to have logos ironed on) and that it takes up to 4 weeks to get team orders processed. I called last Wednesday, which was after the 4 week wait time, and waited over an hour to speak to a rep. The rep's response was to wait another week and half. I called yesterday and now they are no longer taking calls at all. The automated messages that they are working to fulfill orders. Same automated response with email. If you check the Yelp reviews, you'll find that other people are having the same issues and that these issues have occurred for years.

Yet, clubs and rec leagues continue to do business with them, while there are local stores or even national online retailers available, such as Soccer.com, that can process orders more quickly and have better customer response. And despite these constant issues, Soccerloco has not made any changes to help address them (e.g., hiring seasonal staff to process orders right before league starts, hiring third parties to process orders, paying retail employees to process orders/answer online order inquiries).

So, making complaints on Yelp won't change anything because parents are still forced to buy gear through that website. You can't cancel your order because your kid still needs the jerseys, so you're stuck waiting. Filing a complaint with the BBB, FTC or state or local consumer protection agencies also won't provide immediate help with at least getting a response from the company.

The most frustrating part about this is the inability of now being able to call the company directly. Has anybody had any luck getting their orders processed or even a response from the company this week? Any tips?

My kid's club requires us to purchase jerseys through Soccerloco online. I submitted my jersey order and was charged for the order over 5, now close to 6 weeks ago. Two weeks after I submitted my order, I called and the company said the jerseys were in but they were in line for "production" (i.e., waiting to have logos ironed on) and that it takes up to 4 weeks to get team orders processed. I called last Wednesday, which was after the 4 week wait time, and waited over an hour to speak to a rep. The rep's response was to wait another week and half. I called yesterday and now they are no longer taking calls at all. The automated messages that they are working to fulfill orders. Same automated response with email. If you check the Yelp reviews, you'll find that other people are having the same issues and that these issues have occurred for years.

Yet, clubs and rec leagues continue to do business with them, while there are local stores or even national online retailers available, such as Soccer.com, that can process orders more quickly and have better customer response. And despite these constant issues, Soccerloco has not made any changes to help address them (e.g., hiring seasonal staff to process orders right before league starts, hiring third parties to process orders, paying retail employees to process orders/answer online order inquiries).

So, making complaints on Yelp won't change anything because parents are still forced to buy gear through that website. You can't cancel your order because your kid still needs the jerseys, so you're stuck waiting. Filing a complaint with the BBB, FTC or state or local consumer protection agencies also won't provide immediate help with at least getting a response from the company.

The most frustrating part about this is the inability of now being able to call the company directly. Has anybody had any luck getting their orders processed or even a response from the company this week? Any tips?

What club?

Whomever handles uniforms or that vendor get in touch with them at your club for help. That's loco

tenor.gif

Several large clubs and rec leagues go through Soccerloco (Arsenal, SD Surf, Legends, Fullerton Rangers).

I understand that. I also know that it would be a lot easier to purchase jersey you need online and make patch and number at your local embroidery shop.

It almost seems as if they are sending the jerseys overseas to have the numbers put on and they are having problems with their vendor.

On the positive side, the Soccerloco store locations have a variety of cleats in stock, which is invaluable when your kid rips out the side of the cleat from the toe to the heel the day before the game. The in-store customer support has always been good for us.

Soccer.com is not a perfect situation. Their customer service can be awful too. our club’s gear was held hostage over a perceived unpaid bill.

I so wish that clubs would forgo the named brand crap and just go with companies like Score. That Nike GK jersey isn't going to help my kid catch the ball any better than that Score jersey at 1/3 the price.

I so wish that clubs would forgo the named brand crap and just go with companies like Score. That Nike GK jersey isn't going to help my kid catch the ball any better than that Score jersey at 1/3 the price.

The name branding does add some costs but there are some markups between the clubs & retail vendors that can really add up.

The Nike stuff we've brought from Niky's Sports is priced reasonably but we deal direct /wo kickbacks.

The only players that don't have uniforms on my kid's team are the ones who ordered really late. How late id your kid join the club?

The only players that don't have uniforms on my kid's team are the ones who ordered really late. How late id your kid join the club?
I don't know about him..but my daughters team has been a team since around March...our first official game not counting showcases is in 8 days...nobody on our team has their uniform yet. The joke now is our girls will wear their training tops and we will have to write "DA" on their sleeves to comply with uniform regulations. Soccerloco is a joke.

[QUOTE="Filing a complaint with the BBB, FTC or state or local consumer protection agencies also won't provide immediate help with at least getting a response from the company.
[/QUOTE]
I've had luck filing complaints with state attorney general office for consumers in another state. In my case, the attorney general sent an inquiry to the business in question, and miraculously my delinquent order was moved to the front of the queue.

BTW, I was told last year the entire Blues club didn't get their uniforms from Soccerloco until December.

We joined in June and ordered as soon as we joined. Soccerloco has had the jerseys from
their vendor for over a month. It shouldn’t take more than a month to iron on logos. If I could reach them, I would just ask them to mail the gear so I could have a local soccer store iron it on for me. The least they could do is respond to customer calls or emails and they’re not even doing that anymore.

Many clubs have moved away from Soccerloco. No wonder! Also- just a word to the wise, if you purchase something in store there are NO RETURNS! What kind of a policy is that?? If you purchase online you can return/exchange.

Correct.
Last year,
Older Blues got uniforms at Thanksgiving, in time for Surf Cup Cillege Showcase, then players took a break for HS, and some players did not return for spring to ever wear the uni$orm.

I don't know about him..but my daughters team has been a team since around March...our first official game not counting showcases is in 8 days...nobody on our team has their uniform yet. The joke now is our girls will wear their training tops and we will have to write "DA" on their sleeves to comply with uniform regulations. Soccerloco is a joke.

Sometimes it's an issue beyond Soccerloco's control. A few years ago our club switched to a different brand and everything was backordered from that brand's manufacturer. I believe Soccerloco even recommended to our club that they go with a different brand because of the potential for items to be backordered. In the end it all worked out.

This is not a situation beyond Socccerloco's control. The jerseys have been in their possession for a month now. According to the FTC, online retailers should notify you when they plan to ship. If they don't give you a date, the default date is 30 days. If it's past the default date or their posted date, the company needs to notify you that the shipment is delayed and when they plan to ship. Soccerloco has not done any of this. More importantly, as of this week, Soccerloco has now stopped answering their phone and emails. They now have generic messages that they cannot answer calls/emails due to high volume and that they are processing orders. Not responding to customer questions is unacceptable.

I have filed complaints with the BBB, FTC and California Attorney General's Office. Each of these agencies have fillable forms that help consumers submit complaints.
Federal Trade Commission: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=203&Url=#&panel1-6#crnt
CA Attorney General's Office: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company
Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/nature-of-complaint/

If the clubs and leagues that keep doing business with this company are not going to drop it despite the years of these issues, then, hopefully, a government agency can at least make the company do what it is legally required to do.

Back