Scdsl showcase

Barca1408

BRONZE
How did teams look up there? Some scores still haven't been posted

Legends West looks to of had a good day.

Strikers had a good day as expected. Any results on the Blues games?

SDDA has been fun this fall.

Wish we were playing Surf T Day.

Legends West looks to of had a good day.

Strikers had a good day as expected. Any results on the Blues games?

Blues had a good day as well. Two wins and continue to improve and learn. Nice to see new competition as well. Now it's down to the final stretch. Tough match ups this weekend.

It's amazing to see how all the girls are improving across the league. Hard to believe these kids are 8 years old sometimes!

SCDSL has showcase game weekends for each age group. Typically, they pair up different divisions. For '08 this year, the South played the North divisions. '05 and olders have standings. For the youngers, it's supposed to be a development showcase and chance to face teams from other than your own division. Scores are recorded, but no standings.

Thanks...I found the results for each flight for the '08's. I'm disheartened at the coast league competition and feel this season for our girls has been a bust. One team dropped out completely and some think its ok to forfeit a game here and there. It seems like the teams down south get good competition for the most part week in and week out. The only time we get a good game is at the Blues or Thanksgiving Surf etc. I'm very frustrated with coast competition. The big scores in the SCDSL are maybe 6-0 or 8-2. Our big scores our 14-0, 16-0....just no good for any of the girls in my opinion.
Anyways....thanks for the response.

SCDSL has showcase game weekends for each age group. Typically, they pair up different divisions. For '08 this year, the South played the North divisions. '05 and olders have standings. For the youngers, it's supposed to be a development showcase and chance to face teams from other than your own division. Scores are recorded, but no standings.
Just curious....how come no standings for '08's....they started posting standings for the first few weeks then stopped....

Just curious....how come no standings for '08's....they started posting standings for the first few weeks then stopped....

My understanding is that since this is a development league, standing at younger ages are irrelevant. Thus, before '05, scores don't matter. It's the play, development and growth that matter. Even though we all keep score. lol. ;)

Thanks...I found the results for each flight for the '08's. I'm disheartened at the coast league competition and feel this season for our girls has been a bust. One team dropped out completely and some think its ok to forfeit a game here and there. It seems like the teams down south get good competition for the most part week in and week out. The only time we get a good game is at the Blues or Thanksgiving Surf etc. I'm very frustrated with coast competition. The big scores in the SCDSL are maybe 6-0 or 8-2. Our big scores our 14-0, 16-0....just no good for any of the girls in my opinion.
Anyways....thanks for the response.[/Q
Except for a few teams at every age group Coast is a 2nd or third tier league

Except for a few teams at every age group Coast is a 2nd or third tier league
Agreed. I coached in it for 10 years from boys u11-u14 silver/silver elite level so my observations of top level talent was limited. Now that I am a club dad of a girl, my subjective and objective observations of top competition is accurate. If we(the club) stay in coast next year, I may be that dreaded dad who jumps ship unfortunately.

Strikers team was good , but they used guest players.
You left out a few key details in your comment, so I thought I'd clarify...first, Strikers were actually missing a player that game. Secondly, the "guest players" I assume you're referring to was actually just 1 player, not multiple "playerS". She's a 2008 girl within the club that has played multiple games with that 08 team this season, and regularly plays with both the 08's & 07's for Strikers. Not really a "guest player". It is very common for players to float back & forth between 2 age groups within a club.

And while she's a tremendous player, she scored 1 goal in a game that ended 4-1, with the Slammers lone goal coming off a questionable free kick. CDA Slammers are a very good team, just don't be afraid to give credit where credit is due...your comment suggests Strikers only beat you because they had "guest playerS", and that's just not accurate.

You left out a few key details in your comment, so I thought I'd clarify...first, Strikers were actually missing a player that game. Secondly, the "guest players" I assume you're referring to was actually just 1 player, not multiple "playerS". She's a 2008 girl within the club that has played multiple games with that 08 team this season, and regularly plays with both the 08's & 07's for Strikers. Not really a "guest player". It is very common for players to float back & forth between 2 age groups within a club.

And while she's a tremendous player, she scored 1 goal in a game that ended 4-1, with the Slammers lone goal coming off a questionable free kick. CDA Slammers are a very good team, just don't be afraid to give credit where credit is due...your comment suggests Strikers only beat you because they had "guest playerS", and that's just not accurate.
At this age with one really good player you can change the makeup of your whole team, you can compensate for other areas, and I'm not trying to say that strikers are not a good organization and a really good 08 team you do in fact share players and the Slammers team that you played did not

At this age with one really good player you can change the makeup of your whole team, you can compensate for other areas, and I'm not trying to say that strikers are not a good organization and a really good 08 team you do in fact share players and the Slammers team that you played did not

Sounds like a bitter coach or manager. If in fact as was posted 4-1 and that player scored one goal come on.

I ask did you sign up just to downplay Strikers?

Sounds like a bitter coach or manager. If in fact as was posted 4-1 and that player scored one goal come on.

Not at all but if we are getting really detailed 3 of our starters are 09 girls , so you should be really happy beating a younger age group, but hopefully we will see your strikers team in upcoming tournaments.

How was their sideline? CDA teams are notoriously bad. The coach in particular is known for this. The club loves to amp up its parents.

Better question is how many CDA players contacted Strikers after the game, LOL.

You can't compare Clubs at all Slammers Fc where voted best club team in 2016 not strikers, so keep up guys, and even if they contacted strikers after the loss who wants players like that on your team. If you want we can forward any information on any players.
Thanks

You can't compare Clubs at all Slammers Fc where voted best club team in 2016 not strikers, so keep up guys, and even if they contacted strikers after the loss who wants players like that on your team. If you want we can forward any information on any players.
Thanks

Not CDA which we all know is just an affiliate of Newport Slammers. The club you are referring too. That's just like San Clemente Surf taking credit for Surf San Diego. Laughable.

Also who cares about the club. You came on here to discredit a bunch of 8 year olds.

I stand by my statement of CDA teams having crazy parents. Thanks for backing up my statement. Luckily we do not see very many of their teams down here in San Diego.

Back