Ratings / Reviews for 2006 Coaches

I am moving to SoCal from Texas and will be looking for a team for my 2004 and 2006 girls, both who play for elite clubs in the Dallas area. As an outside sale rep, I can locate somewhere between San Diego and LA, so I'm trying to figure out the best place to live and factoring soccer opps into the equation. So my question is where can I find good info on coaches in SoCal? Who are top notch developers of talent, and who is to be avoided? I don't really care about the club, just the coach. So far what I've got from this forum:

• BH will be texting on her phone much of the time...
  • RR will approach me in the parking lot at some point...
  • CZ is legendary...
I'd love to hear some real feedback, the good, the bad and the ugly

Last edited by a moderator:
I am moving to SoCal from Texas and will be looking for a team for my 2004 and 2006 girls, both who play for elite clubs in the Dallas area. As an outside sale rep, I can locate somewhere between San Diego and LA, so I'm trying to figure out the best place to live and factoring soccer opps into the equation. So my question is where can I find good info on coaches in SoCal? Who are top notch developers of talent, and who is to be avoided? I don't really care about the club, just the coach. So far what I've got from this forum:

• CZ is legendary...

You forgot that GB will yell and joystick your player and RD will tell your player that she isn't good enough to play top level D1. DS will tell his favorite players that they are faster/better/more skilled even if your player just beat them/wrong footed them/dominated them.

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. My top two coaches that my daughter played for or were trained by currently either coach a "B" or "C" team or are coaching in the boys academy.

I used the initials for a few coaches as they were mentioned in other posts, but I'm afraid that I don't know all of the coaches by initials. Is it considered bad form to mention names? As we're the paying customers, it seems like we should be able to have a frank discussion out in the open on the coaches that will be so influential on our kids...

I used the initials for a few coaches as they were mentioned in other posts, but I'm afraid that I don't know all of the coaches by initials. Is it considered bad form to mention names? As we're the paying customers, it seems like we should be able to have a frank discussion out in the open on the coaches that will be so influential on our kids...

I mention coaches by name all the time. Underage players initials only. 18 and up they are adults. I was just following your lead.

• BW might try to sleep with my wife when not challenging opposing coaches to fights...
  • CZ is legendary...
Please private message me and I will be more than happy to make some suggestions.

• CZ is legendary...
Funny post. Try CCU Socal Academy in San Marino. Both 2006 and 2004 teams are good with great coaching stuff. Smaller club but great. I am also in sales but inside sales.

S

Sorry, was just trying to point out (in a humorous way) that there often isn't that much actual feedback on coaches and often just griping.

Feel most free to DM me.
I have no problem with this the problem is a lot of parents get agitated so it's best to conduct these chats offline
Starting point is where are you moving to because if you are a parent moving to a particular area based on soccer ...well then we have a whole new thing to discuss lol

• CZ is legendary...

For the record I would do Orange County. At least then you are equidistant from all potential clubs

Feel most free to DM me.
I have no problem with this the problem is a lot of parents get agitated so it's best to conduct these chats offline
Starting point is where are you moving to because if you are a parent moving to a particular area based on soccer ...well then we have a whole new thing to discuss lol

Ha! I'm going to be covering from San Diego north to Ventura to I've got some flexibility... definitely want to live near the beach with some cool summer breezes. No family in CA so nothing driving us to a particular place at this point.

Well if I dig real deep into history I would say the only team and age group I haven't heard someone talk s*** about on this forum would be Beach. Beach 06 great team and Beach 04a legendary and poised to be phenomenal for the DA.
And no, mine don't play there but have ALWAYS had arrache, demelo say really nice things to me about mine and also conduct themselves with integrity on the field (translation not a snarky jerk, not a screamer, not a humilitator, not a texter, not a favorites guy, and not the "nice to your face but a real backdoor idiot" guy that we are famous for here

If you want to be near the beach consider slammers Newport. Great coaches at both your age groups and they are also a group you don't hear trash taking about on here!

If you want to be near the beach consider slammers Newport. Great coaches at both your age groups and they are also a group you don't hear trash taking about on here!

I would agree pre CB and pre PA...
Just being open minded as those two have been quite colorfully slammed in the 2004 age group

Agree as well- just pointing out that there have been concerns about their tactics, recruiting, and subsequent teams

Back