Slammers FC Summer Cup

Tough game today for the Blues - we were short-handed the entire game...then with about 15-minutes left in the game my dd went out with a broken arm. She is fine now...but having a hard time dealing with the reality that this likely means she misses Surf Cup this year!

West Coast brought it all day today - good luck in the Semi-Finals tomorrow...well deserved!

Sorry to hear about the injury. It is a shame when any player gets injured and has to miss playing time.

Obviously I know nothing about the 03 age group. All three ECNL teams did not advance to the semis. Blues has an excuse with the lack of subs and injuries. Not really sure what happened to the Slammers and West Coast ECNL teams today? I realize it is early in the 2016 season, but I would have expected better from those two teams.

Poor kid. Hope she is ok. Tough to deal with all the injuries.
Winner of this tournament should be proud with so many quality teams.

From what I hear the ecnl teams had two practices in 7 weeks, and also was their 2nd game of the day while it was their opponents first game. No excuses for them but I am sure dead legs were all over the field at 90 plus degrees.

Tough game today for the Blues - we were short-handed the entire game...then with about 15-minutes left in the game my dd went out with a broken arm. She is fine now...but having a hard time dealing with the reality that this likely means she misses Surf Cup this year!

West Coast brought it all day today - good luck in the Semi-Finals tomorrow...well deserved!
So sorry to hear about your child's injury. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Also...big shout-out to the West Coast coaching staff and parents - right away their bench-staff called over a parent from their sideline to help my dd on our bench...assuming he is in the medical field of some kind.

Thanks for helping her out...our family noted the class and concern from the West Coast team!

Congratulations CZ Elite...well-deserved title with the results they posed this weekend!

Not sure why they are scheduled in Flight 3 at Surf Cup...they clearly can play with the top teams and post the results!

With all the team shuffling due to the age-group changes I am surf bracketing Surf Cup was challenging...too bad CZ Elite isn't playing in a higher Flight.

Congratulations CZ Elite...well-deserved title with the results they posed this weekend!

Not sure why they are scheduled in Flight 3 at Surf Cup...they clearly can play with the top teams and post the results!

With all the team shuffling due to the age-group changes I am surf bracketing Surf Cup was challenging...too bad CZ Elite isn't playing in a higher Flight.
Thank you! I wish we could play in a higher flight but not much we can do about it. I'm glad we had the opportunity to play in the top flight of Slammers and will also play in the top flight of West Coast.

Sorry to hear about your DD, wishing her a speedy recovery.

Now that the tournament is over and I have had a little while to reflect, I offer these thoughts:
1. Very proud of my dd and her teammates (Strikers OC EGSL). They were able to beat an ECNL team, which I thought was probably not going to happen going into the tourney.
2. They were able to beat a West Coast team where both teams just seemed "off" all game.
3. CZ Elite is a nice team to watch play. You can tell these players have been together for some time now. Very disciplined all game long. Not surprised the semis went to PK's with both defenses playing well all game. CZ Elite converted all but one PK and Strikers missed the first two. PK's finished 4-2.
4. Still trying to figure out why Bobak decided to play this tourney with such a small roster, especially when he had his two discovery players playing with CZ Elite this weekend.
5. Lastly and most importantly, hoping for a speedy recovery to Generik's dd.

Booey - thanks for the well-wishes and glad to hear your team played well...wish we could have watched them this weekend but the schedules just didn't work out!

The small roster was a gamble...I think he wanted to challenge the girls that he had by putting them in a situation where they needed to rally around each other in order to get the results he was looking for - but then the injury-bug caught the team during the tournament...going from two healthy subs in game one...to only 9 girls on the field to end game two...then to no subs in game three. We had plenty of bodies on the bench...just none that were cleared to play (ACL strain, concussion, broken arm, pulled muscle, and scratched eye) at different times/days throughout the weekend.

Hopefully we get the girls healthy in the next few weeks...or we may see a repeat of a smaller-than-needed roster at Surf Cup.

Now that the tournament is over and I have had a little while to reflect, I offer these thoughts:
1. Very proud of my dd and her teammates (Strikers OC EGSL). They were able to beat an ECNL team, which I thought was probably not going to happen going into the tourney.
2. They were able to beat a West Coast team where both teams just seemed "off" all game.
3. CZ Elite is a nice team to watch play. You can tell these players have been together for some time now. Very disciplined all game long. Not surprised the semis went to PK's with both defenses playing well all game. CZ Elite converted all but one PK and Strikers missed the first two. PK's finished 4-2.
4. Still trying to figure out why Bobak decided to play this tourney with such a small roster, especially when he had his two discovery players playing with CZ Elite this weekend.

Just a FYI Bobak's discovery players are CZ Elite players. They were playing with their own team.

Wasn't someone recently talking nonsense about the CZ Elite girls not deserving an ODP pool invite? Was that you chiefs?

The ECNL teams win brackets A, B and C. Slammers Macias wins D. In the semis, Blues (A) beats Macias (D) and Slammers ECNL (C) beats West Coast ECNL (B). Finals is Blues over Slammers ECNL.

Congrats to Blues.....two for two in their 2016 summer tourney quest.

Did any ECNL teams make it out of group? Congrats CZ-Elite, well done. (They must have won because 2 of their girls are recieving developement training from the Blues as Discovery players, err um maybey its something else.)

It was an exciting semi-final game. Strikers EGSL was the toughest team we played in the tournament. Solid defense and a dangerous striker that gave us a few heart stopping scares throughout the game. Strikers EGSL will give most of the top teams a run for their money.

Back