SilverLakes Thanksgiving Showcase

So here is the breakdown for the Maybach G01 division:

Maybach Divison - 24 teams

10 – DPL teams (several DPL teams will play each other during the tournament???)
4 - ECNL teams – (Sereno, San Juan, West Coast, Slammers)

Youth Soccer Ranking Nation Ranking of Non ECNL/DPL Teams

Laroc (Utah) #76
AZ Arsenal #95
1 Legends team (Legends FC South #129)
Lone star San Antonio #139
2 Slammers team (HB #148 and South Slammers #168)

(Why are these team flighted in the Maybach)????
Utah Soccer Alliance Metro #276
Utah Soccer Alliance Premier #406
Colorado Rush #583
Rainer Valley Slammers (Wash) NOT RANKED

Some good match ups (Legends DPL vs Slammers ECNL, RSC DPL vs. West Coast ECNL, Albion DPL vs. AZ Arsenal and a few others)

But basically if you aren't a DPL team, an ECNL team or from out of state you don't get the opportunity to SHOWCASE against other top teams. Why would they schedule DPL teams to play other DPL teams after wrapping up the DPL Fall season?

Will coaches attend the AMG Divison games?

AMG division – YSR National Ranking 20 teams

Santa Monica United #174
San Juan South #179
RSC – SCV #188
Legends AP #202
Slammers Nichols #266
Campton United #309
Striker KT #345
Arsenal ECNL Cmp #365
Legends FC West #386
San Diego Academy #399
FRAM #405
Beach Tuttle #419
Santa Barbara #456
Slammers EGSL – Oberle #472
IE Surf #532
Pats New Mexico #528
Idaho Rush #615
Legends Gold #699
LA Premier #1135

But basically if you aren't a DPL team, an ECNL team or from out of state you don't get the opportunity to SHOWCASE against other top teams. Why would they schedule DPL teams to play other DPL teams after wrapping up the DPL Fall season?
I'd take a guess that the DPL teams don't want to play any non-DPL/ECNL teams in state because then their parents may just find out that they were duped. That most of those DPL teams aren't really any better (and some probably worse) than any other Flight 1/Premier/Gold team. By only playing other DPL teams their rankings will never go down. As for college coaches going to the AMG division games I'd bet they do get coaches just like teams in the past who weren't ECNL still managed to get college coaches to come to their games.

If you look at the schedule you will see that there are multiple instances of DPL teams playing SCDSL teams and ECNL teams. 10 out of the 24 teams are DPL teams so with three games it's difficult to avoid some playing each other. Sounds like your unhappy about playing across the street (can't blame you). I find your take on DPL and its parents to be interesting considering

Somebody answer me this... What have the DPL teams done to earn any additional respect, let alone be put in a higher tier with basically all the out of state teams?

I can't believe I am missing family time so my DD can play the same fucking teams she plays throughout the year - with any college coaches in attendance being led to believe by this 'showcase' that DPL teams are somehow superior. I get that coaches come to watch players, not teams - but the aesthetic of the tiering matters - and it stinks of laziness and corruption.

Really wish our team had chosen to go elsewhere for Thanksgiving. F Silverlakes.

shortBUTslow, you won't like my answer but here it is. Yes DPL is new but it is made up of teams and players that would have been playing either Tier 1 or Premier if DPL did not exist. At the 01 age, Eagles, LA Premier, LA Galaxy San Diego and Albion would have been Premier. Beach, Legends, Real SoCal would have been in the champions bracket. Pateadores and LA Galaxy would have been tier 1. So don't pretend that these are brand new clubs and players that have came from no where and let fact that many don't like this new league get in the way of where these teams and players came from.

I agree that some of the teams in the second bracket are just as good or better than same DPL teams. It sucks to have to play across the street. I agree that top few teams in the AMG division should have been top tier. But this happens at every big tournament. Good luck to your team.

If you look at the schedule you will see that there are multiple instances of DPL teams playing SCDSL teams and ECNL teams. 10 out of the 24 teams are DPL teams so with three games it's difficult to avoid some playing each other. Sounds like your unhappy about playing across the street (can't blame you). I find your take on DPL and its parents to be interesting considering
Eh, we're good. Somewhat surprisingly, my kid is the happiest she's been on a team in a long time. At this point, she's not sure she really wants to play in college anymore which is why we ultimately ended up forgoing the Academy/DPL route (although the quality of the DPL teams we saw also helped with that decision). This also means that if no coaches come to her games it isn't a big deal to us. She just likes playing on a good team and playing new, different teams at showcases.

I do however feel bad for some of the players we know who choose to drive out of their way to be on a DPL team because they were lead to believe it was the best team in the area or that their kid would actually be able to guest play on Academy (which from what I can tell hasn't happened even once almost 1/3 of the way through the season).

Here is a sample of what Real So Cal SCV has done vs DPL teams in CRL:

http://2017crlleagueseason.sportsaf...G+2001+W&teamcode=0431-01CG01-0602&groupcode=

Travesty that they are in the AMG flight!

Sorry, spin it however you want but DPL league wants to keep the circuit as closed as possible. This is the only forum where they can achieve that. Looking forward to Vegas and National Cup to see DPL teams play other teams besides DPL teams!

Note to Legends, how many college coaches are going to watch the 04 and 05 DPL teams? Move them to west (other side of the street)and give this kids in the AMG 00, 01, 02 ages groups and opportunity to be seen where all the College coaches will be.

Maybe their DOC should have put them in Champions League.

