Silverlakes Thanksgiving Showcase

We played a team that had the best forward that I have seen in the 2+ years of club soccer that I have been watching. 05 level. We double teamed her plus had a sweeper always keeping an eye on her. Won 1-0. She was stopped on a break away by my keeper kid, and had a ball just tipped over the cross bar as well. Best player I've ever seen. There strategy was kick it to here where ever she happened to be. I understand that this doesn't help with the development of other players, thus completely get where some of these parents are coming from.

Not sure what teams you have been playing but I've seen some talented forwards in this age group. Blues #7 Legends #1 Legends #4 Surf #13 Anaheim Surf #8 These 5 players wreck havoc in our age group & I'm sure there are others that I'm missing.

Our criteria for judging what is a "good" player is probably different. I've seen a lot of girls "wreak havoc" against mid and lower tier teams, then go up against a top squad and not do jack. Scoring 5 goals against Little Sisters of the Poor, or kicking it out 10 feet in front of you and outrunning the defender, or using the size you have because you started developing earlier than everyone else doesn't impress me. So I tend to only look at how top players perform against top teams.

Our criteria for judging what is a "good" player is probably different. I've seen a lot of girls "wreak havoc" against mid and lower tier teams, then go up against a top squad and not do jack. Scoring 5 goals against Little Sisters of the Poor, or kicking it out 10 feet in front of you and outrunning the defender, or using the size you have because you started developing earlier than everyone else doesn't impress me. So I tend to only look at how top players perform against top teams.

Also just to clarify. I didn't say there weren't ANY dynamic forwards, I said there were a lack of dynamic forwards. And by dynamic forward I mean someone I'm concerned is going to do damage when we play them. Maybe it was just our fall schedule. I found CRL summer schedule to be much more challenging.

Yes, what qualities does a "great player" have at age 12? Let's define what is a "great player" first. The definition will be different for new parents with no soccer experience, parents with some soccer experience. Parents who not only have experience, but have also played the game in (college), semi pro, and coaches. All is in the eye of the beholder. What characteristics does a "great player" have?

So I’m guessing your team is one of the little sister teams considering AS #8 wreaked havoc on your team last weekend. What was the score 5-0?

Actually, you know what? I shouldn't have replied to your first comment at all. I don't feel like getting into a flame war. Good luck to your daughter in state cup.

Actually, you know what? I shouldn't have replied to your first comment at all. I don't feel like getting into a flame war. Good luck to your daughter in state cup.
Stylinandprofilin you are a class act. No need to dignify the last comment with a response. Jack23 are you really talking trash about U12 girls soccer...nice life bro.

So my 11 year old daughter comes up this morning and asks what I am reading...I told her a slap fest that I am afraid I unintentionally started. Her comment; "Mom...you just need to SHUT UP! You don't know if your comments will offend someone!" I hate it when what I teach bites me in the ass!

Top players have been known to kick it out 10 feet in front and outrun their opponent.

Top players have been known to kick it out 10 feet in front and outrun their opponent.

I agree, the girls I listed are more developed than others and rely mostly on their strength and speed. But unfortunately at this age it works, eventually our girls will catch up and make it more difficult for them.

So my 11 year old daughter comes up this morning and asks what I am reading...I told her a slap fest that I am afraid I unintentionally started. Her comment; "Mom...you just need to SHUT UP! You don't know if your comments will offend someone!" I hate it when what I teach bites me in the ass!
That is funny...lol...I don't think anyone was offended as much as just clarifying the "guest" belongs to Beach AND age group she played in. Peace

Back