Region IV Championships in Seattle

Let's call a spade a spade. You were bothered enough to start a whole new thread expressly to complain about the game result in your daughter's bracket. The game "should have" been stopped. And Colorado "earned that win". You were complaining. Just be honest. That's what this forum is here for.

Did you stop to ask those who were there if the referee started the game 6 minutes late? Was there injury time? Were there PKs?

Funny it's the Heat parent who comes on here complaining and not Colorado parents. I guess some stereotypes prove to be true.

You can't be that naive . The tie helps HEAT! Let me explain, had Surf lost, we would be even going into tomorrow with them having the easier game. It works to Heats advantage them tying. Therefore your point is moot. Perhaps you want me to be upset about it . I'm not, end of story. Tomorrow it's win or enjoy Seattle for us. Of course we would like to stay longer it's 120 degrees back home.

You can't be that naive . The tie helps HEAT! Let me explain, had Surf lost, we would be even going into tomorrow with them having the easier game. It works to Heats advantage them tying. Therefore your point is moot. Perhaps you want me to be upset about it . I'm not, end of story. Tomorrow it's win or enjoy Seattle for us. Of course we would like to stay longer it's 120 degrees back home.

Setting aside the fact that you started this complain thread before you lost to Surf, the tie certainly does not help you. As it stands now, Surf would have to lose tomorrow to put your team through with a draw. Had Surf lost yesterday, a draw with Real Colorado would put you through on goal differential. So you are in a must win scenario now.

I'm glad you are no longer upset about it. Good luck tomorrow.

Setting aside the fact that you started this complain thread before you lost to Surf, the tie certainly does not help you. As it stands now, Surf would have to lose tomorrow to put your team through with a draw. Had Surf lost yesterday, a draw with Real Colorado would put you through on goal differential. So you are in a must win scenario now.

I'm glad you are no longer upset about it. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks for the luck. BUT ... had Surf lost yesterday, we lost today, and if we can pull a win tomorrow (means Colorado has a loss), it would then depend on who beat Celtic by the largest margin. I would rather be in control of our destiny. Let me further explain, our team doesn't do ties. Our coach goes for the win. Every scenario is a must win scenario for our team .

We have one more game to go! Hopefully the clock is managed better than what I witnessed in Real Colorado vs. Surf.

Thanks for the luck. BUT ... had Surf lost yesterday, we lost today, and if we can pull a win tomorrow (means Colorado has a loss), it would then depend on who beat Celtic by the largest margin. I would rather be in control of our destiny. Let me further explain, our team doesn't do ties. Our coach goes for the win. Every scenario is a must win scenario for our team .

We have one more game to go! Hopefully the clock is managed better than what I witnessed in Real Colorado vs. Surf.

For what it's worth, I would not be happy if we had spent all that money and time going to Seattle just to have the other team win because the game went 7 minutes over. I can't imagine too many parents on here would be. Hope you guys pull out a win tomorrow!

Are refs not allowed to give extra time (or stop time)? I thought there was a lot of discretion - even in youth soccer.

If they started at the same time, were you watching this game or your daughters game? I'm hoping it was your daughters game. So how do you know there shouldn't have been 7 minutes added to the game?

If they started at the same time, were you watching this game or your daughters game? I'm hoping it was your daughters game. So how do you know there shouldn't have been 7 minutes added to the game?

We were on field 4 the other game was on field 5. Parents sat between 4 and 5. Quite honestly our game against Celtic was 2-0 within 10 minutes of the game starting and 3-0 at half. Pretty boring in my opinion. The game behind was way more exciting. My daughter isn't a field player either, so she wasn't really touching the ball. Thus I watched 75% of the game behind me. Typically the ref would alert coach, and sideline about extra time. They weren't notified. Otherwise there would be no reason for them to be so upset.

In our game against Surf, when the asshole parent/dad got into an argument with the ref towards the end of the game ( not sure if he was thrown out) , our coach asked the ref for time because this jackass wouldn't STFU. The ref was a 'G' about it too. So, we got time because dude kept running his mouth.

