Ratings / Reviews for 2006 Coaches

I am sure "they are all good people". I highly doubt that any of these coaches want to be known as a**holes but guess what some are.
Facts don't care about feelings- and he wanted facts

I am sure "they are all good people". I highly doubt that any of these coaches want to be known as a**holes but guess what some are.
Facts don't care about feelings- and he wanted facts
True but I thought I'd offer it up anyway .... it's just my opinion based on experiences. As for facts, you'll be hard pressed to get them on this forum but you can look at their history pre Strikers thru this season.

True but I thought I'd offer it up anyway .... it's just my opinion based on experiences. As for facts, you'll be hard pressed to get them on this forum but you can look at their history pre Strikers thru this season.

Agree but somewhere between what a parent says and what a coach does is the truth. We are all tainted by ours or our friends experiences with some coaches. I think that the main problem though is ALOT OF PEOPLE don't share the experiences because of fear, or wanting to move on. Unfortunately it allows for some of these coaches to continue to get away with some bad behaviors

The top 2 team coaches for LAGSD 2006 girls are both quality coaches and even better people. My daughter has played for both and she/we cannot speak highly enough of either.
http://lagalaxysd.com/competitive/girls-teams/
In addition, LAGSD has multiple coaches that have their girls playing at a high level (MD 2004, CH 2003, CD 2002). On a personal note, my daughter has played for and is also very fond of the following: Walker, McKell, Cacioppo, Bedford. Good luck to you and your daughter.

The top 2 team coaches for LAGSD 2006 girls are both quality coaches and even better people. My daughter has played for both and she/we cannot speak highly enough of either.
http://lagalaxysd.com/competitive/girls-teams/
In addition, LAGSD has multiple coaches that have their girls playing at a high level (MD 2004, CH 2003, CD 2002). On a personal note, my daughter has played for and is also very fond of the following: Walker, McKell, Cacioppo, Bedford. Good luck to you and your daughter.

Some of the coaches you mentioned are fantastic (especially Walker and McKell from my experience). But the 2006 team had a somewhat disappointing season for whatever reason and their top two players (arguably) are leaving for other clubs. And I agree that while MD is a great coach, his personality and insecurities are what's holding the entire club back and the main reason why they can't retain quality coaches. We would never consider going to back to LAGSD as long as he's there.

If you are willing to travel to Pasadena, I would check out CZ. He is an experienced coach that focuses heavily on technical training and skills. We have a good 03 team, if playing up is an option for your 04 DD. Beach FC and LA Galaxy are good options to consider if you will live by the beach. From personal experience, I would lean more towards a club that plays in the SCDSL. Having experienced both Coast & SCDSL, I felt SCDSL was more competitive. Coast has good teams too, but not enough to have a competitive game every weekend. Once your kids are older, you could decide if switching to a club that offers ECNL or DA is a good option.

Some of the coaches you mentioned are fantastic (especially Walker and McKell from my experience). But the 2006 team had a somewhat disappointing season for whatever reason and their top two players (arguably) are leaving for other clubs. And I agree that while MD is a great coach, his personality and insecurities are what's holding the entire club back and the main reason why they can't retain quality coaches. We would never consider going to back to LAGSD as long as he's there.

My kid plays for MD and loves him. He pushes the girls hard when he needs to but also has a softer side that the girls enjoy. He has taken this team to level they haven't been to before. 80% of his team as been with the club since U9 so that tells you something about MD and the commitment of this team.

Regarding the 06 coaches. NE is another outstanding coach. She is all about development as a result her record sometimes suffers as she is committed to playing the bottom half of the team at least 50% playing time during the pre season and league play. Come state cup that changes. Close match ups against Surf 0-1 and legends 0-1 proves the girls are headed in the right direction. I guess some families don't like to stick around for the development to produce results and start chasing trophies but I can attest results are starting to happen for the olders so the club is doing something right and we currently don't have the studs flying into the club like some other clubs do (DA will change that)which makes winning through home grown development that much sweeter.

Ha! I'm going to be covering from San Diego north to Ventura to I've got some flexibility... definitely want to live near the beach with some cool summer breezes. No family in CA so nothing driving us to a particular place at this point.
Honestly speaking, the best options for you are either Beach FC or LA Galaxy South Bay. Their 2006 teams are very good and I have only heard positive things about the LAGSB coach (my DD plays on younger team). They are both near the beach and are about midway between Ventura and SD counties. I was in a similar situation where I needed to find a home that was striking distance to both Ventura and SD counties since I travel due to work. Living in Ventura or in OC/SD county makes the commute to the other county virtually impossible.

Honestly speaking, the best options for you are either Beach FC or LA Galaxy South Bay. Their 2006 teams are very good and I have only heard positive things about the LAGSB coach (my DD plays on younger team). They are both near the beach and are about midway between Ventura and SD counties. I was in a similar situation where I needed to find a home that was striking distance to both Ventura and SD counties since I travel due to work. Living in Ventura or in OC/SD county makes the commute to the other county virtually impossible.
Whose your coach at LAGSB?

I would move to San Diego area-Orange County and you will have plenty of soccer options. But I agree best to find the best school district in SoCal if you are in public schools BEFORE soccer :) For coaches in Orange County I would recommended DS at West Coast or CB at Slammers.

Ha! I'm going to be covering from San Diego north to Ventura to I've got some flexibility... definitely want to live near the beach with some cool summer breezes. No family in CA so nothing driving us to a particular place at this point.
Orange County best choice anywhere from San Clemente ("the best climate in the world") and Huntington Beach....maybe seal Beach. As far as coaches past my expertise

I agree with ESPN, Beach FC-Long Beach would be a great choice for both 06 and 04. Great girls, great coaches, great community.
Well if I dig real deep into history I would say the only team and age group I haven't heard someone talk s*** about on this forum would be Beach. Beach 06 great team and Beach 04a legendary and poised to be phenomenal for the DA.
And no, mine don't play there but have ALWAYS had arrache, demelo say really nice things to me about mine and also conduct themselves with integrity on the field (translation not a snarky jerk, not a screamer, not a humilitator, not a texter, not a favorites guy, and not the "nice to your face but a real backdoor idiot" guy that we are famous for here
Beach fC

Back