SCDSL Playoff info?

Thank you for helping me make my point....which is the club does not pay it. The parents pay it...usually through their team fees which are held in a team account and usually accessed by a team admin or manager who pays the refs at every game. You seem more confused than the other guy.

Never had a DOC come up to our game and say... hey, save your money, have a pizza party or pay to video the game but the refs today are on the club.

So your point is simply that club soccer isn’t free?! Thanks for the insight! How much would you say the “free” car wash included with an overpriced oil change costs? Of course it’s not free in the true sense, but the recipient would be right in saying he didn’t pay for it and it would be a shock to him when he goes down the street, gets an oil change and car wash, and then gets separately charged for the car wash he’s used to being “free”.

Thank you for helping me make my point....which is the club does not pay it. The parents pay it...usually through their team fees which are held in a team account and usually accessed by a team admin or manager who pays the refs at every game. You seem more confused than the other guy.

Never had a DOC come up to our game and say... hey, save your money, have a pizza party or pay to video the game but the refs today are on the club.

And actually as I reread your post, I see the source of confusion. You don’t mean the club doesn’t “pay” it. The club does pay it. You mean the club effectively doesn’t “bear the cost of it”. On that we agree and is probably why my post made the point you intended. It’s interesting seeing all the different ways different clubs present and charge for things—all with the effect of making apples to apples comparisons very difficult!

You have a choice to move to CSL where you will get 14 League games and League Cup games.

Not necessarily -as an example this season G03 Premier only got 8 games. Depends on the number of teams in each bracket. But League Cup definitely provides an opportunity for more games.

Or was the reason “we can charge the same fee but have less games”= more money to keep.
Less ref fees. Less Field costs. Coaches get a free weekend.
10 games playing 4 teams twice and 2 teams once is dumb.
I’m sure there will be a team that deserves a playoff spot that will get hosed because they played the 1st place team twice, but the last place team once. . And the first place team had 2 games against a last place team.

So we're heading into the last weekend of the SCSDL season. How did your daughter's team make out? Best of luck!

Games Saturday and Sunday.
We’ll wind up in 2nd place regardless of our results this weekend.
Need at least 1 win and a little help to get a wildcard spot.

Curious as to how seeding works. For playoff divisions that have different flights participating (like Europa and Champions for the “Flight 1 Playoffs”), are all teams qualifying from the higher flight automatically seeded higher than all teams from the lower flight? For playoffs divisions that take the first and second place teams from across multiple divisions of the same flight, are all first place teams automatically seeded ahead of all second place teams, are they all thrown into a single group and seeded simply on points, something else?

Based on the way they have the playoffs setup, I’m sure they are just throwing darts at a board. No rhyme or reason.

Curious as to how seeding works. For playoff divisions that have different flights participating (like Europa and Champions for the “Flight 1 Playoffs”), are all teams qualifying from the higher flight automatically seeded higher than all teams from the lower flight? For playoffs divisions that take the first and second place teams from across multiple divisions of the same flight, are all first place teams automatically seeded ahead of all second place teams, are they all thrown into a single group and seeded simply on points, something else?

In years past Champions first seeds in order of finish. Then Europa followed.

Last year there were quite a few Europa wins in first games.

Back