Simi if it’s about what league your in then how do you place the 2nd place Team in CSL Premier out of Maybach? Santa Monica United is 8-1 in premier with 1 loss to the defending Cal South National Cup champs Rebels 4-3?

But this happens at every big tournament.

This is a college showcase, specifically created to help connect girls to colleges.
Simi if it’s about what league your in then how do you place the 2nd place Team in CSL Premier out of Maybach? Santa Monica United is 8-1 in premier with 1 loss to the defending Cal South National Cup champs Rebels 4-3?

It is patently absurd. Not to mention lazy and corrupt.
Silverlakes has dropped the ball big time. They get paid real money to provide a service, and they just told paying customers they are 2nd class citizens. That our money matters less than a bunch of self-anointed teams who don't even have any relationship to US Soccer.

I expect (hope) our team and club will loudly express our displeasure, fulfill our commitments this year, and then never return.

I agree. I did say the top several teams belong in the top flight.

This is a college showcase, specifically created to help connect girls to colleges.

Silverlakes has dropped the ball big time. They get paid real money to provide a service, and they just told paying customers they are 2nd class citizens. That our money matters less than a bunch of self-anointed teams who don't even have any relationship to US Soccer.

I expect (hope) our team and club will loudly express our displeasure, fulfill our commitments this year, and then never return.

Don't understand your point. What does it matter about a relationship with US soccer? What team are you with? State your case with specifics.

Sadly I doubt it'll matter to them. There will always be another team waiting to take your place. It is interesting that Rebels (the #1 ranked So Cal team according to gotsoccer/#4 according to YSR which aren't quite as accurate anymore) is playing at Surf this year. I wonder if they were tipped off that they possibly would have been placed in the AMG flight so figured they were better off playing most of the out of state teams plus Surf and affiliates?

FWIW I have a feeling that Vegas is going to be set up very similar and I wouldn't be surprised if the DPL teams skip National Cup to keep the illusion alive.

Good luck to all the girls playing though. Make sure you're kid is emailing those coaches because THAT is how you are going to get them to come to the games, not whether you're in the mega super ultra flight. From my limited experience (with a player who is U17 and did communicate with coaches a bit when she was still interested in playing college) most coaches didn't care about showcase flights, they would come to games for players they were interested in even if the flight was the peewee flight.

Don't understand your point. What does it matter about a relationship with US soccer? What team are you with? State your case with specifics.

DPL is illusory in its competitiveness and cohesiveness, and is based on an illusory affiliation, and given deference for illusory reasons. It is a rebranded EGSL.

This is not about you. I don't care what you think, but for what it's worth my DD plays for one of the 'top teams' you admit are getting screwed.

[QUOTE="fotos4u2, post: 131303, member: 223" most coaches didn't care about showcase flights, they would come to games for players they were interested in even if the flight was the peewee flight.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with this on the whole, but the matchups matter as well. My sense is, except for the uber-elite - who've mostly already committed anyway (in the 01 age group), a coach will come to watch matches where there are multiple girls to see - perhaps across both teams. You want a quality opponent because those girls are also attracting coaches.

There are some teams on the AMG list that have performed horribly this fall. They should join their own kind with teams like Albion and LAGSD DPL.

[QUOTE="fotos4u2, post: 131303, member: 223" most coaches didn't care about showcase flights, they would come to games for players they were interested in even if the flight was the peewee flight.

I do agree with this on the whole, but the matchups matter as well. My sense is, except for the uber-elite - who've mostly already committed anyway (in the 01 age group), a coach will come to watch matches where there are multiple girls to see - perhaps across both teams. You want a quality opponent because those girls are also attracting coaches.

There are some teams on the AMG list that have performed horribly this fall. They should join their own kind with teams like Albion and LAGSD DPL.[/QUOTE]

Careful or someone will get the idea to start a DPL 2 league and accompanying tournament brackets.

Essentially what we have learned with the flighting is that if your not DPL, ECNL or from out of state you shouldn’t apply to Silverlake Showcases.

Silverlakes careful what you wish for, if flight 1 non champions league team are beating DPL teams handily in CRL and ECNL teams notch a few wins Thanksgiving weekend this might actually prove that ECNL is the 2nd best choice to DA.

We have also learned that your much better off being at Surf in the bottom flight!! At least you can play at the same venue so college coaches can easily come see you play.

Silverlakes prided themselves on not taking that stay and play cash but it appears that was just for year 1! Come to think of it maybe they just put those out of state teams in the top flight so the DPL teams could grab a few wins!

Yes DPL is new but it is made up of teams and players that would have been playing either Tier 1 or Premier if DPL did not exist. At the 01 age, Eagles, LA Premier, LA Galaxy San Diego and Albion would have been Premier. So don't pretend that these are brand new clubs and players that have came from no where and let fact that many don't like this new league get in the way of where these teams and players came from.

Almost certainly not true. Since most of their A team players are DA, they wouldn't have had enough returning players to stay or promote to Premiere. If they had stayed at CSL, they may have forced to start over as a new team at the Bronze level. The best way to look at it is what level these clubs' B teams were playing at last year.

DPL is illusory in its competitiveness and cohesiveness, and is based on an illusory affiliation, and given deference for illusory reasons. It is a rebranded EGSL.

This is not about you. I don't care what you think, but for what it's worth my DD plays for one of the 'top teams' you admit are getting screwed.

Well isn't that nice that you don't care what I think.

If you don't care what I think why respond? Hate to burst your bubble but maybe the illusion is playing in flight 1 (which is certainly not earned either). I certainly do hope that your team does well and gets plenty of coaches. From your rhetoric it's doesn't sound like you feel the same way back.

Back