Proper Side Line Etiquette For Soccer Parents?

My only request to anyone taking pictures or video is to keep your mouth shut. Don't ruin it for the rest of us camera junkies that behave.

Distance is your friend. You can usually find a couple other dads down by the corner flag to shoot the bull with and keep you somewhat preoccupied.

There is such an easy way to mitigate (won't eliminate) parent comments to the refs and parent coaching. It baffles me that more leagues don't require the parents to sit with their team to the left of the bench (or to the right in those odd cases when the CR prefers his ARs on the left). You eliminate direct contact with the AR and the coach can better control his parents from coaching and talking smack to the ref. All leagues state that the Coach is responsible for parent behavior yet they often put the coach on the opposite sideline from the parents...that makes zero sense. Now I realize some refs prefer that all parents are on one side because they feel they can better control the parents, but that's not the ref's responsibility and only escalates parent/ref interaction.

Great SCDSL is toothless. But do you really want to be that parent, even if quiet, that becomes an issue that the manager has to deal with? All it takes is for 1 parent from the other team to complain. Managers do enough without parents adding to it. Sounds like you are a teoublemaker.

Oh no, you wouldn't want to be a youth soccer parent troublemaker But really, sit where you want if you are adult enough to not make snide comments and get into arguments with the opposing teams parents. I'm not going to let a club that I pay thousands of dollars for treat me like a kindergartener with a list of rules for attending my child's game which I have most likely just spent an hour driving to.

For the OP, I too came from the very emotional world of football. I coached my kids in baseball so that I could be the loud voice from the sidelines. Meanwhile I avoided my Ulittle DD's games because it was such a constrained environment. I simply had a very hard time not interjecting myself into the competition and restraining the emotion that I was taught to be a part of sport. As my DD grew older and more skilled I could no longer avoid the sidelines. At first it was very difficult not to focus on every move that my DD made and to suppress the urge to give direction and a running commentary. I found a solution in taking up the activity of keeping team stats. You are so occupied by the task at hand that you cannot focus on your DD and you become a little detached from the emotion of the game. I don't have to do it every game any longer as I have calmed down a bit and it's nice to just enjoy the game now. It did help me though. I would think that any activity or task that you can take up such as others have suggested will distract you from the emotion of the game.

Wow really not that complicated

Remember one thing: These are kids game not yours.

Allow the kids to develop and fend for themselves, Its their game - not yours. Don't ever forget that and you will be fine.

9a740b9d9f9f66efc7c90de50225cbef.jpg

Wow really not that complicated

Remember one thing: These are kids game not yours.

Allow the kids to develop and fend for themselves, Its their game - not yours. Don't ever forget that and you will be fine.

9a740b9d9f9f66efc7c90de50225cbef.jpg
Excellent sentiment, but is there one for girls? Sorry to be "that guy" but subtle sexism is still not inclusive.

I find it offensive that the signs are in traditional blue and pink. I hate to be that guy but do you have a gender neutral color? I am triggered

:rolleyes:
Help me become the model parent for my kids Club.

After selecting a club out here we received the 8 page player/parent contract for the upcoming season which includes mandating where you sit and what you can and cant say during a game........

My background. 12+ years, Texas High School football coach. (quiet will be new one for me)

How do I leave my coaching tendencies at home and become the ideal parent outlined in the contract?
Duck tape my friend works wonders, sugar free vs lolipops...LOL:rolleyes::mad::D

I find it offensive that the signs are in traditional blue and pink. I hate to be that guy but do you have a gender neutral color? I am triggered
But what if he or she is unsure about his/her identity? This is a micro aggression. And, what if the kid doesn't have a Mom or Dad? This is offensive and hurtful. What if their parent died in a car accident? This is callous. What if a kid's uncle is homeless? "Bum" is an oppressive and elitist word.

The people who made this sign have no heart, and hate children. March, resist, march, riot, march until each and every sign is torn down.

But what if he or she is unsure about his/her identity? This is a micro aggression. And, what if the kid doesn't have a Mom or Dad? This is offensive and hurtful. What if their parent died in a car accident? This is callous. What if a kid's uncle is homeless? "Bum" is an oppressive and elitist word.

The people who made this sign have no heart, and hate children. March, resist, march, riot, march until each and every sign is torn down.

These are all great points. Also in the 8 page contract I hope it addresses what we do with kids who have grass allergies at soccer games. Grass is toxic as well and we need to address this as a group so that the 3 kids in our league who are allergic to grass can also play.
Seating arrangements are truly the pinnacle of concern for SCSDL amd I for one am so thankful that they have decided to make such a stand for such an important issue. I am hoping the next pillar of excellence they pursue is the height of spectator chairs because those of you who prefer the tall ones are obstructing my view.

I clearly see white. You need to check your privilege.

The big bad DOC WOLF is watching so you best be sitting where you 'sposed to. Don't want to trigger any soccer parents
Come on. That is clearly swiss coffee and the lettering is in invisible paint so not to offend anyone. It actually says "Sit down and shut the f*ck up while you watch your kid's game". I'm paraphrasing a little.

Back