Recruiting Tips for Parents Just Starting the Process

Just saying...
upload_2016-8-17_18-19-56-png.67

How are the teams doing with college commits? How are the ECNL teams doing? the EGSL teams, the tier one teams and the CSL premier teams? I would think that ALL the ECNL teams would have rosters with all girls committed. So if your kid didn't play ECNL, what would have been the better option?

How are the teams doing with college commits? How are the ECNL teams doing? the EGSL teams, the tier one teams and the CSL premier teams? I would think that ALL the ECNL teams would have rosters with all girls committed. So if your kid didn't play ECNL, what would have been the better option?

A lot going on there Scottie.....u asking or stating?

A lot going on there Scottie.....u asking or stating?
How many commits out of how many players at the u18/19 (g98):
ECNL
EGSL
Tier One
Premier

I know that I can look at SC Blues website and I find:

EGSL/Composite--6/14
ECNL--20/22 (the 2 girls are 2018 grads)

(that is a statement)

I looked at the website, https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/
but it just lists some of the kids, not all, I thought posters might have a clue.

(I am asking)

Tip #2

Start the process early. I recommend that you start the process the fall of her freshman year of high school. i know that sounds really early especially since they are just starting high school and making decisions that are 5 years away seems too early but it isn't. Start getting an idea of what type of school she wants to go to. Does she want to go to a big school or a small one? Urban, rural or college town setting. Power 5 conference, mid major or D2/3. This is where she should start getting a general idea of 20-30 schools that you can start to whittle down. Also make sure that she remains flexible. I know plenty of girls that committed to schools that weren't initially on their list but fit their criteria and wanted them for the soccer team.

10th grade is fine to start, I signed my oldest up as an 8th grader to figure out the process. She's had coaches watching her since we started, 4 really good offers as she starts her Senior year. 2 had been watching her since she was a 9th grader, 2 saw her at last year's Las Vegas Player's Showcase and she just committed to one of the schools that saw her in LV last year. It's also a school that I thought would be her last pick! (shows you what I know) just go along for the ride, guide them when they need it, show them the upsides to all and let them make the choice, remember, it's about them, not you....(btw, the school is D3 and they cut the tuition in half if she committed early so, don't think there isn't $$ available if they want your DD)...East Coast Schools LOVE West Coast Player's!

10th grade is fine to start, I signed my oldest up as an 8th grader to figure out the process. She's had coaches watching her since we started, 4 really good offers as she starts her Senior year. 2 had been watching her since she was a 9th grader, 2 saw her at last year's Las Vegas Player's Showcase and she just committed to one of the schools that saw her in LV last year. It's also a school that I thought would be her last pick! (shows you what I know) just go along for the ride, guide them when they need it, show them the upsides to all and let them make the choice, remember, it's about them, not you....(btw, the school is D3 and they cut the tuition in half if she committed early so, don't think there isn't $$ available if they want your DD)...East Coast Schools LOVE West Coast Player's!

This looks like an interesting question - how does a DIII school make a half-tuition offer to a desired athlete?

This looks like an interesting question - how does a DIII school make a half-tuition offer to a desired athlete?

OUT OF STATE PLAYER'S...just keep an open mind on school's, we were lucky in that all of them were very good school's, just far from home.

I was under the impression that DIII's really can't talk money until the kid applies to the school because there is NO athletic money.

OUT OF STATE PLAYER'S...just keep an open mind on school's, we were lucky in that all of them were very good school's, just far from home.

DIII schools are generally prohibited from giving any benefit to athletes that they do not offer to all applicants.

I was under the impression that DIII's really can't talk money until the kid applies to the school because there is NO athletic money.

that's what I thought too, I'll be honest, my heart was the local offer and when they made a push to get an early commit, I didn't say a word and we let her decide. It took her all of 30 seconds after coming home from the visit. They may not call it "athletic" and when they told us, I was shocked and couldn't argue her decision, maybe that's why they did it!

Back