SCDSL Showcase

You lack the understanding to go toe to toe with me as I created this world. Now first it was a rhetorical question but I'm sure most people got that. My post was intended to expose the fact that everything is now considered a showcase in order to sell the event to parents. Oh its a showcase, must be more worthwhile than a game or regular tournament. Early on the "showcase" moniker was used to emphasize the idea that individual players would be on display for evaluation by college coaches, similar to the old "ID" camp where Podunk University is in attendance; sorry my children but this is the reality! We are going to attend the Mars Slammers "Showcase" where Slammers Venus will play Slammers Krypton. Thank you for your sarcasm but it really wasn't that good.

SCDSL Showcases are part of the program - nothing is sold to anyone.
You lack the understanding to go toe to toe with me as I created this world. Now first it was a rhetorical question but I'm sure most people got that. My post was intended to expose the fact that everything is now considered a showcase in order to sell the event to parents. Oh its a showcase, must be more worthwhile than a game or regular tournament. Early on the "showcase" moniker was used to emphasize the idea that individual players would be on display for evaluation by college coaches, similar to the old "ID" camp where Podunk University is in attendance; sorry my children but this is the reality! We are going to attend the Mars Slammers "Showcase" where Slammers Venus will play Slammers Krypton. Thank you for your sarcasm but it really wasn't that good.
You overestimate your powers, oh Creator. Tune in next week and I'll tell you how not everything is a showcase (e.g., league and tournaments) and how SCDSL showcases are part of the SCDSL program and are not sold to anyone.

Also....humorous. But in this case, it's not a "sell it to the parents" event (which you are correct in your statement about how it is usually a marketing function). It is part of SCDSL league play.
How naïve, everything is sell it to parents, how much are those soccer shoes? Bunch of sheep.

Can't we at least play teams that we haven't played before? Or at least play teams that we haven't already played multiple times over the past six months? Do you think the SCDSL folks would change a team's scheduled opponent so we could play a team we haven't played before?
Have you played these teams in a league game yet?

Back