Silverlakes Thanksgiving Showcase

Anyone have any feedback on the Silverlakes Tourney from today?
My .02: the Westside fields were better than expected. I had heard that they were crap. The parking on that side was also a breeze, front row spot upon arrival (although still $10). The tourney is well organized and there were all the standard big tourney perks(food trucks, music, players lounge, first aid/medical at each location/ clean actual bathrooms) The play seems competitive (no blow outs) and it is nice to play teams that we don’t play in league.
Anyone experience differently?

Anyone have any feedback on the Silverlakes Tourney from today?
My .02: the Westside fields were better than expected. I had heard that they were crap. The parking on that side was also a breeze, front row spot upon arrival (although still $10). The tourney is well organized and there were all the standard big tourney perks(food trucks, music, players lounge, first aid/medical at each location/ clean actual bathrooms) The play seems competitive (no blow outs) and it is nice to play teams that we don’t play in league.
Anyone experience differently?
Silerlakes is a top notch facility . In my opinion the best in so cal ..My dd team practices here as well and besides a windy day or two I feel it's the best place to be for any soccer event .. I also had front row parking yesterday and everything went as schedule . I'm new to the showcase format but the big field was an great experience for the girls... Good luck to all the teams out their today ..going to be a beautiful day ..

Silverlakes is stepping up their game for sure. Players lounges at both venues were a great idea.
Did you win your morning game. The score is not posted ..Looks like you should win the bracket ...Slammers patent thought they had it in the bag ....JK ....Been awhile since we played each other with them switching the league's around ..I wasn't a big fan of it ...Last year seemed to be a stronger league ..I think the 06 final is at 12 tomorrow might have to catch the second half we play at 1:45

Did you win your morning game. The score is not posted ..Looks like you should win the bracket ...Slammers patent thought they had it in the bag ....JK ....Been awhile since we played each other with them switching the league's around ..I wasn't a big fan of it ...Last year seemed to be a stronger league ..I think the 06 final is at 12 tomorrow might have to catch the second half we play at 1:45
We tied v Legends South, 1-1. Slammers V Legends S. will be a good match up that could determine who stays and who goes home.

Silerlakes is a top notch facility . In my opinion the best in so cal ..My dd team practices here as well and besides a windy day or two I feel it's the best place to be for any soccer event .. I also had front row parking yesterday and everything went as schedule . I'm new to the showcase format but the big field was an great experience for the girls... Good luck to all the teams out their today ..going to be a beautiful day ..
Great facility during fall and winter....would stay away during summer.

Group B will have a tie for first place. Will have Same GD, GF and GA and 1-1 head to head.

Wondering what the tie breaker will be?

Not according to the standings. Three games played each. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 83E49175-3650-4EBA-943B-C45E7C2BEA55.png
    83E49175-3650-4EBA-943B-C45E7C2BEA55.png
    243.7 KB · Views: 18
Beach killed us. They were the better team. It helped they had a borrowed player who scored all of their goals singlehandedly. But even without her, it would have been tough.

Beach killed us. They were the better team. It helped they had a borrowed player who scored all of their goals singlehandedly. But even without her, it would have been tough.
My daughter and I saw that game and that borrowed player should be playing up in at least 05. It would have been a much better match without that borrowed player. I am not big on watching a one woman superstar show. Don't get me wrong...she was really good and she definitely knows how to score a goal. Did she play with them in all of the games? #17.

Yep, she was amazing and rumor has it, she plays on their 05 team that is #2 in the nation.
I missed the game yesterday so I am not sure if she played in the game that we tied with them. Our girls were off this afternoon but no excuse, she owned our mid field.

Yep, she was amazing and rumor has it, she plays on their 05 team that is #2 in the nation.
I missed the game yesterday so I am not sure if she played in the game that we tied with them. Our girls were off this afternoon but no excuse, she owned our mid field.
My guess is she didn't play in the game yesterday. I am very curious to know what games she played in for the tournament. I figured she was at least an 05 player. Your defense came back in the second half. I think you guys would have had a good chance had she not been playing. I personally would have been bummed if I was a parent on Beach because the win wouldn't feel like a team success. For me it is sort of like being a Flight 1 team and playing down to Flight 2 so you can win a tournament. What did you really accomplish? Just my opinion.

Yes, we were missing 2 starters (only have 11 rostered) Pulled 3 girls up from our 2nd team and #17 plays for the Coach’s ‘05’s and never misses an opportunity to play. She is definately a handful!

I tip my hat to both WC and Legends for the way they played today. WC moves the ball beauitfully. Legends never gives up and came off a very emotional come from behind Semi final that went to PK’s. That keeper deserves many Ice Cream Sundays after her performance this weekend.

SilverLakes put in a good event. I have no complaints!

Last edited:
My guess is she didn't play in the game yesterday. I am very curious to know what games she played in for the tournament. I figured she was at least an 05 player. Your defense came back in the second half. I think you guys would have had a good chance had she not been playing. I personally would have been bummed if I was a parent on Beach because the win wouldn't feel like a team success. For me it is sort of like being a Flight 1 team and playing down to Flight 2 so you can win a tournament. What did you really accomplish? Just my opinion.
She played with us all weekend as did 3 Flight 2 players.

My daughter and I saw that game and that borrowed player should be playing up in at least 05. It would have been a much better match without that borrowed player. I am not big on watching a one woman superstar show. Don't get me wrong...she was really good and she definitely knows how to score a goal. Did she play with them in all of the games? #17.

Keepermom,
The guest you refer to is a Beach FC 06 player. She usually plays up but also plays in her ACTUAL age group. She's an amazing player and young lady. This is no different than last year's Arsenal G04 team which pulled down 2-3 players from their 03 team to win some important games. No need for sour milk nor insinuate cheating is at hand.

Back