Region IV Championships in Seattle

I was wrong, I guess they cut the grass? Surf wins the Region IV title 2-1 over Real So Cal

Does anyone have a rule/decision about adding extra time? Until State Cup finals, I've never experienced this. State Cup finals the ref signaled the AR that he was adding 2 min. The AR repeated to our sidelines. I apologized to the ref for our sidelines after the game as we had never had that happen. Since then we have had added time in nearly every Regional game as much as 5 min.

Congrats to Surf and RSC for representing SoCal in style at FarWest.
Agree. FWR's always fun at this age group because (like @MAP said) ECNL is just starting to kick in so teams from Utah, Nevada, etc. Can still legitimately compete. The level of coaching and player depth that SoCal has eventually washes over the SW into ECNL and now DA. Way to represent Surf and RSC!

It was a pretty good game! Just watched it, and because I'm such a nice person the goals are around 0:27, 0:34, diving save at 1:36, crossbar at 1:37, goal a minute later.

USYS needs to invest in some lawnmowers. The field at our local middle school is cut lower than that. Hard to make passes through grass that long.

This is so aw
It was a pretty good game! Just watched it, and because I'm such a nice person the goals are around 0:27, 0:34, diving save at 1:36, crossbar at 1:37, goal a minute later.

This is so great! Thank you! You def are a nice guy for this!

I am rarely able to watch games that aren't my daughter's, but that possession was beautiful. The ball just seemed to move from player to player with ease. Passes that seemed to be sent into space ended up at a teammate's feet. I'm not sure how long that particular group has been playing together but they moved like they had some kind of telepathic connection. Players just seemed to know when to move and where they were supposed to be. It was like watching soccer Jedi. Excellent game. Thanks for sharing.

I am rarely able to watch games that aren't my daughter's, but that possession was beautiful. The ball just seemed to move from player to player with ease. Passes that seemed to be sent into space ended up at a teammate's feet. I'm not sure how long that particular group has been playing together but they moved like they had some kind of telepathic connection. Players just seemed to know when to move and where they were supposed to be. It was like watching soccer Jedi. Excellent game. Thanks for sharing.

Agree, IMHO, much more enterntaining than the 03 ECNL championship game, just enjoy this soccer much better...playing out of the backline was so much better here than the 03 game.

Back