He doesn't know. He's just salty.
Perhaps you are a Surf parent...don't know... what I do know is that Surf was losing to Colorado the majority of the game...AND ...they were tied with Heat 1-1 at the half. We expected them to be MVLA good, and for the most part the girls were, the parents not so much. The final score 2-1 because of of penalty in the box towards the end of the game. Surf couldn't score from the field . Why? If you were there, I'm sure you know. Notice, I didn't I complain about the officiating like the bulk of those parents. It was fair. And for the record I'm a SHE.

Are refs not allowed to give extra time (or stop time)? I thought there was a lot of discretion - even in youth soccer.
Definitely...allowed. Typically in tournaments they don't so they can keep on schedule. It was just strange that there was no injury or disruption to allow for the extra time in that particular game.

@shales1002 maybe the surf parent who keeps interjecting is the guy you are referring to? It's not one of the parents on that awesome team that I know.
Or he's a B team parent who's a brand new homer.

Perhaps you are a Surf parent...don't know... what I do know is that Surf was losing to Colorado the majority of the game...AND ...they were tied with Heat 1-1 at the half. We expected them to be MVLA good, and for the most part the girls were, the parents not so much. The final score 2-1 because of of penalty in the box towards the end of the game. Surf couldn't score from the field . Why? If you were there, I'm sure you know. Notice, I didn't I complain about the officiating like the bulk of those parents. It was fair. And for the record I'm a SHE.

I'm not, and I'm not in Seattle. I just don't enjoy complainers. And complaining about a game you weren't even watching. I'm sure the other parents on your team are thrilled that you here complaining and throwing their kids under the bus about the loss. "My DD did her job".

So Surf scored on 2 PKs?

We were on field 4 the other game was on field 5. Parents sat between 4 and 5. Quite honestly our game against Celtic was 2-0 within 10 minutes of the game starting and 3-0 at half. Pretty boring in my opinion. The game behind was way more exciting. My daughter isn't a field player either, so she wasn't really touching the ball. Thus I watched 75% of the game behind me. Typically the ref would alert coach, and sideline about extra time. They weren't notified. Otherwise there would be no reason for them to be so upset.

In our game against Surf, when the asshole parent/dad got into an argument with the ref towards the end of the game ( not sure if he was thrown out) , our coach asked the ref for time because this jackass wouldn't STFU. The ref was a 'G' about it too. So, we got time because dude kept running his mouth.

Did the 2 games have the whistle blow to end the 1st half at the same time?
And/or did they start the 2nd half at the same time?

Did the 2 games have the whistle blow to end the 1st half at the same time?
And/or did they start the 2nd half at the same time?
Yes... they started at the exact same time. Whistle blew on their field first and ours 20 seconds later. Same for the start of the second half. Which is why it was confusing that they kept playing, and playing , and playing.

I'm not, and I'm not in Seattle. I just don't enjoy complainers. And complaining about a game you weren't even watching. I'm sure the other parents on your team are thrilled that you here complaining and throwing their kids under the bus about the loss. "My DD did her job".

So Surf scored on 2 PKs?

Let me help you clarify, you don't enjoy observations. If the score was 1-1 means we were hanging. As for the parents they know the real... lol. And as for my DD you are smart, you seem to be a know it all, figure it out.

@shales1002 maybe the surf parent who keeps interjecting is the guy you are referring to? It's not one of the parents on that awesome team that I know.
Or he's a B team parent who's a brand new homer.
Now that is not fair blaming it on a new B team parent. From what I understand having been PM'd to me and a little follow up on my part after the Anaheim Surf 06 BS, there are plenty of parents capable of this behavior on the team. And if I recall correctly, this site also referenced them. The one with specifics that I recall was a mom after the game driving and honking like a madman out of the muddy parking lot.; might have also been giving someone the bird.

Depending on who Surf brought and who has already left to go back to OC for DA, this team does not need help creating drama.

Let me help you clarify, you don't enjoy observations. If the score was 1-1 means we were hanging. As for the parents they know the real... lol. And as for my DD you are smart, you seem to be a know it all, figure it out.

So Surf didn't score from the field, and scored twice. Was that 2 PKs? I honestly don't know.

Back