Slammers FC Summer Cup

The ECNL teams win brackets A, B and C. Slammers Macias wins D. In the semis, Blues (A) beats Macias (D) and Slammers ECNL (C) beats West Coast ECNL (B). Finals is Blues over Slammers ECNL.

Congrats to Blues.....two for two in their 2016 summer tourney quest.

What is a Slammers ecnl reserve team?
I believe it is their "B" team - the ECNL team is their top-level team...then the Reserve Team...then the EGSL Team.

I may be wrong...so someone please correct me if this isn't accurate...but this is how I understand their team hierarchy.

I'm not suggesting any particular motive, but I suppose it is also a way to have "ECNL" in another team name for publicity's sake. I assumed EGSL was the reserve, but I don't know anything about it.

I'm not suggesting any particular motive, but I suppose it is also a way to have "ECNL" in another team name for publicity's sake. I assumed EGSL was the reserve, but I don't know anything about it.
I thought the same thing...good publicity tactic - we need our old friend GMiller (who has his dd on this "Reserve" team in question) to log back in to the Forum to help shed some light on the Slammers FC team nomenclature strategies.

I am probably calling the kettle black here, but this is my suspicion as to the ECNL, ECNL Reserve, EGSL monikers.........Slammers has figured out a way to charge the ECNL Reserve parents the same as the ECNL parents by using "ECNL" in their team name. I have also heard that 2003 Slammers ECNL coaches (we know the names) have explained to all ECNL parents (top team or reserve team) that their dd will play on the ECNL team this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Strikers, West Coast, Surf and other ECNL programs start with the ECNL reserve teams at all levels.

Remember, club soccer is a business first and foremost. Development does not always run parallel with the business model.

Can strikers get even 1 team that is competitive at the ECNL level? (is there a boo button on the new forum?...expecting at least one!)

I do agree - anything to lock up players so they don't go sniffing around to other clubs. Would be a shame if they found out there are some excellent "A" team opportunities with great coaching at non-ECNL clubs instead of being relegated to a "B" team on an ECNL club as well as all the drama associated with it. I am sure some clubs have realized that EGSL does not have the same sizzle as ECNL - so "Reserve" has been added and everyone gets a patch on their shirt. Reserve as in the selection of wine that is held back - only brought out at special occasions. The special occasion may be when a "Reserve" parent complains enough and the club will break out a few of the Reserve players to sit on the sideline with the hope of getting 5 minutes of ECNL play time.

Blues get the medals in the mail? They should show up to kick off wearing them.
Not happening for us this time around....too many good teams in this one and I have a feeling we have some work still to do in order for our girls to gel with each other (new players/positions/etc.) out on the pitch.

Should be a great opportunity this weekend for them to gain some of that experience with each other....so don't be surprised if the medals come back your way with a "return to sender" note stamped on package!

I am interested to watch the following teams at this tourney (in no particular order):
  1. Blues with their new players - and a player we know well from our team last season
  2. Slammers ECNL - haven't seen them in person yet
  3. West Coast ECNL - saw a few minutes when they played Strikers ECNL a month or so ago
  4. Slammers ECNL Reserve - I think we played this team in the EGSL spring season

Will there be a Tech sighting in Norco this weekend?

I am actually excited to see a few teams too!

The CZ Elite team is new to me...since I think this group played as a U13 team last year and I didn't get to see them play during our U12 season.

And for selfish reasons, I want to see the Yorba Linda G04 EGSL Huie team play...they are scheduled on the same field right after us and my niece is on this roster - haven't had many chances to see her tear it up...so looking forward to getting that chance this weekend.

Good luck to all...and I will try to swing-by to say high to everyone out on the fields at the same time we are out there!

Thanks for the link to the standings/schedule.

Can someone include a link to the actual game times? I can't get times. Wanted to catch some games.

Back