Scdsl showcase

Not CDA which we all know is just an affiliate of Newport Slammers. The club you are referring too. That's just like San Clemente Surf taking credit for Surf San Diego. Laughable.

Also who cares about the club. You came on here to discredit a bunch of 8 year olds.

I stand by my statement of CDA teams having crazy parents. Thanks for backing up my statement. Luckily we do not see very many of their teams down here in San Diego.
9 words .... on my first post and I got a response The size of a novel verify that you use guest players. you could go ahead and make yourself believe that you're better club which are not, Believe that your parents are not crazy which you are . And I'll give you credit that you beat or 2009 girls

At this age with one really good player you can change the makeup of your whole team, you can compensate for other areas, and I'm not trying to say that strikers are not a good organization and a really good 08 team you do in fact share players and the Slammers team that you played did not

The whole point of SCDSL is development, (So Cal DEVELOPMENT soccer league). Having a player that is within age level play on two teams and split time 50/50, is exactly the point. It elevates the play of the age current team and gives the player confidence that is having to play up. Unless that player is scoring 5+ goals and is some sort of mini Messi, than they aren't changing the makeup of the team all that much. jmh. That is unless the other players are that bad. But I think in this case, these players are amazing 08's!

9 words .... on my first post and I got a response The size of a novel verify that you use guest players. you could go ahead and make yourself believe that you're better club which are not, Believe that your parents are not crazy which you are . And I'll give you credit that you beat or 2009 girls

I am not with Strikers, we played them once and their parents were fine. My older Daughter has played CDA Macias/ Cruz and the G coach teams all crazy sidelines and coaches. Usually thug teams too.

CDA is not Slammers Newport keep believing that propaganda if you choose.

My beef is with you coming on here to make your first post on the forum about discrediting 8 year olds. But if these things help you sleep at night good for you. Then you even discredit players on your own team, by saying they are 09.

Keep it classy CDA, I know it is hard for your area.

I am not with Strikers, we played them once and their parents were fine. My older Daughter has played CDA Macias/ Cruz and the G coach teams all crazy sidelines and coaches. Usually thug teams too.

My beef is with you coming on here to make your first post on the forum about discrediting 8 year olds. But if these things help you sleep at night good for you. Then you even discredit players on your own team, by saying they are 09.

Sure your not from Stikers,

Is it classy you assuming where are girls come from ? We have a Beautiful mix of races on our team but keep it classy and don't be such a racist.

LOL @ CDA............just curious since we are talking about development.....What did Strikers do to Cruz/Macias at 2007 with that same 08 player 8-1 no guest.........then how is CDA 2006 doing 3-1 .....just wondering since development is the key...it does not seem to be that any of the CDA teams at youngers are learning, everytime i see them it seems they are pushing or shoving to win a ball....ill give slammers credit to thrive at the older ages after players developed by other clubs and have been recruited, but lets just be real !!!!! geeeeezzzzzzzz.....lol

Is it classy you assuming where are girls come from ? We have a Beautiful mix of races on our team but keep it classy and don't be such a racist.

Come from was meant towards your club, CDA, not City.

Again thanks for supporting CDA = Nuts

Our team as well is a great blend of kids. Heck San Diego is the biggest melting pot in the USA, IMHO.

At this age, 1 or 2 players can make a difference with speed and a developed shot. I am more impressed with the teams that move the ball around with solid team work, connecting passes and communication. I've been very impressed with the many talented girls playing at the 2008 flight 1 level where most can give the 2007 flight 1 teams a run for their money. Looking forward to their progression in years to come.

-Papa

At this age, 1 or 2 players can make a difference with speed and a developed shot. I am more impressed with the teams that move the ball around with solid team work, connecting passes and communication. I've been very impressed with the many talented girls playing at the 2008 flight 1 level where most can give the 2007 flight 1 teams a run for their money. Looking forward to their progression in years to come.

-Papa
I think I have seen just about every flight 1 2008 and flight 1 2007 team play this year. The 08' teams would get dominated by the 07's!

I'm curious now with all the talk about the Strikers '08 player playing up or down. My daughter was asked to play up in '07's and I declined. Kept her with her age group. Good move or bad move? Any body else with experience like this?

I'm curious now with all the talk about the Strikers '08 player playing up or down. My daughter was asked to play up in '07's and I declined. Kept her with her age group. Good move or bad move? Any body else with experience like this?

In my opinion, it all starts with the coach development curriculum, game tactic knowledge and parents/players commitment. Playing a player up would help by competing at a faster pace with a year further in development. Obviously, having your daughter's feedback on where she wants to play is also very important. Best of luck to your daughter. :)

In my opinion, it all starts with the coach development curriculum, game tactic knowledge and parents/players commitment. Playing a player up would help by competing at a faster pace with a year further in development. Obviously, having your daughter's feedback on where she wants to play is also very important. Best of luck to your daughter. :)
Yes...that is why I made the choice to stay down. The '07 team is very good and won surf cup, and I am sure she would have benefited from the higher pace of play, but I liked the way the '08 coach ran his sessions. I do notice that she doesn't get out of 2nd or 3rd gear much cause she doesn't have to to beat the players in coast. When we play the Strikers, Blues, Slammers etc., it takes her a few to get up to pace. I hope it ends up being the right decision in the long run... I still struggle with it. I wish we were in the environment that the Strikers girl is afforded where she plays up and down. But we did not have that choice. Anyway...thanks for the feedback.

but I liked the way the '08 coach ran his sessions.

Fact: Playing up usually benefits the coach more than the player (one less good player to find), esp. at this very young age.

Opinion: Unless your DD is soooo much better than her teammates, best to have your DD (she's 8?) play with the coach you prefer since that's where she's going to be spending most of her development time. Kids don't need to be playing at full speed all the time, every game, at this age group, IMO. At 9U, the level of play is going to vary widely away, so the team goal should be developing skills every game, no matter the pace. Sounds like you did the right thing. (Now, if she's really that much better, you might need to go club/team shopping, instead of playing up.)

Yes...that is why I made the choice to stay down. The '07 team is very good and won surf cup, and I am sure she would have benefited from the higher pace of play, but I liked the way the '08 coach ran his sessions. I do notice that she doesn't get out of 2nd or 3rd gear much cause she doesn't have to to beat the players in coast. When we play the Strikers, Blues, Slammers etc., it takes her a few to get up to pace. I hope it ends up being the right decision in the long run... I still struggle with it. I wish we were in the environment that the Strikers girl is afforded where she plays up and down. But we did not have that choice. Anyway...thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like your daughter is doing great and continues to progress, which should be the objective (in my opinion). Having players play up and down doesn't always benefit the player. It takes time to mesh and play comfortably at this age on a competitive team. If your coach is driven to make your player and her team the best they can be, he/she will seek out the best opponents and prepare them for success. I believe a coach needs to be in it for the long haul searching for the 11 man roster. It all starts with the coach, not the club. At these younger ages, 1 or 2 players can make a difference, but as they get older it's the team that has to practice, work and progress together to succeed. These younger years are all about development.

Back